First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the width of the Wrangler vs Bronco are these measurements from the outside of the fenders? If yes, then is it possible the Bronco will actually be a few inches wider inside (or at the doors/body) than the Wrangler because the Wrangler has wider fenders?
yes width is fender to fender (not mirrors) and the bronco will have a wider body and thinner fenders
Sponsored

Reactions: BD1

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s great. Any estimate on how much wider? Appreciate all this you are doing.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thatā€™s great. Any estimate on how much wider? Appreciate all this you are doing.
I would have to guess a SOLID 2ā€ wider body.

Reactions: BD1

drogers

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 m3, ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just a little chart with what information we know as well as speculation. How will the 2021 Ford Bronco stack up to it main competition?

*Edit added Approach departure and break over angles. passenger volume And towing capacity. and sales

8BF77736-44F2-4574-9A2B-A7ADF58FCCE9.jpeg
How do you figure the 4 door has an extra 12ā€ of wheelbase and 15ā€ of ā€˜cabinā€™ space but only one inch of extra rear legroom and LESS cargo space than the 2 door?? I didnā€™t graduate college, but I took enough math to know that doesnā€™t add up...

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you figure the 4 door has an extra 12ā€ of wheelbase and 15ā€ of ā€˜cabinā€™ space but only one inch of extra rear legroom and LESS cargo space than the 2 door?? I didnā€™t graduate college, but I took enough math to know that doesnā€™t add up...
haha Good catch. I was just throwing numbers out there based on the wrangler. Didnā€™t even pay attention.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco opinions and comparisons from TFL.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco opinions and comparisons from TFL.
ā€œRevealed July 9th.... posted 9 hours ago. WTF? I wonder about these guys some times.

some days they are on the ball and have great information. Other days itā€™s like Clickbait title after Clickbait title of useless information

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ā€œRevealed July 9th.... posted 9 hours ago. WTF? I wonder about these guys some times.

some days they are on the ball and have great information. Other days itā€™s like Clickbait title after Clickbait title of useless information
The back and fourth sounds like on this site. One states their opinion and the other jumps all over it.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The back and fourth sounds like on this site. One states their opinion and the other jumps all over it.
They never used to be that way thatā€™ll started about two years ago. And itā€™s annoying as hell. Arguing just to argue.
ā€œ It wonā€™t have removable doors because their framelessā€
WTF is that? Geniuses

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They never used to be that way thatā€™ll started about two years ago. And itā€™s annoying as hell. Arguing just to argue.
ā€œ It wonā€™t have removable doors because their framelessā€
WTF is that? Geniuses
There are some good points in this video if they stop arguing long enough to let the other talk.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are some good points in this video if they stop arguing long enough to let the other talk.
and at some points you want to slap them.

like on the engines, the 2.3 brings the best of all 3 jeep engines together. It is reliable, it puts down similiar torque as the FCA diesel, and same mileage as the small 2.0 turbo. all while putting down more HP.

and it is pretty much guaranteed there will be a bigger 2.7 or 3.0

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I just drove a Jeep (JL) on 35s for the first time and the ride itself was terrible lmao. Sketchy as hell and will not be buying one for a daily driver ever. It was an awesome rig, just not for me. I see it as a flat tow vehicle to whatever your offroad destination is. It just didnā€™t feel stable.

The funny part was the manager at the dealership explaining to me how the Bronco was gonna be marked up $10-15k without a reservation. Then he found out I had a reservation out of state lol. Anyway the JL would be a badass little ride for a weekend warrior. Bronco it is for me though, 100 percent.

Edit: I forgot to mention the turbo 4 in the JL....Itā€™s wonderful and turned the 35s beautifully. Itā€™s a match made in heaven for the 8 speed as well. I never once felt a shift. It was a 2018 2 door Base model with 5k miles. Excellent condition located at Clear Lake Nissan in League City, TX. Eric there helped me out.
Sponsored

Last edited: