First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully this level of high grade steel prevents Rust better. Nothing worse then spending $40k+ on a Rig only for it to Rust in 5 years or so. Its one of the biggest things I hate about Jeeps. Maybe its a Northeast thing but still. When you spend that kind of money on a vehicle you shouldn't have to worry about it rotting away. You would think in the year 2020 someone would have come out with a better stronger rust resistant material by now. Hopefully this High grade Steel makes a difference.
Never understood why east coast states loved salt so much. I've been driving on ice snow for decades in areas that use no salt and have yet to have my first accident because of it. In Pa. even with the salt you don't drive in the winter you do a controlled slide which i kind of found itstimulating. You just learn tio drive slower and to anticipate the road hazards ahead and compensate for them before you get to them.
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone knows they should have gone for Rearden Metal. Anything else is just a compromise.

One of the claimed properties of this steel is increased corrosion resistance due to a different formulation of the galvanizing material. Only time will tell.

The first thing to corrode through on my Cherokee when I was stationed at Schofield Barracks was the steel under the seat. I was driving on to Wheeler AAF, hit a speed bump, heard something break and dropped about an inch. Oahu killed that poor Cherokee. Well, that and I used it to haul around SCUBA gear.
Speaking of which. Is ford going to at least lightly paint the rear axle? Had to do it myself in my 14 Stang. Not the end of the world, but it doesn't help when milder steels are not coated at all.