indio22

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Land Rover, 98 Jeep TJ, 85 Jeep CJ-7
hmm, I didn't notice any information regarding how well this metal resists corrosion. As someone who tends to hang onto vehicles a long time and often buys used, corrosion resistance is a key feature. Hopefully this metal variant holds up over time to water/salt.

72malibu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Malibu 5 Spd 406
"Aww COME ON MAN! I PREFERRED THE OTHER STEEL!" - Forum members, probably.
Hopefully the coating lasts so it doesn't rust and fall apart like a Tacoma frame. "the high strength steel, which is a lower gage than the original DP800 and DP600 found in the earlier Bronco" Lower gauge = thinner metal

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

next up - a poll to gauge interest, and then a call to action to demand Ford uses a different kind of steel, regardless of weight impact, or impact to production timeline. Build and Price now pushed back to Neverbruary 2074
0N3tJ7H.gif

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

next up - a poll to gauge interest, and then a call to action to demand Ford uses a different kind of steel, regardless of weight impact, or impact to production timeline. Build and Price now pushed back to Neverbruary 2074
0N3tJ7H.gif

indio22

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Land Rover, 98 Jeep TJ, 85 Jeep CJ-7
The article also mentions the new Bronco steel will be "a lower gage than the original DP800 and DP600 found in the earlier Bronco". Hopefully this lower gage will not negatively impact rust and strength under certain situations.

My first vehicle was an old '65 Mustang. One night in college, I got a call from the campus police. Drunk students had been running on top of vehicles in the dorm parking lot.

I arrived outside to inspect the damage. None to the outside of my Mustang. But the tops of the other cars and some hood/trunks were dented and buckled. I attributed that in part to the rather thick metal of my older Mustang.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
"Aww COME ON MAN! I PREFERRED THE OTHER STEEL!" - Forum members, probably.
Right!? It’s not even green... wrong top too!!!

In all seriousness! I have Loved every technical review/reveal/info of the Bronco’s mechanical and functional capabilities!

You can change colors, but you can’t change steel!

Advertisement

Advertisement