Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All good info,,but WTH is the Sway Bar Disco wiring doing back there???
Because they can?

Couple things I could see. Might be a centralized location for under body pass through OR lack of room under the dash OR wanted to mount modules as high as possible in case folks take them for a swim.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm, a 9cm difference in height (122cm - 113cm) is 90mm. That’s a helluva noticeable difference! 😉
Doh, mafs is hard

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jumping in to help since I've been working on this and the top for a few days.

Trailer wiring is an issue because there is a module, I assume, is the commodity problem. This is where the turn and park lights are generated over the CAN network signal. As far as trailer braking, it's only showing "customer access" in the dash, no trailer brake controller. The diagram might be a preliminary version but right now you would need to figure out how to get turn and park lights from somewhere without messing the circuits up, just for a flat 4. If you want trailer brakes, you can probably use the customer access and tap into a 7 pin, understanding you still need to get turn, park, brake and charge wires there.

1622660409822.png

1622660440483.png

1622660649542.png

Module should go here. I don't really think the wiring or hitch itself is the issue, just lack of modules. Tapping into the rear light wiring without knowing if diodes need to be installed or if the BCM is going to freak because it sees a load (from trailer) on the circuit that shouldn't be there. Could throw a B code or cook the module itself.
THANK YOU .... I ordered mine with the tow package so lights, turn signal, and brake light harness with will be there .... I need to control my trailer's drum brakes however, so i need to figure out the wiring for the controller.

OP
OP
Rednek

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

THANK YOU .... I ordered mine with the tow package so lights, turn signal, and brake light harness with will be there .... I need to control my trailer's drum brakes however, so i need to figure out the wiring for the controller.
there will be a connector underdash to plug into

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THANK YOU .... I ordered mine with the tow package so lights, turn signal, and brake light harness with will be there .... I need to control my trailer's drum brakes however.
I've found nothing in the workshop manual so far, just the customer access in the dash for TBC.
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live 1622663868480

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live 1622663962713

What's strange is usually they just have deadheaded wires for customer installed TBC, not a factory connector. I'm suspicious the manual is not complete or there may be an option coming for factory TBC.
ETA: It's possible they have the mating half of this in the glove box for hooking into the harness.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rednek

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've found nothing in the workshop manual so far, just the customer access in the dash for TBC.

What's strange is usually they just have deadheaded wires for customer installed TBC, not a factory connector. I'm suspicious the manual is not complete or there may be an option coming for factory TBC.
ETA: It's possible they have the mating half of this in the glove box for hooking into the harness.
thats the way they used to be,mating plug in glovebox for customer use

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hold on a sec, is that the plastic intercooler flange bolted onto the same bracket as the recovery hooks?

2C95D229-D60A-4825-ABD7-25DCF72819BD.jpeg

1622657793374.gif
The magenta colored bolts are what is fastening the recovery hooks to the frame ... the flange supporting the intercooler is just pulling double duty .... it is NOT load bearing as far as the recovery hook is concerned .... its common practice to design multi purpose part

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thats the way they used to be,mating plug in glovebox for customer use
Is that what the harness is in my f150 glovebox? Been there for 3 yrs in its packaging. Never looked into it because my truck came with the heavy duty towing package and hem brake controller.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 02 F250 had the mating half in the glovebox.

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The magenta colored bolts are what is fastening the recovery hooks to the frame ... the flange supporting the intercooler is just pulling double duty .... it is NOT load bearing as far as the recovery hook is concerned .... its common practice to design multi purpose part
Not sure I agree there. The hook is welded onto the same bracket that loops around and holds the intercooler flange bolts. So the load passes from the hook to the bracket to the magenta bolts and then to the frame. There won’t be any problems if the truck is being pulled forward, like it should be for flat towing or a straight recovery. But if someone, say, gets stuck in a ditch and hooks onto just one side to pull the truck out, it will put massive torque on the bracket. If it does flex, that will either crush the intercooler or pull one side away from the other. The first point of failure in this case would be the gasket and mating surface between the plastic intercooler flange and aluminum core. These are pressed together so once it leaks, the intercooler is a total throwaway. I dunno it just seems like there should’ve been a better place to mount it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I agree there. The hook is welded onto the same bracket that loops around and holds the intercooler flange bolts. Yes, the magenta bolts will transfer the load to the frame, but the bracket takes the load first. There won’t be any problems if loads are applied head on, like they should be when flat towing or pulling a straight recovery. But if someone, say, gets stuck in a ditch and hooks onto just one side to pull the truck out, there will be substantial torque on that bracket. And if the bracket flexes, it will put a bunch of stress on the gasket between the intercooler flange and aluminum core, which will start to leak. The only question is how beefy that bracket is and how much torque it can handle without flexing enough to cause a problem. Seems to me like there should’ve been a better way to mount the intercooler.
You didn't know...2021 owners will be guinnea pigs lol. Last thing someone needs is to have a mangled or busted up intercooler or trans cooler out on trails on the middle of nowhere. Let's hope those bash plates can take a beating! For those without the mod bumper, but plates do they get? The thin non-metal material in the so-called "skid plates" that was used under my f150 fx4? I hope not.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that what the harness is in my f150 glovebox? Been there for 3 yrs in its packaging. Never looked into it because my truck came with the heavy duty towing package and hem brake controller.
That might be the camera connector stub that is used when tailgate is removed.

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like some locator pegs. But location makes that tin front bash plate kinda important 🤞
Hope so! Also, zoom in on the left side: the hole looks almost oval shaped to give some play in case one side or the other moves. That might be the out.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let's hope those bash plates can take a beating!
If I remember correctly, the bash plate tore away in the "Bronco R" race & they wound up improvising a replacement with a "STOP" sign they found just sitting on a pole

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure I agree there. The hook is welded onto the same bracket that loops around and holds the intercooler flange bolts. So the load passes from the hook to the bracket to the magenta bolts and then to the frame. There won’t be any problems if the truck is being pulled forward, like it should be for flat towing or a straight recovery. But if someone, say, gets stuck in a ditch and hooks onto just one side to pull the truck out, it will put massive torque on the bracket. Maybe it’s beefy enough to prevent any flexing, or maybe the hook is welded in a way that the bracket can’t move no matter what. But if it does happen to flex, that will either crush the intercooler or pull one side away from the other. The first point of failure in this case would be the gasket and mating surface between the plastic intercooler flange and aluminum core. These are pressed together so once it leaks, the intercooler is a total throwaway. I dunno it just seems like there should’ve been a better place to mount it.
I see what you're saying as far as the torque on the bracket .... i would still like to see the part at a better angle or on a dwg by itself.
I wonder how the different bumpers work on there, cuz the towing flanges are different ! do you have to unhook the intercooler from those brackets to mount a different bumper? seems like the brackets will change with different bumpers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=202...XTLH0KHVZbDl4Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1902&bih=907
Sponsored