Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you check, drain and fill the transmission fluid in the 2.7 liter?

I was told you never need to check or change it by the Ford rep at a local Bronco event. I call BS on that!
If the same as Explorer 10r60 will have a plug on drivers side of trans with a short dipstick under it.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, in the owners manual it says - every 150K miles do this:

• Change the automatic transmission fluid and filter.
  • Change the manual transmission fluid.
  • Change the front axle fluid.
  • Change the rear axle fluid.
  • Change the transfer case fluid.
  • Replace the accessory drive belt(s).
I admit my vehicles are old (2002 is the newest) but all those items seem overly optimistic to me....

In any case now we know the trans is supposed to be serviced, it's just a matter of how much pain there is to get it done.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you get a part number for the 2 door factory roof rack yet?
Thanks

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this service manual available for us yet? I need torque values for front and rear suspension.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jumping in to help since I've been working on this and the top for a few days.

Trailer wiring is an issue because there is a module, I assume, is the commodity problem. This is where the turn and park lights are generated over the CAN network signal. As far as trailer braking, it's only showing "customer access" in the dash, no trailer brake controller. The diagram might be a preliminary version but right now you would need to figure out how to get turn and park lights from somewhere without messing the circuits up, just for a flat 4. If you want trailer brakes, you can probably use the customer access and tap into a 7 pin, understanding you still need to get turn, park, brake and charge wires there.

1622660409822.png

1622660440483.png

1622660649542.png

Module should go here. I don't really think the wiring or hitch itself is the issue, just lack of modules. Tapping into the rear light wiring without knowing if diodes need to be installed or if the BCM is going to freak because it sees a load (from trailer) on the circuit that shouldn't be there. Could throw a B code or cook the module itself.
Can you possibly get a pic of where the windshield and rear window washer lines are routed? Mine are leaking from the factory from both sides near the rockers and I am trying to remove as few panels as possible...

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live 1637789278684

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live 1637789311879

Nothing good in the manual, here's the parts views

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1637789278684.png

1637789311879.png

Nothing good in the manual, here's the parts views
Thanks! I found my leak...it was the line that crossed from passenger to driver side, and it is made of corrugated plastic. I may just replace it with an old school rubber section (like the last run in the current system that goes to the rear window). Not sure why Ford chose to go with the corrugated line, as there are many forum entries out there with folks whose corrugated lines eventually leaked. Fortunately my rubber flooring made the gallons of washer fluid that ended up in my cargo space have an easier escape route...

Last edited:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a list all of the documentation currently available from Helm. Hopefully they come out with a paper version of the service manual. Actually working on a vehicle while using a computer to read the service manual is painful.

https://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=FMC&Make=FRD&Model=BRO+&Year=2021&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=
I've had good success with CD ROMS. I just print the pages that I what to have as a do a job. Then I can write on them get them all greasy etc and it doesn't matter because I have a clean original.

My experience is with PDFs though. Requiring windows seems pretty lame. I hope they still support printing and full text searching like a standard PDF doc.

Also the PDF can be put to a hard drive and backed up or to a file server and used remotely. I hope this DOS app has all that flexibility ??

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had good success with CD ROMS. I just print the pages that I what to have as a do a job. Then I can write on them get them all greasy etc and it doesn't matter because I have a clean original.

My experience is with PDFs though. Requiring windows seems pretty lame. I hope they still support printing and full text searching like a standard PDF doc.

Also the PDF can be put to a hard drive and backed up or to a file server and used remotely. I hope this DOS app has all that flexibility ??
Too bad you can't even order it. That sucks. I might just order the wiring schematic, it will have a fair amount of what I want to know anyway.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi - has anyone tried dis-assembling the interior cargo side panels? (or have seen the panel removal instructions?) Trying to make sure there are no surprises awaiting me as I would like to mount the port for my onboard air just behind the 'dummy' wire clamp that you use to hold the hardtop wiring when the roof is off. That recessed area seems like a great place for the ARB port for an air line run from the engine compartment. I just don't want to inadvertently break off any connectors as I attempt to get access. Thanks!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure I agree there. The hook is welded onto the same bracket that loops around and holds the intercooler flange bolts. So the load passes from the hook to the bracket to the magenta bolts and then to the frame. There won’t be any problems if the truck is being pulled forward, like it should be for flat towing or a straight recovery. But if someone, say, gets stuck in a ditch and hooks onto just one side to pull the truck out, it will put massive torque on the bracket. If it does flex, that will either crush the intercooler or pull one side away from the other. The first point of failure in this case would be the gasket and mating surface between the plastic intercooler flange and aluminum core. These are pressed together so once it leaks, the intercooler is a total throwaway. I dunno it just seems like there should’ve been a better place to mount it.
Plastic intercooler,plastic radiator on an offroad vehicle 🙈
Sponsored