Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screw it, I'm gonna go. I've had wanderlust for a while anyway.its o ly 8.5 hours lol
Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of the smoke? I take it you haven't heard about the Grizzly Creek Fire, Pine Gulch Fire, Cameron Peak Fire, Williams Fork Fire...there's like ten wildfires burning here. I'm in southern Colorado and my living room smells like a campfire. The smoke's been so bad, I can't even see Pikes Peak. But maybe it will all clear up by mid-September!
We live just west of Buena Vista over Cottonwood pass (Crested Butte) and the smoke has pretty much cleared out. This pic was from my bike ride yesterday and happens to be from one of the first roads we'll likely try out our new toy on. BV is about 90 minutes from here so we might take the drive to see them in person. It will be slightly early for fall colors but the Cottonwood pass drive is really beautiful for that.

IMG_0057.jpg

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We live just west of Buena Vista over Cottonwood pass (Crested Butte) and the smoke has pretty much cleared out. This pic was from my bike ride yesterday and happens to be from one of the first roads we'll likely try out our new toy on. BV is about 90 minutes from here so we might take the drive to see them in person. It will be slightly early for fall colors but the Cottonwood pass drive is really beautiful for that.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's 1st public appearance comes 9/9-12 at Bronco Super Celebration West in Colorado [2-Door and Sport will be displayed] IMG_0057
Nice! I'm 90 miles east of BV, and the smoke's cleared out quite a bit over here too. Done a lot of hiking on top of that pass from the east side (there are a bunch of 13ers up there) but never drove the west side. That'll be a nice drive.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I'm 90 miles east of BV, and the smoke's cleared out quite a bit over here too. Done a lot of hiking on top of that pass from the east side (there are a bunch of 13ers up there) but never drove the west side. That'll be a nice drive.
The west side of Cottonwood pass was finally upgraded and paved and reopened last year. It's the only highway in Colorado that received a perfect score for engineering and construction. It completely transformed the 14 mile stretch down to Taylor reservoir. I couldn't help but notice that it's one of the scheduled drives for the event even being pavement rather than an off-road experience. My guess is that's partly because it's nearby, and partly because it's such a nice drive. It also has the distinction of being the highest paved rout over the continental divide.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody have confirmation of which “concept mules” they will have on site?

Will be we able to sit in them? Or is this a look don’t touch event?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The west side of Cottonwood pass was finally upgraded and paved and reopened last year. It's the only highway in Colorado that received a perfect score for engineering and construction. It completely transformed the 14 mile stretch down to Taylor reservoir. I couldn't help but notice that it's one of the scheduled drives for the event even being pavement rather than an off-road experience. My guess is that's partly because it's nearby, and partly because it's such a nice drive. It also has the distinction of being the highest paved rout over the continental divide.
Yep, I talk about it in one of my books :)
Cottonwood Pass
Looks like I need to update the route information...someday.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, I talk about it in one of my books :)
Cottonwood Pass
Looks like I need to update the route information...someday.
Here's some pics from a trip we took shortly after it reopened. Huge difference from the gravel days. Oh and the views of the surrounding area are amazing too. ;)

IMG_4792.jpeg

IMG_4787.jpeg

IMG_4782.jpeg

Joinrdie

Black Diamond
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo C30, '73 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pro Tip for anyone coming from outside Colorado...
"Buena" is pronounced like "Byoo-na" here.

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm good but if you wanted a challenge.. How much of a drop off is there between the top of a folded rear seat and the floor? You can also check to see how level the seats are when folded. Might need this other guy

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's 1st public appearance comes 9/9-12 at Bronco Super Celebration West in Colorado [2-Door and Sport will be displayed] IMG_4782

Bonus mission: locate and take a photo of this alleged bottle opener.
4.5"

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pro Tip for anyone coming from outside Colorado...
"Buena" is pronounced like "Byoo-na" here.
I was just down there last weekend and for the life of me, being a CO resident, I still can force myself to pronounce it that way lol.

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it’s official. The wife has given an excited thumbs up for going. We’re going to go either Thursday all day. Or go up Friday and spend the night!!!

we should organize a meetup for all us forum folk one day and swap stories irl. What say you?!!!

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
29 hours driving time. Been thinking of taking a road trip anyway....

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's 1st public appearance comes 9/9-12 at Bronco Super Celebration West in Colorado [2-Door and Sport will be displayed] Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 1.00.44 PM

BradCA

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lexus CT200, 2020 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

29 hours driving time. Been thinking of taking a road trip anyway....

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's 1st public appearance comes 9/9-12 at Bronco Super Celebration West in Colorado [2-Door and Sport will be displayed] Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 1.28.07 PM
Yikes-29 hours. 16 hours from where I live. You’ve got me beat.
Sponsored