The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe only difference between badlands and Sasquatch is tire size. Suspension should be identical. Tire size alone would only result in a 1 inch ride height increase.
The Suspension is not identical. You'll need the Sasquatch package to fit 35s on the Badlands from the factory. Or go aftermarket. But if you throw 35s on without it they'll be crammed in those wheel wells like the Badlands Overlanding set up Ford displayed and have no travel.

Bronco Overland Concept.jpg
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe only difference between badlands and Sasquatch is tire size. Suspension should be identical. Tire size alone would only result in a 1 inch ride height increase.
Ford has said, numerous times, that Sas is different than BL... that they have “different components”... and the numbers reflect these statements.

The published height differences are greater than tires alone, and Ford has stated there are differences beyond just the tires

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wouldn’t 35’s be a 2” difference between the BL 33’s?

Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn’t 35’s be a 2” difference between the BL 33’s?
It's a 2" difference in the tire diameter. The half of the tire above the axle doesn't add to overall vehicle height. Increase in tire radius increases height, and radius is diameter divided by two. So a 1" increase.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Won’t it be nice when we have Broncos and can figure this out for good based on spring and shock part numbers and real world measurements.

My bet is the spring part numbers change with curb weight, so you could have a standard 7MT non-Squatch Badlands and a 2.7 10AT Lux Badlands and have different spring part numbers anyway, so how we tell between a Squatch Lux Wildtrack and a non-Squatch standard Badlands who the hell knows if that is relevant.

MadMac

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Suspension is not identical. You'll need the Sasquatch package to fit 35s on the Badlands from the factory. Or go aftermarket. But if you throw 35s on without it they'll be crammed in those wheel wells like the Badlands Overlanding set up Ford displayed and have no travel.

I think the wheel is wider with a different offset which permits the 35, will confirm when my badlands gets here.....

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Compare that fender gap to this... This is the 33s...

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's Bilstein suspension vs standard suspension pics 1616351315056

and here’s a Badlands with SAS...

Ford-Bronco-Badlands-Walkaround.jpg

Last edited:

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the point of this thread was to talk about how the standard suspension differs from the Sasquatch suspension. Not how the Badlands suspension differs from the Sasquatch suspension. (Which is minimal)

That was my question to BN that got posted!đź‘Ť

Been wondering what the difference between these two are. To the untrained eye, they look SUPER similar...Just unpainted. I'm sure they're pretty different...but now seeing it, I'm not sure they're really that different. Does anyone with good knowledge and understanding of suspension parts see something, I'm not? Thanks!

Sponsored

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bilstein Suspension

2021 Bronco Bilstein Suspension.jpeg

Standard Suspension

2021 Bronco Standard Suspension.jpg

Photo credit thebronconation
What’s the difference in shock tube diameter? The Sasquatch Bilsteins look a tiny bit larger than the base suspension, but they’re not exactly 2.5” or 3.0” monsters.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Which is probably what most people want anyway. :D A tire that looks "stuffed" in the wheel wells, with no intention of actually using it off-road. :LOL:

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Compare that fender gap to this... This is the 33s...

1616351315056.jpeg

and here’s a Badlands with SAS...

Ford-Bronco-Badlands-Walkaround.jpg
Yep. This is the proper set ups. You can see the difference compared to the Badlands with the Overland tent set up I posted. Ford basically just squeezed the 35s on for show. You need the Sasquatch.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the wheel is wider with a different offset which permits the 35, will confirm when my badlands gets here.....
Yes, that has already been confirmed with wheel dimensions and offsets posted in several threads on the subject. However, it has also been confirmed the Overland concept has no lift, the tires rub when turned as the Bronco guys ran out of time to throw on a lift before it was shown at the show.

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which is probably what most people want anyway. :D A tire that looks "stuffed in the wheel wells, with no intention of actually using it off-road. :LOL:
I think it looks horrible and doubt it's even drivable on the road with that little space. Rubbing every pot hole you hit. 🤣
Sponsored