North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have nothing to add to this conversation but that 4 link setup with a panhard bar is just begging to be modded

Some jack wagon is gonna make a drill fixture and move that lower strut mount and turn that stock pan
hard into a adjustable one

Maybe mod the upper arms also to set pinion angle , good thing I have far to much sense to do anything like that
Here you go.

4WP (4 Wheel Parts) Bronco aftermarket parts ready to launch once first 100 vehicles roll off the line

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's Bilstein suspension vs standard suspension pics 2021 Bronco ProComp Rear Track Bar 4WP Shop 4
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have nothing to add to this conversation but that 4 link setup with a panhard bar is just begging to be modded

Some jack wagon is gonna make a drill fixture and move that lower strut mount and turn that stock pan
hard into a adjustable one

Maybe mod the upper arms also to set pinion angle , good thing I have far to much sense to do anything like that
First and foremost, that lower shock mount needs some armor for that bilstein reservoir 😬

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I am not seeing 3” of suspension lift looking at the axle compared to the pan hard bar mount. The photo angles are different but the axle may be an inch lowered relative to the mount in the Bilstein shot, certainly not three though. Only thing I don’t know is if that Bilstein one is a Sasquatch with 315 MTs or a Badlands with 285 MTs.

Either way, the 3” stated yesterday has to include increase in tire radius based on these pics.
Only thing that gives the axle more lift is the tires .the sas gives the body more lift so you can get bigger tires , only thing that really gives a axle a lift is bigger tires

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More repost photos for those who have not seen them.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's Bilstein suspension vs standard suspension pics 2021 Bronco ProComp Rear Track Bar 4WP Shop 4
Is it just me or are both the front and back coilover mounts begging for some lift spacers? Not much. Maybe like an inch... But wouldn't this make giving these an additional extra bit of lift without screwing anything else up, and no need for other upgrades along with it very easy? Kinda like a quick spacer leveling kit?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Only thing that gives the axle more lift is the tires .the sas gives the body more lift so you can get bigger tires , only thing that really gives a axle a lift is bigger tires
My point was if there is an increase in height on the Bilstein shocks and springs the axle will move down relative to that mount (fixed to the frame) for the pan hard. It certainly isn’t 3” in lift in these pictures. So that 3” figure thrown around has to include tire and suspension lift.

I my line of thinking bigger tires are bigger tire, and a lift = suspension lift or body lift. The 3" "lift" figure thrown out by the Ford rep is misleading - probably intentionally.

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My point was if there is an increase in height on the Bilstein shocks and springs the axle will move down relative to that mount (fixed to the frame) for the pan hard. It certainly isn’t 3” in lift in these pictures. So that 3” figure thrown around has to include tire and suspension lift.
axle well be at the same height if the tires are same but the body well move up so the bumper should be higher

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

axle well be at the same height if the tires are same but the body well move up so the bumper should be higher
We may be saying the same thing in different ways:

4WP with lift—notice the panhard bar frame mount on the left is above the axle because the suspension is lifted:
Bilstein—notice the panhard bar frame mount on the left is level with or slightly above the axle—then notice for the Standard Suspension the panhard bar frame mount is about level or slightly below the axle:

Bilstein Suspension

Standard Suspension

Photo credit thebronconation
Conclusion: The Bilstein suspension doesn't give you 3" of lift unless you include increased tire height.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We may be saying the same thing in different ways:

4WP with lift—notice the panhard bar frame mount on the left is above the axle because the suspension is lifted:

Bilstein—notice the panhard bar frame mount on the left is level with or slightly above the axle—then notice for the Standard Suspension the panhard bar frame mount is about level or slightly below the axle:

Conclusion: The Bilstein suspension doesn't give you 3" of lift unless you include increased tire height.
not sure how much a lift it gives you but I am sure they are adding in tires witch if you going from 32s to 35s well give you .750 . not sure what the stock tires on base is guessing 30s

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like all the same hard points on the bottom, just different coilovers. I take that as a positive.
yup thats always been my issue should i just get a base and put a lift on it sas stuff will all be on the floor anyway. Its the lockers and gears that would be the tricky part.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking more about adding a 2-3" lift to my BL SAS. 2 might be enough. Just want to get the max out of the IFS

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry but these Jimi Hendrix purple haze pics just suck. WTF am I supposed to see exactly?

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition