North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But can a turbo engine really be as good as a V8? And why can't you get the manual with the V6? And why is the tow rating so low?

Alright, we're good for at least 50 pages of arguing now.
Lets go for 100:
  • Should I buy Sas?
  • How much lift does Sas have?
  • Why can't I get roof rails and PPF?
  • How much GVWR does Bronco have?
  • How fast can I take a corner and not rollover?
  • What is the Bronco MPG?
Sponsored

Last edited:

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But can a turbo engine really be as good as a V8? And why can't you get the manual with the V6? And why is the tow rating so low?

Alright, we're good for at least 50 pages of arguing now.
I heard from a friend that knows these things (can't tell you why or I'd get him in trouble) that there's actually 8 cylinders on the V6 and if you get the right codes to unlock it you can use Forscan to enable all 8!

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the point of this thread was to talk about how the standard suspension differs from the Sasquatch suspension. Not how the Badlands suspension differs from the Sasquatch suspension. (Which is minimal)

That was my question to BN that got posted!👍

Been wondering what the difference between these two are. To the untrained eye, they look SUPER similar...Just unpainted. I'm sure they're pretty different...but now seeing it, I'm not sure they're really that different. Does anyone with good knowledge and understanding of suspension parts see something, I'm not? Thanks!
The SAS versions has a piggyback reservoir. That means they can run harder for longer because the extra oil can be displaced into the reservoir keeping it cooler longer.

also they have some kind of end stop control. Instead of bottoming out hard the Bilsteins are supposed to be more controlled when reaching the end of travel.

Sponsored

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The SAS versions has a piggyback reservoir. That means they can run harder for longer because the extra oil can be displaced into the reservoir keeping it cooler longer.

also they have some kind of end stop control. Instead of bottoming out hard the Bilsteins are supposed to be more controlled when reaching the end of travel.
I appreciate the reply, but I already know what the Sasquatch suspension has. There's plenty of information on that set-up. This doesn't really answer my question about the standard suspension. Like yes, it's a different shock or damper than the Bilstein suspension, but how different? Where's the literature on the standard HOSS suspension?

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate the reply, but I already know what the Sasquatch suspension has. There's plenty of information on that set-up. This doesn't really answer my question about the standard suspension. Like yes, it's a different shock or damper than the Bilstein suspension, but how different? Where's the literature on the standard HOSS suspension?
You asked what the difference between the standard shocks and the Sasquatch shocks were. I just told you.

I see on this post you say the standard Hoss shocks. As far as we know there are only two shocks. Standard and Hoss.

Yes the Sasquatch is lifted but that doesn’t mean there are different shocks. They can have leveling spacers all around or they can have longer coils.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You asked what the difference between the standard shocks and the Sasquatch shocks were. I just told you.

I see on this post you say the standard Hoss shocks. As far as we know there are only two shocks. Standard and Hoss.

Yes the Sasquatch is lifted but that doesn’t mean there are different shocks. They can have leveling spacers all around or they can have longer coils.
Sorry dude, but that's incorrect. HOSS system is standard across all Bronco trims. I'm too lazy to find it, screenshot it, and link it. But it's literally on the Ford site. The Bilstein dampers are the main difference. Unfortunately there is just no information on what shocks you get with "standard-duty" which again...is HOSS. I'm doubtful they make a system built for high speed off road driving and it not have a decent set of shocks standard. It's just nobody's talking about it. They're trying to sell everyone on the Sasquatch or Badlands. It sucks, but that's marketing.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry dude, but that's incorrect. HOSS system is standard across all Bronco trims. I'm too lazy to find it, screenshot it, and link it. But it's literally on the Ford site. The Bilstein dampers are the main difference. Unfortunately there is just no information on what shocks you get with "standard-duty" which again...is HOSS. I'm doubtful they make a system built for high speed off road driving and it not have a decent set of shocks standard. It's just nobody's talking about it. They're trying to sell everyone on the Sasquatch or Badlands. It sucks, but that's marketing.
Yeah my bad. I forgot that they named them all HOSS.

I think you are overthinking it. I’m sure the base shocks are just regular old shocks. The upgraded shocks are Bilstein piggybacks.As far as I see it it’s just marketing BS to call the base one HOSS

OP
OP
xcxv

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
none of Moab cars have standard suspension.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's Bilstein suspension vs standard suspension pics FE54C7FF-CEDA-474E-B1C5-5D61CBF9C4AB

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's Bilstein suspension vs standard suspension pics 9B7A0BA8-9B68-483B-A5A5-B31EF7644440
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's Bilstein suspension vs standard suspension pics 93A90EEC-8EFC-43E8-9DCC-F8E15E153669

Last edited:

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm just gonna add spring spacers to get a more aggressive stance.....😂😂😂

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Compare that fender gap to this... This is the 33s...

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco's Bilstein suspension vs standard suspension pics 93A90EEC-8EFC-43E8-9DCC-F8E15E153669

and here’s a Badlands with SAS...

Yep. This is the proper set ups. You can see the difference compared to the Badlands with the Overland tent set up I posted. Ford basically just squeezed the 35s on for show. You need the Sasquatch.
Why do the headlight look incorrect for the badlands. They do not match

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do the headlight look incorrect for the badlands. They do not match
That was an very early pre production Badlands. Everything was pretty much a Fenkenstien back then.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
none of Moab cars have standard suspension.

Your actually Wrong. The outer banks has standard suspension. Watch the separate video on it. They have aftermarket wheels and tires and aftermarket fender Flairs. It's running on 33 inch tires with no Sasquatch.

Now I'm not saying the 33s will work on Broncos with standard suspension in the real world. I'm sure this is a situation where Ford just threw them on for show. Like when the crammed the 35s on the non Sasquatch Badlands at super celebration east.

But I'm not saying they won't either. Nobody knows for sure yet. Time will tell. Me personally I need Sasquatch. I love the look and i know I won't have to worry about any of that. I'm set from the factory.
Sponsored