Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is interesting that the Bronco's built by 4 wheel parts and ARB did the bypass while the stock Bronco went up Hells gate.
Yep. Not surprising though. Lots of one-of-a-kind parts on the 4WP and ARB rigs, probably still a bit of a work-in-progress with less real-world testing. And probably not as confident drivers.

The two that just went up just swapped out wheels and tires, knew what they had, and were confident they could do it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ta2punk

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In one of the ride alongs Brad Lovell says that he knows people are going to rip apart the suspension, 37’s, etc. but that he’d personally recommend keeping it stock due to all the tuning Ford has done. Especially the 4WP’s one with that roof top tent I’ve gotta imagine the center of gravity is way higher than a stock Bronco. Probably just didn’t want to risk it.
I saw that video as well, that was the ride along from the channel Trail Cartel. I'm sure most getting the SAS package will keep it on the 35's til those tires are no longer good. I plan on keeping it on 35's unless I really want 37's but 35's should be just fine.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Me, I'll never understand the thrill of inching (literally) up treacherous terrain, one errant move away from uninsurable calamitous damage to a $30k-$70k+ vehicle

while a group of people spectate over your impending victory/defeat (and a handful yelling out helpful or unhelpful instructions), but I guess it's nice to know the Bronco is capable of this for the day we finally reach the Apocalypse.

I just want to be able to get to some high-mountain lakes without fear of being stranded, but will be sticking to more reasonable off-road "roads" to do so.

Last edited:

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Soooo...how difficult would it be for a wildtrak to do this or any other Bronco without the sway bar disconnect?

OP
OP
Ta2punk

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Soooo...how difficult would it be for a wildtrak to do this or any other Bronco without the sway bar disconnect?
Honestly, not that difficult. If you have a spotter who is telling you how to position your tires, it's not a hard climb at all and I suspect even the base Bronco should be able to do it no issues. You don't need a sway bar disconnect to do this. The Bronco has enough articulation/travel for this.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’d be fine, Hyundai did it in one of their SUV’s.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It is interesting that the Bronco's built by 4 wheel parts and ARB did the bypass while the stock Bronco went up Hells gate.
I think they didnt have front lockers, there was some mention at least on the ARB one which was odd, but wasnt paying attention to what they built those on.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You''ll end up with more tire spin unless you've got the front locker, but this is an obstacle where your wheelbase and the line you take are more important than the vehicle itself.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kia. Sorento.
Did it first. :censored:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sway bar disconnect helps when you need articulation, but not necessarily on hill climbs. Sometimes you want the front end weighted, and that weight to be held in place, not allowed to have the body climb without being tied to the unsprung weight.

Last edited:

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nice to see all the 2 door representation.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hells Gate is pretty trippy. We went up it in my almost stock GX460 back in September.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a Jeep Renegade make it up Hell's Revenge. But I've also seen decked out rigs go flipping down it.

Found it:
Sponsored