Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo...how difficult would it be for a wildtrak to do this or any other Bronco without the sway bar disconnect?
The only thing you need is a rear locker. The bronco sport badlands has a diff lock and made the climb so any full size bronco could do it.
Sponsored

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I saw a Jeep Renegade make it up Hell's Revenge. But I've also seen decked out rigs go flipping down it.

Found it:
this is the most torque converter abuse I’ve seen in quite some time...those poor things don’t have low range

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where there are rocks you will find geologists. I didn't know that Bert Kibbler from Big Bang Theory did 4wd videos. Cool....

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't believe the guy from Our Bronco Life has a beard.
You're probably right. With so much access to Broncos though I would think a beard would grow pretty fast.

EDIT:
Ford Bronco 2021 Broncos vs Hell's Revenge Screenshot_20210407-230119_YouTube

I don't know OBL was sporting some decent facial hair here. Still think that was him.

Last edited:

NickPerry

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Jeep Wrangler & 08 Cooper Clubman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is AWESOME. How do you hear about events like this?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s another video with some different footage and interesting comparison of the fun haver ranger to what RTR will have available for Bronco (40s?)

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In one of the ride alongs Brad Lovell says that he knows people are going to rip apart the suspension, 37’s, etc. but that he’d personally recommend keeping it stock due to all the tuning Ford has done.
I had that same conversation with him. Still wanting to go 37s, but will wait to see how good the aftermarket setup is. The factory shock tuning was pretty damn nice!

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet Zeus that was a great video. Loved the drone shots (photographer for hire here).

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me, I'll never understand the thrill of inching (literally) up treacherous terrain, one errant move away from uninsurable calamitous damage to a $30k-$70k+ vehicle

while a group of people spectate over your impending victory/defeat (and a handful yelling out helpful or unhelpful instructions), but I guess it's nice to know the Bronco is capable of this for the day we finally reach the Apocalypse.

I just want to be able to get to some high-mountain lakes without fear of being stranded, but will be sticking to more reasonable off-road "roads" to do so.
Me, personally, I prefer two tracking in the woods. Couple little mud holes and some rocky-rough terrain, but nothing you couldn't bang a beater car over. I don't get a thrill from rock crawling. More about sight seeing for me. Load the kids and dog up, get my better 3/4's out of the house. Stop at a gas station for some snacks. Then hit the unbeaten paths a bit. Good way to get out for a few hours. Still less than going to a movie. When I was a kid, we did that in my dad's 79 bronco. We went 150 miles without touching pavement once, heading up to mackinaw. Some of my most fond memories doing that stuff.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been waiting to see videos of Broncos doing hells gate, wondering how well it would do. I have to say, I am genuinely impressed. Looked pretty effortless in fact! I am also super impressed that the baby bronco was able to do it as well. In any case, this is making me much more excited for my first Moab trip when I get my BadSquatch!
Sponsored