securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I got that in my 89 Chevy too. Also because of the massive gas tank.

But my biggest complaint about my Tundra is...250 miles per tank. WTF.
I think you might be putting too much weight into the skinny pedal there, hoss. That, or the 5.7 is a really inefficient engine.

I fill my Tundra up every half tank, which puts it every 180 to 200 miles. I have no doubt I could get 360 out of a full tank pretty easily. With the right conditions, 400 isn't out of the question. If I slipped ethanol free gas in there for a few tanks, 400 would be pretty easy, and I might be able to push 450, although I'd be getting pretty nervous toward the end of that. My Tundra has the 4.6L V-8 in it.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford-Bronco-Spare-Tire-Carrier-Swing-Stop-9.jpg

Maybe they can do something like this? ;)

Seems like it was a month ago I caught shit for saying I wanted a damn tail gate and now it seems most people would like that feature. As most are saying, it's just flat out more useful than a stupid swing gate.
Is it really, though? Why?

So then you'd not only have clearance issues with a swinging tire (one argument against a swing gate I see is clearance issues), but then you also have to put down a window before you can then put down a tailgate. A 3 step process every time to open the back? Seems highly annoying/archaic)

I'm not saying I'd have been up in arms and hated it with a tailgate , but it's not going to have it, I don't get the point of endlessly begging for it. lol.

I wouldn’t call it debunked. Just unlikely. Always a chance Ford was trolling by mocking up some fake hinges on the rear window for the “leak.”
Ford literally spelled it out in documents in the UAW contract - under MAP (Bronco's assembly plant), it calls for production of swing gates. If that's not "debunking" I don't know what is.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you might be putting too much weight into the skinny pedal there, hoss. That, or the 5.7 is a really inefficient engine.

I fill my Tundra up every half tank, which puts it every 180 to 200 miles. I have no doubt I could get 360 out of a full tank pretty easily. With the right conditions, 400 isn't out of the question. If I slipped ethanol free gas in there for a few tanks, 400 would be pretty easy, and I might be able to push 450, although I'd be getting pretty nervous toward the end of that. My Tundra has the 4.6L V-8 in it.
Nah. I drive like a grandpa lol

I have the 5.7 in a CrewMax, and running 34/35" tires. Although the stock size tires didn't do much better.

But my commute is worse-case scenario for mileage. It's only 10 miles, but the speed limit is 55 and there's a stop sign every mile. So you get up to 55-60, then stop 10 seconds later. Hybrid would be perfect for me. I won't buy one...But it would be great lol

Highway mileage, I get 15-16 mpg if I keep it below 70.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nah. I drive like a grandpa lol

I have the 5.7 in a CrewMax, and running 34/35" tires. Although the stock size tires didn't do much better.

But my commute is worse-case scenario for mileage. It's only 10 miles, but the speed limit is 55 and there's a stop sign every mile. So you get up to 55-60, then stop 10 seconds later. Hybrid would be perfect for me. I won't buy one...But it would be great lol

Highway mileage, I get 15-16 mpg if I keep it below 70.
Ah, that would do it. My commute is almost 100% highway. I have 1.5 miles of city driving and 1/3rd of a mile of driveway driving. The rest is highway, although there is a reduction in speed limit and a stop light on the highway 6.5 miles from my house.

Still, I get to run 65-70 most of the way, and I get between 17 and 19 MPG, depending mostly on the time of year (winter grade gas runs closer to 17, been getting high 18s to low 19s on the summer grade gas). I also haul a lot more firewood during the winter, which is probably not doing my fuel economy any favors.

I can crack 20 if I use ethanol free gas, but that stuff costs more than the efficiency bump I get out of it is worth.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So then you'd not only have clearance issues with a swinging tire (one argument against a swing gate I see is clearance issues), but then you also have to put down a window before you can then put down a tailgate. A 3 step process every time to open the back? Seems highly annoying/archaic)

I'm not saying I'd have been up in arms and hated it with a tailgate , but it's not going to have it, I don't get the point of endlessly begging for it. lol.
I've not seen one person beg for it yet. And we are all but certain that we won't get it. But plenty have said they'd certainly like it. And it adds to the room of a vehicle. Something to sit on, something to place a cooler on so you aren't diving into the rear to get your beer or whatever. The list does go on. Hell maybe all trucks will switch to swing gates some day. If nothing else, it'll keep the construction workers busy since they won't have a place to sit anymore ;)

As for the 3 step process (we'll leave out the swing out tire and open tailgate part) it can be handled by a.) rolling down rear window prior to leaving front seat. or b.) That nifty little key assembly in the tailgate that allows you to roll down the window from behind the vehicle.

Now the digital age of having everything done for us has made it so some can't comprehend those simple options, so just maybe Ford can add Google Assistant, Alexa, or even dumb ass Siri to the vehicle so we can simply stare at the tailgate and say "Hey (insert digital assistant), roll down rear window". Which actually would be kinda fun the first or second time I did it.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For more information and photos, look here: https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../built-for-getting-things-done-ford-f150.html

There are renderings of the interiors in every trim level in the "Design" gallery, for those who are interested.

As someone who has driven the new F-150 extensively, I can tell you the interior is a massive upgrade, especially in the higher trims. The wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay is a really cool touch as well.
Whoah. WIRELESS AA/AC?

NOICE.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it really, though? Why?

Ford literally spelled it out in documents in the UAW contract - under MAP (Bronco's assembly plant), it calls for production of swing gates. If that's not "debunking" I don't know what is.
A window is incapable of lowering into a swing gate? Thanks for letting me know.

gnarlycaveman

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP2, Tacoma SR 5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Give me a turbo or a 6cyl and a diesel option. Along with built in rock lights. Since the F150 has a million exterior lights. I could go on forever I guess !

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
While the new Bronco does indeed have a swing gate as we have already established, there will be something that will make tailgate lovers happy. That's all I'll say. Just don't be too upset about the lack of a traditional tailgate because Ford hasn't forgotten about you.
God I cannot wait for the reveal of this thing.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes sir. I stumbled upon it by accident while driving one around last fall. I had previously hooked my phone up to the truck using a USB cable and enabled Android Auto. The next time I got in the truck, Android Auto popped up even though the phone was still in my pocket. It is slick. The Bronco will have it too since it also will use SYNC 4.
But did it work from your pocket? I've plugged my phone into my wife's car as well as synced it with bluetoof. Now whenever she starts her car, Android Auto fires up on my phone. It doesn't work though.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
God I cannot wait for the reveal of this thing.
I know man. this guy has got me all hot and bothered! with how, imo Ford slightly dropped the ball on the Mach 1, and dropped the ball on the presentation last night (was underwhelming, the truck is awesome, but the presentation was blah) I am really wanting to see the bronco live up to some of the things we are hearing about.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified. AA popped up on the SYNC screen, not just on my phone. The phone was in my pocket and Google Maps was up and running on the SYNC screen. This will work regardless of screen size as well. Both 8" and 12" screen have it.

Just FYI, wireless AA and Carplay use WiFi rather than Bluetooth to handle the bandwidth of screen mirroring.

Very, VERY cool.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

nope. that we know
We know it’s based on the ranger, and the spy photos didn’t have it. But a xl fleet version might. ??‍♂ It’s okay to hope.
Sponsored