Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The top wouldn't be removable either.
That's another issue. They could certainly design a gate that the window lowers into and the whole thing power opens and closes like a tail gate or have the window lift as on the Expedition and have the tail gate power open. With the glass lifting up, The tail gate and wheel combination shouldn't be so heavy to not be able make that work.
Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1200px-1975_Jeep_Cherokee_in_beige%2C_rear_right.jpg

This worked for me in the 80's it would work for me now. I didn't even mind the manual inside windows:). All the electrics are needless complications although I do like the auto adjust on the side mirrors.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does fold flat - so you have the option of it being a fully flat floor, but you also have the option for the storage compartments if you want to keep things from moving around in the back seat. And it's lockable with the seat down.
I really like that. the seats look really awesome, too. I saw a two-tone truck in the reveal video that looked acceptable to me. It's a good back-up if I don't like the Bronco.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's another issue. They could certainly design a gate that the window lowers into and the whole thing power opens and closes like a tail gate or have the window lift as on the Expedition and have the tail gate power open. With the glass lifting up, The tail gate and wheel combination shouldn't be so heavy to not be able make that work.
Just curious, what is with people today that they need tailgates/swing gates/lift gates that are all power operated?

Hell I'd take a slow ass crank window if you gave me a tailgate. A lift gate is something to smack my head into, a swing gate has no functionality. At least a tailgate I'd get some use out of.

Just remember, people don't swing gate or lift gate at football games, THEY TAIL GATE! ?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, what is with people today that they need tailgates/swing gates/lift gates that are all power operated?

Hell I'd take a slow ass crank window if you gave me a tailgate. A lift gate is something to smack my head into, a swing gate has no functionality. At least a tailgate I'd get some use out of.

Just remember, people don't swing gate or lift gate at football games, THEY TAIL GATE! ?
The thing with a no assist tail gate with a tire and wheel mounted to it would be pretty heavy and hard to close. Power assist would be pretty much mandatory to be practical. Also on the F-150, they added self closing because Chevy has it.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still don't understand what you're getting at - I never said anything about a window being unable to roll down into a tailgate, and then your next post is about how I said a window can't go into the tailgate.
And I never mentioned anything about a swing gate, yet you came at me about it. ??‍♂

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The ideal thing would be to have it work as a lift gate like most SUV's use, but that would require a setup that's probably too expensive to lift a wheel and tire that big.
Also would ruin the whole removable roof thing

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And I never mentioned anything about a swing gate, yet you came at me about it. ??‍♂
This is your post:

I wouldn’t call it debunked. Just unlikely. Always a chance Ford was trolling by mocking up some fake hinges on the rear window for the “leak.”

Implying putting fake hinges on the back for a swinggate. Apparently I misunderstood.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A column shifter has no need to be released and hidden out of the way for a desk...seems like a simpler solution. :)

Sponsored

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm pretty sure I saw "optional" on that feature.
Right, but does that mean if you don’t pay $$ for the option....it just stays upright, and no desk? IMO a column shifter is out of the way, and frees up space in the center console....like my old escape had. :cool:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is your post:

Implying putting fake hinges on the back for a swinggate. Apparently I misunderstood.
I think most people understand that the hinges for the swing gate aren’t on the windows. Lol

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right, but does that mean if you don’t pay $$ for the option....it just stays upright, and no desk? IMO a column shifter is out of the way, and frees up space in the center console....like my old escape had. :cool:
Exactly what you get. The column shifter is only on lower trim levels. It seems premium buyers don't like those. Back in the 90's, they were on most Ford trucks. They had a very distinctive bend to the lever. The thing with those is I'm pretty sure they are mechanical while the other options are all electronic.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think most people understand that the hinges for the swing gate aren’t on the windows. Lol
So your post doesn't mean "fake hinges" on the window to throw people off to make people think it's a swinggate and not a tailgate?

Whatever, it really doesn't matter.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So your post doesn't mean "fake hinges" on the window to throw people off to make people think it's a swinggate and not a tailgate?

Whatever, it really doesn't matter.
No, and it’s hilarious anyone would think that!!! ???
Sponsored