Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just noticed the f150 has cameras under the side mirrors and one pic of the center screen showed an overhead camera trickery view.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, and it’s hilarious anyone would think that!!! ???
Ok...

I just noticed the f150 has cameras under the side mirrors and one pic of the center screen showed an overhead camera trickery view.
It's had that feature since 2015. Very handy with the overhead view. The larger center screen will only make it better.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the new Bronco does indeed have a swing gate as we have already established, there will be something that will make tailgate lovers happy. That's all I'll say. Just don't be too upset about the lack of a traditional tailgate because Ford hasn't forgotten about you.
A Swing Gate w/Tire mounted to it Screams WRANGLER!!!!!!

I'd MUCH Prefer the spare to be on a Body/Frame Hinged Mount.

The Tailgate can be like the two way tailgate of the 70's era Ford station wagon which would do Both Swing like a gate AND fold down as a Tailgate.

The rear window could be basically the same as the EB and lift up.

I sure hope that FoMoCo can give me something that I'll be satisfied with. Because I want the Bronco to not Copy the Wrangler in any way that's not absolutely necessary.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok...

It's had that feature since 2015. Very handy with the overhead view. The larger center screen will only make it better.
I had an 18 Raptor with that and I hated it. The backup & 360 cameras side by side images are too small to be useful on an 8 inch screen. Even worse was it defaulted to that setting. You needed to press a button to get full backup camera. Pretty annoying adding an extra step to backing up.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had an 18 Raptor with that and I hated it. The backup & 360 cameras side by side images are too small to be useful on an 8 inch screen. Even worse was it defaulted to that setting. You needed to press a button to get full backup camera. Pretty annoying adding an extra step to backing up.
with the bigger screen and new better sync 4 it should be lots better!

Sponsored

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soon! Plus the drip feed will continue now that the F-150 reveal is done, so be patient and stay strong! We are almost there.
This site should be pretty poppin' on Thursday. ? ===??

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did anybody notice different proportions on the f150? Im not sure if the cab got taller for more head room or the bedsides got shorter to actually be able to use it? Any thoughts?

Sponsored

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anybody notice different proportions on the f150? Im not sure if the cab got taller for more head room or the bedsides got shorter to actually be able to use it? Any thoughts?
Specs are slightly different

2020 Specs
Ford Bronco 2021 F-150 Reveal LIVE THREAD Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 2.25.04 PM

2021 Specs.
Ford Bronco 2021 F-150 Reveal LIVE THREAD Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 2.23.08 PM

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right, but does that mean if you don’t pay $$ for the option....it just stays upright, and no desk? IMO a column shifter is out of the way, and frees up space in the center console....like my old escape had. :cool:
You probably just get a regular console lid that doesn't have the extra flip function.

In the 2020 Explorers with the tall thin screen it's even worse - they have this massive tall screen where they could stack the full backup camera and the 360 view on top of each other, and what do they do? They leave the same 8" display setup of the side by side and then below it a massive "sensor" view that just shows the top of the car and red yellow green proximity displays for the vehicle's sensors. So dumb.

Ford Bronco 2021 F-150 Reveal LIVE THREAD 1593386908713

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You probably just get a regular console lid that doesn't have the extra flip function.

In the 2020 Explorers with the tall thin screen it's even worse - they have this massive tall screen where they could stack the full backup camera and the 360 view on top of each other, and what do they do? They leave the same 8" display setup of the side by side and then below it a massive "sensor" view that just shows the top of the car and red yellow green proximity displays for the vehicle's sensors. So dumb.

That use of the screen real estate is absurd! You need half the screen for the proximity sensor display? ?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
That use of the screen real estate is absurd! You need half the screen for the proximity sensor display? ?
lucky one very good thing about over the air updates, they can be changed

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Typical software code reuse with minimal change budget allowed by management.

Second, software programmers trying to do the job of a GUI designer.
Sponsored