Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good looking truck. I would mind having a front end kit for my bronco. Those headlights look like the render I love! I could see this being cool!!

FB_IMG_1604629256510.jpg
Great render.... I wonder if this will be a future refresh? That would be cool to see.
Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would they have to run 4.10s w/ 35s? I have the 3.5EB on my f150, 10speed, 35s and live at 6k’ elevation and also regularly tow at 8k-11k elevation and dont run 4.10 or even 3.73. I can pass or keep up with anything but maybe a true sports car even while going up steep elevation gains. 40k+ miles, while averaging 18.1mpg. My daily commute is 57 miles round trip with speeds between 75-80mph.
Not a have to. I am speculating of course, but I just don't think that they would willingly deviate too far from their already accepted and tested range of total reduction combinations when it comes to matching powertrains. I get that your anecdotal experience is somewhat similar to mine (except I'm running 33s on 3.55s behind a 5.0L) in that we find the combinations acceptable for our towing requirements. I could be wrong, since there is already a wide range of combinations already available.

I also think that for something that is intended to be a truck with off road cred, they will default to wanting to give the perception of performance that shorter gears can give, and will not want to pair up larger tires with taller gears. That's just my gut instinct from observing how Ford approached these things...

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With no new Raptor currently available, Ford will sell every one of these they can build.
Yep and makes me wonder how long they will take to release the Gen3 Raptor...and will it have a V8....if it has an 8 cyl, that would be a reason to sell my Gen 2. Actually the only reason I would sell my gen 2.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, another black and orange haloween edition interior.

I want to like the new F150 but it's just so damn ugly. Those headlights and mirrors are just terrible.
It has also been the best selling American vehicle for like 40 years, so there's that.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dont know if anyone has mentioned this but is that 1,800 lb payload weak as hell? My ole comanche is 2,200lb even without the metric tonne package its 1,400lb. Seems weak to me.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dont know if anyone has mentioned this but is that 1,800 lb payload weak as hell? My ole comanche is 2,200lb even without the metric tonne package its 1,400lb. Seems weak to me.
There's a price to pay with this type of truck. The Raptor is even worse in this regard.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's still nearly 1-ton of payload in a "half-ton" class truck. Since off-road capability and payload are opposing requirements for suspension design, you have to expect give and take when you shift the balance. It isn't far off from the same wheelbase normal 4WD F-150, which could have up to 2080 lb payload (w/ 5.0L) in the outgoing model. Raptor, OTOH, is only rated for 1200 lb payload. So I'd say that this isn't too bad of a compromise.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, another black and orange haloween edition interior.

I want to like the new F150 but it's just so damn ugly. Those headlights and mirrors are just terrible.
It’s gorgeous.... what’s ugly is the new Silverado’s or even worse.... that got damn fishing concept obx or any non sasquatch obx.. OR anything in rapid red.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are some leaked dealer ordering system (I think) shots that are posted over in the F150gen14 forum. Link

Most exciting to me is the Color Code CN Code Orange. I'm not sure if that is available for the Tremor or if it is a Raptor only. I would love to see the Tremor in this color!
Sponsored