John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Bronco6g!

Nick here from Mishimoto! We're very excited to announce that our first of many products for the 6th gen Bronco is now available, and there's no place to start like protecting your engine for the long haul with our direct-fit baffled oil catch can kit!

BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN KIT, FITS FORD BRONCO 2.3L 2021+

NT6_6809.jpg

Our tried-and-true compact catch can design is ideal for protecting your 2.3L EcoBoost against the woes of carbon build-up over time due to the onslaught of blow-by. For those unfamiliar with the concept of blow-by and the effect it has on your engine overtime, here's a quick review as outlined in our engineering blog:

For those unfamiliar with the term ‘blow-by,’ make sure that you head over to our full-length technical article for the extended version of what it is and what it does to your engine. The short answer on both of those subjects is that blow-by is the side effect of internal combustion. During the engine’s power stroke, some of the gasses that propel the piston to the bottom of the cylinder will slip past the piston rings, which pressurize the crankcase. That pressure is relieved by recirculating air from the crankcase back through the intake system via the positive crankcase ventilation, or PCV, valve. In theory, it makes perfect sense and mostly works in practice as well...read more
To better protect your direct-injected, turbocharged off-roader we developed an application-specific catch can kit featuring:

• Direct fit for 2021+ Ford Bronco with 2.3L EcoBoost
  • Catch can captures blow-by, preventing it from fouling engine oil
  • Sturdy 2.7mm-thick steel brackets withstand rough roads and off-road abuse
  • Molded hoses specifically designed for the 2.3L EcoBoost PCV system
  • Direct-fit bracket mounts the catch can away from engine vibration
  • Protects intake valves from power-robbing carbon buildup
  • Pre-installed factory-style quick-disconnect fittings for clean installation
  • Filters and can are fully serviceable
  • Patent #US D884,760 S
  • Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
NT6_4365-scaled.jpg

Our kit is now available for sale, with a limited-time introductory pre-sale price. Act fast before this sale ends!

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Sponsored

BDSteelies

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Velocity Blue BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks this looks great, loving how compact it is! A couple of initial questions:

- How much of the total 3 fl oz capacity do you recommend consuming before emptying? Based on your prototype testing where you collected 15 ml over 1000 miles, seems like this would need emptying roughly every 5000 miles (depending on use/environment/etc)?

- Difficult to see exactly where it's mounted in the photos, assuming it's bolted to existing fastener locations along the firewall? Any photos pre-install showing the fasteners used?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just need to know if the 2.7 version will be out soon?
As I understand it the 2.7L has both port, and direct injection. So, there's no need for a catch can as the port injection will keep everything nice a clean. I guess that would also be contingent on the use of top tier fuel with cleaning additives. IMHO

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just ordered....(145155152) swag included in presale?😁

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just ordered....(145155152) swag included in presale?😁
i ordered also, what do you mean "swag included in presale"

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you order, sign up for an account to get points for your order and it will allow you to check status. i did not and the only way to get order status is to call. 1-877-466-4744. i posted the phone number for those of us old guys cant read 1-877-GOMISHI on our phones.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those of us who will be using a ford dealership for general maintenance would this catch can change how they need to perform oil changes or is the catch can totally passive and just needs to be emptied by me every 5k miles?

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i ordered also, what do you mean "swag included in presale"
Im just seeing if they may toss in some swag (beer koozies, pens, hats, etc). mostly just kidding.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello Bronco6g!

Nick here from Mishimoto! We're very excited to announce that our first of many products for the 6th gen Bronco is now available, and there's no place to start like protecting your engine for the long haul with our direct-fit baffled oil catch can kit!

Ford Bronco 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Catch Can Kit NT6_4365-scaled

Our tried-and-true compact catch can design is ideal for protecting your 2.3L EcoBoost against the woes of carbon build-up over time due to the onslaught of blow-by. For those unfamiliar with the concept of blow-by and the effect it has on your engine overtime, here's a quick review as outlined in our engineering blog:

To better protect your direct-injected, turbocharged off-roader we developed an application-specific catch can kit featuring:

• Direct fit for 2021+ Ford Bronco with 2.3L EcoBoost
  • Catch can captures blow-by, preventing it from fouling engine oil
  • Sturdy 2.7mm-thick steel brackets withstand rough roads and off-road abuse
  • Molded hoses specifically designed for the 2.3L EcoBoost PCV system
  • Direct-fit bracket mounts the catch can away from engine vibration
  • Protects intake valves from power-robbing carbon buildup
  • Pre-installed factory-style quick-disconnect fittings for clean installation
  • Filters and can are fully serviceable
  • Patent #US D884,760 S
  • Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Ford Bronco 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Catch Can Kit NT6_4365-scaled

Our kit is now available for sale, with a limited-time introductory pre-sale price. Act fast before this sale ends!

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Perfect! This is a fantastic item for the 2.3 engine. Personally I consider it a "must-have" item for my Bronco.

The GF has a '19 Ranger Lariat with the 2.3 and she didn't feel like doing this to her truck. (she want's to keep it 100% OEM)

So opinions differ and catch cans always have a debate around their usefulness. After having enough oil analysis done at Blackstone labs when racing a Mitsubishi Evo, blow-by is not your friend. So this will be going on my rig once it shows up!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of us who will be using a ford dealership for general maintenance would this catch can change how they need to perform oil changes or is the catch can totally passive and just needs to be emptied by me every 5k miles?
It is not totally passive, the catch can itself has to be emptied.

Some additional gotchas:
  • Most catch cans are illegal in the state of California due to CARB regulations.
  • It is not clear whether a catch can will impact your Ford factory warranty. My gut says that if you ever have an issue with your PCV system, any warranty claims related to that will definitely be denied. For other issues that likely don't have a direct relationship... you can probably get away with it.
As I understand it the 2.7L has both port, and direct injection. So, there's no need for a catch can as the port injection will keep everything nice a clean. I guess that would also be contingent on the use of top tier fuel with cleaning additives. IMHO
And oil changes... don't forget about the good ol' oil change.

Oil changes are probably a LOT more important than top tier fuel, honestly.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is not totally passive, the catch can itself has to be emptied.

Some additional gotchas:
  • Most catch cans are illegal in the state of California due to CARB regulations.
  • It is not clear whether a catch can will impact your Ford factory warranty. My gut says that if you ever have an issue with your PCV system, any warranty claims related to that will definitely be denied. For other issues that likely don't have a direct relationship... you can probably get away with it.

And oil changes... don't forget about the good ol' oil change.

Oil changes are probably a LOT more important than top tier fuel, honestly.
Both of those gotchas will prevent me from getting a catch can then. Thanks for the helpful info!
Sponsored