Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not disagreeing, I love a V8, but to be fair the current 3.5 EB 6 cylinder puts out more than double the horsepower and torque and trounces the V8 in fuel economy.

And, while subjective, I'd argue is more reliable and durable.

Eta - this is copied data and I believe the numbers then were measured gross number at the crankshaft. But...

gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 4727 cm3 / 288.5 cui, advertised power: 145.5 kW / 195 hp / 198 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 391 Nm / 288 lb-ft.

So, 17 second quarter mile, over 10 seconds 0-60 and average mid 12 miles per gallon.
Yes, my mechanic is also a friend and he has told me this repeatedly. I just like the v8. I did drive an ecoboost and it was pretty impressive.
Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, my mechanic is also a friend and he has told me this repeatedly. I just like the v8. I did drive an ecoboost and it was pretty impressive.
Same here. I love the v8, but theres absolutely no way I could disregard the ecoboost motors. Very impressive engine's for sure. I recently drove a 2.7 f150 crew cab 4x4. I was shocked at how responsive, and how quick it was for such a small displacement.

WCampbellAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been lurking for a long while. But if the painted roof options are sleek enough this thing is shaping up to be everything I wanted the Defender to be, except actually affordable.

As far as wanting a V8, maybe it's time Ford takes a page out of the Dodge book. They're ramming hellcat motors into anything with wheels....

Sponsored

ScalinoFever

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scalino
Your Bronco Model
Base
...this thing is shaping up to be everything I wanted the Defender to be...
Exactly why I'm here. I'm not a Ford guy, or even a big American manufacturer fan, but there really aren't any small(er), two-door, manual, fun 4x4s on the market, aside from Jeep, and I just don't want a Wrangler, as much as I like them.

New Bronco might just scratch my Defender/Series Land Rover desires, all while being more reliable, more affordable, and with far more creature comforts.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The wife already signed off on it so that's a BIG plus. lol
I showed my wife the revealed pictures and she said ā€œ it looks like a girly jeepā€. She hates wranglers. Maybe the higher level trims with bright colors will change her mind

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I showed my wife the revealed pictures and she said ā€œ it looks like a girly jeepā€. She hates wranglers. Maybe the higher level trims with bright colors will change her mind
Base/Standard Wranglers (all vehicles for that matter) look tame. This is a vehicle for enthusiasts and to be personalized. It should not remain stock for long :cool:

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed! 1B7F6CB7-47FD-4F37-8CB3-BA76FBDB65D2

Last edited:

Leden

Wildtrak
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry SE, 2016 Honda Pioneer 700-4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not disagreeing, I love a V8, but to be fair the current 3.5 EB 6 cylinder puts out more than double the horsepower and torque and trounces the V8 in fuel economy.

And, while subjective, I'd argue is more reliable and durable.

Eta - this is copied data and I believe the numbers then were measured gross number at the crankshaft. But...

gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 4727 cm3 / 288.5 cui, advertised power: 145.5 kW / 195 hp / 198 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 391 Nm / 288 lb-ft.

So, 17 second quarter mile, over 10 seconds 0-60 and average mid 12 miles per gallon.
I'm sorry, WHAT?

Where did you pull that copy paste information? From the 1990-1993 Lincoln Town Car brochure when it featured the 4.6L Romeo / Windsor plant V8?

Wikipedia states

"A torque-biased variant of the Coyote is produced as an alternative to the EcoBoost V6 in the new F-150 pickup truck. The F-150 5.0L receives a lower compression ratio (10.5:1), intake camshafts with less duration, cast iron exhaust manifolds, and revised cylinder heads. The intake manifold changed only in color, with no change in size or shape. These changes promote low-end and mid-range power and torque. The engine retains the Coyote's forged steel crank and piston-cooling jets but benefits from the addition of an external engine oil cooler similar to the Boss 302's. The changes result in the engine's peak horsepower dropping to 385 hp (287 kW; 390 PS) at 5750 rpm, while torque is rated at 387 lbā‹…ft (525 Nā‹…m) at 3850 rpm.

For 2018, numerous revisions were made to the 5.0, most notably the adoption of a port and direct fuel injection system, as well as spray-on bore liner, eliminating the need for conventional cylinder liners (changes shared with the 2018 Mustang), and compression ratio is increased (12.0:1). Power and torque increased to 395 hp (295 kW; 400 PS) at 5750 rpm, while torque is rated at 400 lbā‹…ft (540 Nā‹…m) at 3850 rpm."

You literally have to ignore the last 25-30 years of Ford engine improvements to get numbers close to what you're quoting...

395HP and a torque rating of 400 lbā‹…ft in the F150 Coyote vs the 3.5L EcoBoost putting out 375HP and 470 lbā‹…ft is not a massive difference. When you start to compare the motors after mods and tuning it's honestly a preference discussion at that point.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sorry, WHAT?

Where did you pull that copy paste information? From the 1990-1993 Lincoln Town Car brochure when it featured the 4.6L Romeo / Windsor plant V8?

Wikipedia states

"A torque-biased variant of the Coyote is produced as an alternative to the EcoBoost V6 in the new F-150 pickup truck. The F-150 5.0L receives a lower compression ratio (10.5:1), intake camshafts with less duration, cast iron exhaust manifolds, and revised cylinder heads. The intake manifold changed only in color, with no change in size or shape. These changes promote low-end and mid-range power and torque. The engine retains the Coyote's forged steel crank and piston-cooling jets but benefits from the addition of an external engine oil cooler similar to the Boss 302's. The changes result in the engine's peak horsepower dropping to 385 hp (287 kW; 390 PS) at 5750 rpm, while torque is rated at 387 lbā‹…ft (525 Nā‹…m) at 3850 rpm.

For 2018, numerous revisions were made to the 5.0, most notably the adoption of a port and direct fuel injection system, as well as spray-on bore liner, eliminating the need for conventional cylinder liners (changes shared with the 2018 Mustang), and compression ratio is increased (12.0:1). Power and torque increased to 395 hp (295 kW; 400 PS) at 5750 rpm, while torque is rated at 400 lbā‹…ft (540 Nā‹…m) at 3850 rpm."

You literally have to ignore the last 25-30 years of Ford engine improvements to get numbers close to what you're quoting...

395HP and a torque rating of 400 lbā‹…ft in the F150 Coyote vs the 3.5L EcoBoost putting out 375HP and 470 lbā‹…ft is not a massive difference. When you start to compare the motors after mods and tuning it's honestly a preference discussion at that point.
I think he found numbers for the original coyote

Sponsored

Hydro556

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sorry, WHAT?

Wikipedia states

Lol. Shocking that the numbers themselves didn't give it away. I'm pulling it from the first gen Bronco V8. You know, the vehicle that we're all so excited to see revived.

Sounds like you're all lathered up waiting on the OJ Bronco?

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope someone from inside would chime in and tell me no.

I received a piece of news that Iā€™m not sure is true or not. But I heard that there was no mention of a Raptor version upon initial release. Similar to how most auto launches go they give most of the versions and save the crazy one for the next year based on sales. If this is in fact true, does that mean weā€™ll have to wait till 2022?!

Also, the version with the bead-lock capable wheels will be an ā€œSTā€ style trim level.

To add further speculation, Car and Driver said two things that stood out.

ā€œ Ford's beadlock-capable wheels, and a beefy front bumper indicate to us that this is likely a similar trim to that of the Wrangler Rubicon, the name of which we're unsure, but perhaps it would wear a Tremor badge.ā€

and lastly...
ā€œWe expect the base engine to be a turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder, with the twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 as a strong upgrade for those seeking more power. However, that's not to say that Ford won't offer a larger, more powerful engine for it in the future *cough* Bronco Raptor.ā€

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope someone from inside would chime in and tell me no.

I received a piece of news that Iā€™m not sure is true or not. But I heard that there was no mention of a Raptor version upon initial release. Similar to how most auto launches go they give most of the versions and save the crazy one for the next year based on sales. If this is in fact true, does that mean weā€™ll have to wait till 2022?!

Also, the version with the bead-lock capable wheels will be an ā€œSTā€ style trim level.

To add further speculation, Car and Driver said two things that stood out.

ā€œ Ford's beadlock-capable wheels, and a beefy front bumper indicate to us that this is likely a similar trim to that of the Wrangler Rubicon, the name of which we're unsure, but perhaps it would wear a Tremor badge.ā€

and lastly...
ā€œWe expect the base engine to be a turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder, with the twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 as a strong upgrade for those seeking more power. However, that's not to say that Ford won't offer a larger, more powerful engine for it in the future *cough* Bronco Raptor.ā€
ST is usually reserved for driving focused trims. Speed and handling. Not off-road. Hard to imagine them naming it that. Tremor makes more sense

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ST is usually reserved for driving focused trims. Speed and handling. Not off-road. Hard to imagine them naming it that. Tremor makes more sense
Thanks for clearing that up!

I shouldā€™ve made myself clearer and mentioned that I was using the ā€œSTā€ analogically in regards to the possible trims offered for the Bronco. Iā€™m not well versed in the truck trims but hereā€™s how I see it.

ST- Tremor
RS- Raptor

what Iā€™m trying to say is that I want the most bad ass one you can buy!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After having my edge sport(st)'s 2.7 Eb w/roush tune... I can see why they don't put that twin turbo in the mustang....

I would have no prob with it in my bronco.
Sponsored