Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hope your right but I believe your being overly optimistic. Every single new vehicle has its own unique design elements and parts (any maybe a few shared ones). Every single new vehicle has its own unique challenges, it's own drama, the question is not a matter of when issues will arise but what issues arise and how fast, honest and open Ford reacts to them.
Just because the Explorer/Aviator was an exceptional Shit show of a launch doesn't mean really anything when comparing it to other products and most of the issues have been sorted.

Keep in mind that since the Explorer launched, the following products came out without any issues:

2020 Escape
2020 Corsair
2020 Super Duty

2021 Mustang Mach E is just starting to gear up for an EU launch in a few months

And not one peep of problems from any of them. They where major updates of existing products, much like the Bronco will be.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope your right but I believe your being overly optimistic. Every single new vehicle has its own unique design elements and parts (any maybe a few shared ones). Every single new vehicle has its own unique challenges, it's own drama, the question is not a matter of when issues will arise but what issues arise and how fast, honest and open Ford reacts to them.
Using the fairly recent Jeep Wrangler JL rollout as an example, I recall these were a few of the early issues:

1) Frame weld issue. Some frames had ugly/penetration issues with the frame welds. I think this was addressed via a recall.
2) Sloppy steering. Jeep introduced a new electric steering system with the JL, and there have been complaints about road wander and too much play in the steering. I think a change was made to the steering box in an attempt to address, but some owners still complain.
3) Water leaks and noise. Hey it's a Jeep, lol.

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmmm. I don't know about the proportions on the two-door. The back half of it seems about 6 inches too short. (assuming it's even based in reality or close)

kbexperience

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmmm. I don't know about the proportions on the two-door. The back half of it seems about 6 inches too short. (assuming it's even based in reality or close)
I believe we came to a consensus that it looks funky due to the weird angle, and the fact that a fisheye lens was used to take the picture.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

PHX396

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Lightning, 1967 Chevelle SS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They both look great imo and you have best of both worlds. Glad they decided to make the two door and not just the four door but for people with kids I can see the four door being the go to. Showed my wife and she really likes them already. I know everyone says no but really hoping for a 5.0 in these

D20

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor
I've seen the paint colors and i like the fighter jet grey but I hope they have a olive greenish color.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Scotty is an honest dude. The next lines of his post were, “ and they should fire me, or at least lock me up. If they took away my pension it’s because I deserved it. I just couldn’t take the pineapple pizza talk anymore.”
SEE?

I started that.

You can all thank me right meow.

Sponsored

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've seen the paint colors and i like the fighter jet grey but I hope they have a olive greenish color.
Do you know if Magnetic grey is in the paint offerings?

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I've read, the launch of the Explorer was just a shitshow compounded by all the changes in the plant to launch it.

The Bronco is going to be drama free since its based on a existing product and has squared away leadership at the plant level.
That was my understanding too. Essentially, the rushed nature of the upgraded facillity and the rush to get it to market cause some things to be neglected. From what I have been told, they have addressed 99% of the issues and are improving the quality checks daily. They need to work on fit and finish on the interior now.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just because the Explorer/Aviator was an exceptional Shit show of a launch doesn't mean really anything when comparing it to other products and most of the issues have been sorted.

Keep in mind that since the Explorer launched, the following products came out without any issues:

2020 Escape
2020 Corsair
2020 Super Duty

2021 Mustang Mach E is just starting to gear up for an EU launch in a few months

And not one peep of problems from any of them. They where major updates of existing products, much like the Bronco will be.

Maybe not one peep of problems from a manufacturing standpoint NOW at this point in the game. However Ford’s QC has been horrible the last few years and by recent news reports that’s obvious by the extensive amount of Warranty Claims that Ford is trying to now control... go onto ANY Ford product forum of new vehicles (2015-current) and review all of the QC issues - they’re plastered everywhere.

Sure, a forum is only an small segment of owners who are joining or posting - BUT if those owners have QC issues, you know the population outside of the forum is or could be having similar issues whether it’s QC or warranty related.

Be sure to save your post and then post the same in the future threads that surface from new Bronco owners who will complain of QC issues or seek Buy Backs due to XYZ unresolved warranty repairs - it’s not if, it’s when it will happen.

Not downplaying the Bronco’s debut or future success at all - just saying, it’s not going to be the quintessential blessed mass produced vehicle without flaws just because it’s a Bronco. If Ford levels the line folks who don’t give a damn as well as the Line Mgrs that aren’t catching major defects or QC issues rolling out the door into the lot and then being delivered - then those issues persist, year after year.

BTW - hit up explorerforum.com in the 2020 section - new owners taking delivery of new vehicles that have a multitude of issues... So again, QC is lacking and doesn’t always mean hiring cheaper sub-contractors and suppliers is the answer to producing what is supposed to be a quality product from a 100+yr old company - regardless if the platform exists, regardless if the assembly line or tooling is new or ages old.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What if ford has been screwing with us and it goes into production and available in just a couple months? Or like when the mustang first came out and was available immediately. I'd poo bricks trying to figure out a down payment lol. I have a feeling once it does hit dealers, its going to be hard to find one they will sell so fast. At least for the first few months.
Impossible. In the modern age that would be impossible to hide.
Sponsored