Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
new owners taking delivery of new vehicles that have a multitude of issues...
I'd guess one of the culprits here is our "full employment economy", where you hire basically ANYone and fire NO one. This is a universal problem throughout our economy today.
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the horseshoe headlights remind me of the calgary stampede a little...

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear ya. It's just that the perspective and wide angle lens distortion from the photo, makes the front appear significantly longer than the back. Both red lines below are same length, and I don't think the back end of the Bronco is that much shorter than the front. The camo version, even if the bumper accounts for some of that length, still seem more even front/back. But we'll soon see ...

1583802559871.png

Side view appears more similar in length front to back:
1583802837531.png
Here is an example of two pictures of my Jeep taken back to back to show the same thing. While the second one may not show much more behind the fender, there is obviously more than what the first one depicts.

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed! 1583855101393

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed! 1583855161269

Sponsored

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Using the fairly recent Jeep Wrangler JL rollout as an example, I recall these were a few of the early issues:

1) Frame weld issue. Some frames had ugly/penetration issues with the frame welds. I think this was addressed via a recall.
2) Sloppy steering. Jeep introduced a new electric steering system with the JL, and there have been complaints about road wander and too much play in the steering. I think a change was made to the steering box in an attempt to address, but some owners still complain.
3) Water leaks and noise. Hey it's a Jeep, lol.
As someone who had their 2018 bought back due to the frame welds, their 2019 bought back due to steering issues, and their 2020 having a recall due to front axle lower control arm mount missing a weld I can attest to a perceived lack of QC with the JL lol. I have been counting down the days until the Bronco was out. If it meets my needs my 2020 will be traded or sold for the Bronco for sure. I will admit my 2020 has been trouble free except for the LCA issue, but that is no big deal at all and does not concern me.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

go onto ANY Ford product forum of new vehicles (2015-current) and review all of the QC issues - they’re plastered everywhere.
My 2018 F150 2.7EB has been perfect, not a single issue. Granted it only has 25k miles, but so far I absolutely love it.. I must be one of the lucky ones.

ScalinoFever

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scalino
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is an example of two pictures of my Jeep taken back to back to show the same thing. While the second one may not show much more behind the fender, there is obviously more than what the first one depicts.
Exactly what I was suspecting. The two-door design buck photo is taken from a very odd angle, skewing the proportions. This is shaping up to be everything I was hoping the new Defender would be. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in the new Defender. Overall, it's too soft and the windshield is far too raked in profile, whereas the new Bronco has a nice classic upright angle.

I'm not a Bronco guy, or even a Ford/American car fan generally, but this is the most excited I've been for a new vehicle since the Honda S2000. I have always liked Jeeps, but the Jeep culture is so... off-putting, to say it with tact. I've never had nor needed an off-roader, but I am very much looking forward to buying a two-door, manual, 4x4, with retro minimalistic two-box styling.

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly what I was suspecting. The two-door design buck photo is taken from a very odd angle, skewing the proportions. This is shaping up to be everything I was hoping the new Defender would be. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in the new Defender. Overall, it's too soft and the windshield is far too raked in profile, whereas the new Bronco has a nice classic upright angle.

I'm not a Bronco guy, or even a Ford/American car fan generally, but this is the most excited I've been for a new vehicle since the Honda S2000. I have always liked Jeeps, but the Jeep culture is so... off-putting, to say it with tact. I've never had nor needed an off-roader, but I am very much looking forward to buying a two-door, manual, 4x4, with retro minimalistic two-box styling.
I am actually surprised at the Jeep culture. It is very much 50/50, some are fine, but some are horrible.
There is a Facebook group for Off-road, called AZ Jeepers. A member recently sold their jeep and bought a 4Runner, people are telling them to leave the group as it is called "jeepers" for a reason. To me that's bs, and an off-road group should be open to any. Same for how people without wranglers are looked down on, or depending on the year of your wrangler you are looked at different.y. To me it's about capability and having fun. Who cares how you get there as far as brand or model.

kbexperience

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe not one peep of problems from a manufacturing standpoint NOW at this point in the game. However Ford’s QC has been horrible the last few years and by recent news reports that’s obvious by the extensive amount of Warranty Claims that Ford is trying to now control... go onto ANY Ford product forum of new vehicles (2015-current) and review all of the QC issues - they’re plastered everywhere.

Sure, a forum is only an small segment of owners who are joining or posting - BUT if those owners have QC issues, you know the population outside of the forum is or could be having similar issues whether it’s QC or warranty related.

Be sure to save your post and then post the same in the future threads that surface from new Bronco owners who will complain of QC issues or seek Buy Backs due to XYZ unresolved warranty repairs - it’s not if, it’s when it will happen.

Not downplaying the Bronco’s debut or future success at all - just saying, it’s not going to be the quintessential blessed mass produced vehicle without flaws just because it’s a Bronco. If Ford levels the line folks who don’t give a damn as well as the Line Mgrs that aren’t catching major defects or QC issues rolling out the door into the lot and then being delivered - then those issues persist, year after year.

BTW - hit up explorerforum.com in the 2020 section - new owners taking delivery of new vehicles that have a multitude of issues... So again, QC is lacking and doesn’t always mean hiring cheaper sub-contractors and suppliers is the answer to producing what is supposed to be a quality product from a 100+yr old company - regardless if the platform exists, regardless if the assembly line or tooling is new or ages old.

While some vehicles may have issues, you have to remember that Ford sells MILLIONS of vehicles every year. I've had 3 F150s, and two mustangs, and have never had any major issues. The vast majority of them do not have issues for 100k+ miles. The things about forums is, it is a vocal minority. When someone has an issue with their vehicle, they go and bitch on a forum, whereas a regular person who just drives their truck every day with no issues would probably never go on a forum. (the 2020 Explorer being the exception, because that launch was definitely botched, and Ford shipped out thousands of explorers with major issues. So much so, that at one point they were being moved from one factory to another to fix issues.)

Sponsored

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While some vehicles may have issues, you have to remember that Ford sells MILLIONS of vehicles every year. I've had 3 F150s, and two mustangs, and have never had any major issues. The vast majority of them do not have issues for 100k+ miles. The things about forums is, it is a vocal minority. When someone has an issue with their vehicle, they go and bitch on a forum, whereas a regular person who just drives their truck every day with no issues would probably never go on a forum. (the 2020 Explorer being the exception, because that launch was definitely botched, and Ford shipped out thousands of explorers with major issues. So much so, that at one point they were being moved from one factory to another to fix issues.)
Did you ever notice that when you do a good job for someone, they might tell someone else? And when you do a bad job for someone, they tell everybody. The only exception is if someone makes you a really good pineapple pizza.

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am actually surprised at the Jeep culture. It is very much 50/50, some are fine, but some are horrible.
There is a Facebook group for Off-road, called AZ Jeepers. A member recently sold their jeep and bought a 4Runner, people are telling them to leave the group as it is called "jeepers" for a reason. To me that's bs, and an off-road group should be open to any. Same for how people without wranglers are looked down on, or depending on the year of your wrangler you are looked at different.y. To me it's about capability and having fun. Who cares how you get there as far as brand or model.
The club here is called Louisiana 4x4 precisely for that reason. Granted, almost everyone in it has a Jeep but we have had members with all kinds of other models at various points. I don't have any intention to buy a new Bronco but I am interested in it, which is why I am here. I have wheeled with Broncos, Scouts, H3s, Mercedes, Durangos, FJs, 4Runners, Samurais, etc... and anyone else that wants to bring a 4x4 out to the trails so I guess I am only somewhat of a Jeep snob?

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, the side profile of that 2-door is amazing and I really hope that it's real. If you could get the 2-door with the NA 5 liter OH MAN, perfection. I really hope Ford doesn't screw up badly and only offer the 2.3L.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, the side profile of that 2-door is amazing and I really hope that it's real. If you could get the 2-door with the NA 5 liter OH MAN, perfection. I really hope Ford doesn't screw up badly and only offer the 2.3L.
5.0 is unlikely, but how's the 2.7TT sound to you?
Sponsored