Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look at the pic...That tailgate/swinggate is open and it is short. There's no way a window fits in there unless it's a Camaro-sized window. Most likely, the window is going to be attached to the top.
I'm not 100% sure about that. I think you're probably right that it won't roll down, but looking at the pic:
1583863671073.png

The tailgate could fit a window the size of the rear side windows in it I'm pretty sure. It's not as short as it first looks, the angle of the photo and the light color makes it look smaller.

EDIT: Went back and looked at the forbidden BroncoKong pics that give a better look at the rear. I'm still pretty sure a window could fit in that tailgate, it's about the same height as the door from the bottom character line up
I was going to say just this - it's not THAT short. It looks like it could possibly fit one.
Sponsored

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was going to say just this - it's not THAT short. It looks like it could possibly fit one.
maybe if we keep talking about this, someone who has seen the thing will chime in. This is one of the biggest things in hoping for.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like it could be made to fit. But, I dont see any black seal like you would expect. Not gonna keep my hopes up for that one. This thing is still awesome though.

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not 100% sure about that. I think you're probably right that it won't roll down, but looking at the pic:
1583863671073.png

The tailgate could fit a window the size of the rear side windows in it I'm pretty sure. It's not as short as it first looks, the angle of the photo and the light color makes it look smaller.

EDIT: Went back and looked at the forbidden BroncoKong pics that give a better look at the rear. I'm still pretty sure a window could fit in that tailgate, it's about the same height as the door from the bottom character line up
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed! 7afbbc7b29c8d07800d11eccbfe9a4e6

Those rectangles on the tailgate look like panel vents to me (and happen to be located in the same spot behind the rear mounted spare on a Jeep). I suppose it would be possible to have the glass and the vents in the same door, but I dont think I've seen that setup before. It would be an awesome feature though, especially when it comes to removing the top.

Sponsored

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am actually surprised at the Jeep culture. It is very much 50/50, some are fine, but some are horrible.
There is a Facebook group for Off-road, called AZ Jeepers. A member recently sold their jeep and bought a 4Runner, people are telling them to leave the group as it is called "jeepers" for a reason. To me that's bs, and an off-road group should be open to any. Same for how people without wranglers are looked down on, or depending on the year of your wrangler you are looked at different.y. To me it's about capability and having fun. Who cares how you get there as far as brand or model.
Unfortunately it will happen within the Bronco group as well. Cannot change some peoples human nature.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Key question. A rear window that rolls down into the tailgate could be a nice feature, not having to deal with removal/storage of the window when top is down. I could not tell from the photos if that feature is implemented.
Look at the pic...That tailgate/swinggate is open and it is short. There's no way a window fits in there unless it's a Camaro-sized window. Most likely, the window is going to be attached to the top.
I thought one of the pics actually had it up, I'll have to look again later. Anyway, the angle of the door relative to the window, and the thickness of the door combined make it seem unlikely it will roll down.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought one of the pics actually had it up, I'll have to look again later. Anyway, the angle of the door relative to the window, and the thickness of the door combined make it seem unlikely it will roll down.
the FSB tailgate and window were very different angles.

Aisus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm someone who LOVES the FJ Cruiser. I haven't gotten one for a few reasons (1) Horrible mpg - I want a daily driver so looking for mid 20s highway (2) Price is stupidly high for what they are (3) Old tech

I was looking at getting the 2-door bronco before these leaked pics because I'm single and don't need the extra room (have a truck for that), but unless the 2-door gets some amazing trim level I'll probably get a 4-door.

This is assuming they can get mid 20s mpg (Renegade is getting this so I'm hoping Ford can pull this off) and I can get a nicely decked out Bronco for under $45k.

Sponsored

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm someone who LOVES the FJ Cruiser. I haven't gotten one for a few reasons (1) Horrible mpg - I want a daily driver so looking for mid 20s highway (2) Price is stupidly high for what they are (3) Old tech

I was looking at getting the 2-door bronco before these leaked pics because I'm single and don't need the extra room (have a truck for that), but unless the 2-door gets some amazing trim level I'll probably get a 4-door.

This is assuming they can get mid 20s mpg (Renegade is getting this so I'm hoping Ford can pull this off) and I can get a nicely decked out Bronco for under $45k.
the 2.7 in the f150 is rated at 25 mpg highway, and the 2.3 in the ranger is 24-26, so I would assume, 20 should be a good bet.

Fordtech814

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 mustang gt B7 pt code
Haha funny we all were speculating that it would happen 6/9/2020 but that's before the March reveal. Haha should came here and said this eailer
I always visited Bronco 6g for the comments. I never signed up until last night and I only did it because I couldn't believe no one else decoded 2069 Easter egg. They specifically say it's OFFICIALLY COMING THIS SPRING. BUT I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THIS WASN'T PLANNED.

Last edited:

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands