Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco Badlands (4-door) vs Geländewagen (G-Wagon)

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't they have similar off road capabilities?
Depends on the trims....

Is an AMG G 63 SUV equal to the base model 4-door Bronco (no lockers)? No. Hell no.

What about a 2-door Badlands with the sasquatch package vs the G 550 SUV? Honestly, the 2-door badlands w/ sasquatch might be more capable offroad than the G-550, sure BUT the G 550 has a freaking 4.0L V8 Biturbo engine with 416hp and 450lb-ft of torque. It also starts at $130,900 and has crazy comfortable luxury features.

Honestly, they're very different vehicles.

If you truly have at least $130,900 to spend I'd recommend getting the 2-door badlands with the 2.7 and the sasquatch package and then using like $40,000 to upgrade the hell out of the Bronco and you'd be able to drive that thing to Mars while saving some cash too.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They're somewhat similar, take the Bronco 2 door out of the mix and they're similar size, shape, both good off road. I think the g wagon was redesigned in 19'. I'd say get a used 19' g wagon, the motors, overall quality, finish, and on road handling of the g wagon would be much better. The top off road models of the Bronco would probably be better off road than any g wagon, if that's a priority. A used 19' g wagon would also have a good amount of the depreciation already done.

Sponsored

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could afford it I would get the G-Wagon in a second. Good offroader, Built like a tank, Luxury Interior, Looks good in rap videos. For Country videos, go with the Bronco.

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4-DR Bronco - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What does cross-shopping mean?
Deciding to buy one vehicle versus another. He's saying that he didn't expect someone would be choosing between a Bronco and a G-Wagon because of the massive price difference.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m starting to sound old (33), but working at a Merc Dealership, I absolutely loved the G-Wagon (and of course anything 63). Just closing the doors sounded like you were getting out of an armored tank.

big v8. Basically 3 colors...black, silver, white.., with black probably accounting for 50% of the G’s. That vehicle’s ownership is based solely on what places you want a Valet to go off-roading.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do people actually off road a brand new g-wagon and take them to the rubicon or moab?

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I wish I had that dilemma. I would go G wagon all the way!!! The looks you will get off roading that thing would be priceless!!

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen two of them off road - one on Imogene Pass, and one on Ophir pass. Both looked stock, with the exception of proper off-road tires. My wife wants me to get one so that she can have my Jeep. I told her that she can get a new Bronco.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am so hyped about the Ford Bronco. I am looking at the Badlands Trim. However, I am also looking at the Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon as well.

My question to you is, which will provide better capability and overall fun? Thanks!
My man. We're over here complaining about the $1,900 hard top and you're shopping for a g wagon. Our "lux" package is an extra speaker and a f***** garage opener.

Lol I kid. If luxury isn't a priority, I say kit out a loaded badlands and have fun on trails with more peace of mind.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new generation G has some hiccups with windshields apparently. Most of the off roaders I’ve seen are not the newest ones.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys, what’s better a hamburger or Kobe steaks for a year?
Sponsored