First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My break in will be just like I do on my race motors. Warm up, drive it hard, accel and decel varying RPM and get everything seated in quickly. Best way IMHO. Has worked very well for me.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why? After doing my own trials on vehicles one in which I really didn't care 4.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee that got the oil changed once a year/every 16k miles ... yeah you read that right 😆

And a 2.5 turbo Forester that got it changed twice a year/every 8k miles I find it redundant to change oil that often.

As long as the oil is below 250 degrees for the majority of its lifespan it should last longer than most would assume. I spend a fair amount of time at work analyzing oil temps and thermal breakdown of oils.
my racing background and its not soo much the oil life, its the containments' roaming around in a new engine.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my commute is only 40mi a week..... 💀
guess i'm not getting my bronco delivered! gonna need that 300mi drive home

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my racing background and its not soo much the oil life, its the containments' roaming around in a new engine.
This is just a can of worms ... modern machining is not that of years past. Most manufactures put in a low viscosity oil and recommend extended intervals from even 10-15 years ago. Put most first oil change intervals at that 5-10k mile point. Why would they recommend that if they had any thought that it would lessen the life of the motor and cause a warranty situation?

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang 😞 Drive home from Granger isn’t 1000 miles, there’s goes drag racing for the last few hours.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealership is 16 miles away. So, the first day will be a total of 32 miles. Personally, I pay attention to the warranty before the owners manual.
So you're going to drive the Bronco home then back to the dealers to park it? Man, you need to get a garage... ;)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My break in will be just like I do on my race motors. Warm up, drive it hard, accel and decel varying RPM and get everything seated in quickly. Best way IMHO. Has worked very well for me.
I've done this on a new motorcycle and had no problems but I can't say if it had any positive effects either. Other than my grinning while hooning around...

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is just a can of worms ... modern machining is not that of years past. Most manufactures put in a low viscosity oil and recommend extended intervals from even 10-15 years ago. Put most first oil change intervals at that 5-10k mile point. Why would they recommend that if they had any thought that it would lessen the life of the motor and cause a warranty situation?
I see these type of arguments all the time, its my personal preference based on experience. I have seen plenty of can of worms out of newer stuff. Like I said its been working for me so if I want to burn some more dollars so be it.

SaudiBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I got my new Infiniti G37, I drove 120 mph the next day. When I get my bronco, I will take it to the desert right away.
I've been waiting for it for months, and they want me to stay out of it for a few more days. Hell no 😅
Sponsored