Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would suggest at least trying the backroads the first 250-500 miles, keep within the recommended rpm and speed the entire time, and put a piece of tape over the cruise control switch to block it out and remind you to vary your speed. Make frequent stops to explore.
Would help to know what these are, ā€œā€¦keep within the recommended rpm and speedā€¦ā€
Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ohhhhh man!

That last 86 miles home is gonna be a real hoot!

0065A461-4E50-4086-9F8D-29F6A135FF98.jpeg
Drives 1000 miles.
Stops.
G.O.A.T. mode change.
Traction control disabled.

"In the name of science I shall now give it the beans."

Smile and laugh for the next 86 miles.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a serious questionā€¦

ā€œOr what?ā€

What would happen if, say you drive the first 1000 miles mostly on highway?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
pulls over at 1000, puts in park, looks at GOAT mode selector.... #SENDSIT
I don't picture a pullover. I picture an alarm bell going off, the guy turning the GOAT selector, and just veering off the highway into creation doing 80.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just follow the suggestions made by Ford Engineers and FFS avoid listening to DeVry University graduates ... :rolleyes:
Lot of armchair experts in here that know nothing about engines are saying to screw the rules, but will be the first people to say "FORD SUCKS! I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER ONE!" when they have trouble down the road.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pulls over at 1000, puts in park, looks at GOAT mode selector.... #SENDSIT
And @ZackDanger would be wearing this hat I got at a car show about 3 years back...stored it ever since, waiting on the chosen one to show up.

04E7E9F3-1614-4CFA-B376-103F0704304E.jpeg

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Would help to know what these are, ā€œā€¦keep within the recommended rpm and speedā€¦ā€
No. I read it before somewhere but I can't recall. I will be researching it before I take delivery for sure.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1000! As someone who works from home, and plans on only using this car as my 'weekender'... this could take me about a year! :LOL:

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is about 1,000 miles. So not sure if I can take backroads the whole time. But maybe I can just go a little slower in the right lane with the 18 wheelers.
Yeah right lane behind the 18s with cars and trucks merging in front of you all kicking up rocks on you the front of your hood and windshield, that won't piss you off at all lol

I give you about one tank of gas before you say screw it and move to the middle lane. After second set of gas you'll find a way into that left lane and say screw it ... I'm gonna be that guy going 65 in the left lane ... hahaha

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From BN:

Bronco Break-In Period

According to the ownerā€™s manual, the 2021 Bronco does require a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), Ford recommends you avoid driving at high speeds, braking heavy, shifting aggressively, or using your vehicle to tow. Although they do not elaborate, Ford goes on to say that during this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics. This ambiguous description provides a tremendous amount of leeway for the manufacture to explain any potential gremlins inherent in some new cars.
I live on an islands. You know how long it takes to rack up 1,000 miles? Probably 2 months. I'm not worried about high speeds, cause again to my first point, but hard breaking... now driving in Honolulu that gonna be a problem. Well that does it I'm getting that brush guard šŸ¤”. That way I can soft to medium break and use the car in front of me to stop the rest of the way šŸ˜

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah right lane behind the 18s with cars and trucks merging in front of you all kicking up rocks on you the front of your hood and windshield, that won't piss you off at all lol

I give you about one tank of gas before you say screw it and move to the middle lane. After second set of gas you'll find a way into that left lane and say screw it ... I'm gonna be that guy going 65 in the left lane ... hahaha
Youā€™re right, Iā€™m not patient enough for the right lane šŸ˜‚

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From BN:

Bronco Break-In Period

According to the ownerā€™s manual, the 2021 Bronco does require a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), Ford recommends you avoid driving at high speeds, braking heavy, shifting aggressively, or using your vehicle to tow. Although they do not elaborate, Ford goes on to say that during this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics. This ambiguous description provides a tremendous amount of leeway for the manufacture to explain any potential gremlins inherent in some new cars.
I am road tripping 2200 miles home. Picking up my little trailer at 500 miles. I will be doing the first 500 off the highway, stopping often at fun places, biggest ball of yarn, and things like that. Changing oil every 500 miles on the trip.
We are planning some serious overloading and camping in pretty awesome spots in the west all the way to the PNW!