Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Never had a factory-new vehicle. Does anyone know what goes into this special first-round blend? Some magic engine colostrum?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. Never had a factory-new vehicle. Does anyone know what goes into this special first-round blend? Some magic engine colostrum?
totally different manufacturer, but my last two new cars come with extra moly in the factory oil. Entire websites build on debating oil (just ask Bob) but some say that is the reason people shouldn't be rushing out to change their oil at some ridiculous low mileage like 500-1000 because you are dumping out those extra additives.

MB1

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '06 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Bronco just hit the ground today, going to pick it up tomorrow - road trip to the Grand Tetons Saturday. Guess I'll be keeping it under 80 on the Interstate.

Sponsored

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So what do they define as "high-speeds?" I have to pick up my Bronco at my dealership, and will be driving it across the country to get back home. Should I avoid highways entirely? Or just keep the speed under 70?
75mph is well within range and not “high speed”

Ts3794

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what do they define as "high-speeds?" I have to pick up my Bronco at my dealership, and will be driving it across the country to get back home. Should I avoid highways entirely? Or just keep the speed under 70?
do a around town, stop and go for awhile. vary speed, Maybe shift down a gear

no cruise control. Vary..

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is about 1,000 miles. So not sure if I can take backroads the whole time. But maybe I can just go a little slower in the right lane with the 18 wheelers.
My problem as well. NJ to Fla. Hoping to find a way that’s safe for it

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, it looks like that trip from Cincinnati to NJ will be fun. Normally I try to do it in one shot, but maybe I'll explore the back roads of America and make it a 2 day trip.

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have about a 500 mile trip. Splitting the trip into a couple days and taking the backroads I am. I believe there are recommended max rpms and speed, but I don’t recall what they are. I will have to come up with a game plan before delivery.
So I’m moving in a week and have to drive 4 hours. I’m only at 450 miles. Am I supposed to drive right at 70 on this drive?!

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone experience throttle issues at cold start up after warming up the Bronco? I've noticed that after a cold startup, the throttle "bucks" which forces me to disengage the clutch that ultimately stops the issue (it's hard to explain). It seems like it only occurs if I don't let it warm up properly (let's the rpms drop down to 800) before initial driving. I ran it by my sales rep, sales manager and the service dept, all of which have no idea. Also, it's not throwing any codes either.

With that, I'm hoping it's just a break in issue. I told the dealer I would reach out to them if it continues after 1k miles. I'm currently at 500 miles.

Any thoughts?

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is automatic 2.7. Cold start is smooth. Nothing that I've noticed even below freezing temps.

My drive home from dealer was 800 miles. Several cities with 50 mph, mountains, Interstate repairs with periods of 35 mph. Drove a long way at 70.

I thought about a break in period but figured it is mostly old timer talk. I'm an old timer.
Soooo I either broke it in just right or not??? Time maybe will tell.
Sponsored