Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco First Edition vs. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe: Four-Wheel-Drive Face-Off

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 Ford Bronco First Edition vs. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe: Four-Wheel-Drive Face-Off

Saw this article this morning and thought I share, I only have two comments that I think it should be a comparison should be between the Wildtrak and that the Tire comment is not really as big of deal as Scott is making out to be. I know a ton of guys here already plan on changing tires to fit their style of off-roading and in a true comparison that shouldn't be the deciding factor.

I'm curious to see what you guys think

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sure sounds like a jeep guy wrote that one...
Yeah, I'm going to take this review with a grain of salt since most of it goes completely against what a lot of the other reviews have been. What I got from this article was buy AT tires and you'll be fine.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep...I'm reading a line-by-line counter to all things people say are limitations in a Jeep. How in Tarnation can a reviewer suggest that Jeep's 1945-design steering feel and feedback is superior to IFS/Rack and Pinion? Hilarious. Why? Because physics is an actual thing.

Sponsored

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely written by someone who favors Wranglers. Felt like every positive thing he had to say about Bronco was downplayed and was only ahead by so much and he didnt even compare what Bronco excels at which is high speed desert running. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for posting. Sounds like if someone wants a larger touchscreen, get the Bronco. If someone wants a better off roader, better outward visibility, better performance, and better mpg's, get the Jeep.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really all I got from this, which is the first time I'm hearing it is - the tires actually suck? Like that's a real fudging problem lol

Reactions: Jdc

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a writer who wants attention and click throughs by going against the consensus in order create outrage by bronco fans and elation by jeep fans.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for posting. Sounds like if someone wants a larger touchscreen, get the Bronco. If someone wants a better off roader, better outward visibility, better performance, and better mpg's, get the Jeep.
Been there and done that. They quality has been bad for 5 decades. Jury is still out on the Bronco.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Motor Trend is actually “ Mopar Trend” these days. Practically the entire editorial staff is a Mopar fan. Their TV channel is basically a propaganda channel for Mopar. They posses zero legitimacy.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're hoping the Bronco's limitations off-road are offset by its on-road driving experience, it's a "no" there, too. Despite employing independent front suspension instead of the Wrangler's live front axle, the Bronco still wanders around on the highway like the Wrangler does, just not as bad
Everything in the review I could take as "well this guy is just a Jeep fan" but this line right here is so obviously false. Having driven both on highway this is such malarkey it's not even funny.

Edit: I'll add I actually like the Wrangler, and there is things I prefer about it over the Bronco... But how it drives at 70mph is not one of them lol.

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything in the review I could take as "well this guy is just a Jeep fan" but this line right here is so obviously false. Having driven both on highway this is such malarkey it's not even funny.
thanks for posting that snipped, shows me I don't have to read the article, as that is such hilarious nonsense, the rest can't be any better. My Bronco drives like on rails. I'm still amazed how well it handles on freeway and off.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read it and dont believe it. I cant help get the impression that Motortrend is biased. There are a few statements in there that are flatout incorrect.....and those extreme conditions where the Jeep may be more capable 80% of offroaders never get to experience.
Nothing will sway my opinion.....
Sponsored