Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco First Edition vs. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe: Four-Wheel-Drive Face-Off

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of this video review from a couple months ago where they preferred the Jeep as well.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mhhh, who cares what Scott Evans thinks.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep...I'm reading a line-by-line counter to all things people say are limitations in a Jeep. How in Tarnation can a reviewer suggest that Jeep's 1945-design steering feel and feedback is superior to IFS/Rack and Pinion? Hilarious. Why? Because physics is an actual thing.
Yeah I discredited this entire review when I read that. I test drove a number of JLU's in May 2020 before the Bronco was announced, and was able to test drive a Black Diamond 4 door 2 weeks ago and they were night and day different. I felt like I was fighting the Jeep on the highway the entire time, where at the Bronco was much easier. I'm not saying the Bronco is as well mannered on the highway other SUVs in its size class, but to say its about the same as a Jeep is just flat out wrong.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"If you're hoping the Bronco's limitations off-road are offset by its on-road driving experience, it's a "no" there, too. Despite employing independent front suspension instead of the Wrangler's live front axle, the Bronco still wanders around on the highway like the Wrangler does, just not as bad."

wut

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's possibly one of the most biased reviews, I only got part way through it to realize that too! If you've actually owned and driven plenty of Jeeps you would clearly realize how vast the difference is between SFA and IFS. Not to mention how much of a pig that 4XE is without any battery juice. Saying it's faster than a Bronco without electric charge is just plain lying or the author was referring to a non electrified Rubicon on 33s. Either way what a senseless article and only meant to appeal to people either in love/married to a Jeep or unable to get a Bronco. Sad.

Sponsored

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's motortrend. They have the most vanilla reviews so they don't upset the manufacturers that pay them to review their vehicles.
Fiat is their biggest advertiser...I'm only guessing this, but I saw Jeep and Ram truck and Dodge adds while reading this drivel....

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of you have hit the nail on the head about “Mopar Trend” - I just recently cancelled my subscription because of this. It is funny, that in previous Bronco reviews they praised it and stated the 0-60 time of 6.3-6.6 seconds (c&d included since sister publications), but somehow when comparing to a Jeep it is now 8+ seconds…. I noticed this on another smaller car sites as well. Foreign euro-trash Jeep is paying out the cash.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some of you have hit the nail on the head about “Mopar Trend” - I just recently cancelled my subscription because of this. It is funny, that in previous Bronco reviews they praised it and stated the 0-60 time of 6.3-6.6 seconds (c&d included since sister publications), but somehow when comparing to a Jeep it is now 8+ seconds…. I noticed this on another smaller car sites as well. Foreign euro-trash Jeep is paying out the cash.
that 4Xe is way quicker than the Bronco. Look for the fast Lane video.

for C&D to get that time they did a ton of messing with it that you would never want to do to a Vehicle you own and actually like. No one else is getting those numbers.
Sponsored

Last edited: