Badlands
First Name
Arthur
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2018 Volkswagen Golf R
Bronco
Badlands
Did anyone else notice that the 2 door has 4 gallons less fuel capacity than the 4 door? (About 19% less). That‘s significant. I had a 1973 Bronco so I know that “real Broncos have 2 doors” and all, but that’s important to know. I do a lot of overlanding so I’m going 4 door anyway, but it’s something to keep in mind. Range on trail will be affected.
Advertisement

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Bronco
Outer Banks
The mystery on length is the camera pole. It’s included. And the camera pole extends past all tire widths. So all configuration are the same length regardless of tire thickness.

BL maybe has an extra inch of length due to steel bumpers. I would expect the BD and FE to be the same, but they are not exclusively listed.

what else? Don’t see anything changed here.
-Looks like towing capacity suffers on heavier trims
-ford still forgot to include wildtrak 2.7 payload figures
-ford adjusted down the 2 door rear seat legroom by 0.6”. It not longer matches 4 door. This is probably just a marketing play and they found a ever so slightly different way to measure it for advertising purposes.
-most important (I don’t know if these numbers are different than before) but taller guys at the road show have been provided information from reps that you only lost 1” of headroom when the road show bronco is equipped with a hardtop. That ONLY true in the backseat. In the front seat where it matters you lose 2.5”

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Question on underbody protection: These specs detail underbody protection for various trims, good. There is no mention of Base, BB or OBX. I'm sure I saw somewhere 'bash plates' are on all trims, it's just a matter of how many and how tough. Anybody have info on the Base bash plates?

Smk9lvr

First Name
Gillian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Bronco
Undecided
Mid pkg has always been standard on BL, I also see the 110 AC has been bumped to 400 watts. And the 2.3 is confirmed as having vacuum boost brakes, which makes it much easier to add supplemental braking system.
I don’t believe mid package is standard, $1495.

Lilj4425

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Bronco
First Edition
Did anyone else notice that the 2 door has 4 gallons less fuel capacity than the 4 door? (About 19% less). That‘s significant. I had a 1973 Bronco so I know that “real Broncos have 2 doors” and all, but that’s important to know. I do a lot of overlanding so I’m going 4 door anyway, but it’s something to keep in mind. Range on trail will be affected.
Where have you been the past six months?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Zack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Is it because those trims share the same specs as ones that are already listed? (So like OB and BD is the same as BB, FE is the same as WT?)

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Bronco
Wildtrak
I like seeing the specs for the added roof rack on the four door, particularly with the wildtrak. Suggests that they are indeed going to release it at some point.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Auto Hold Brakes: Is this the hill start feature that prevents roll back when starting on a hill? I have a technique in the rocks to back out of throttle if I can't quite make an obstacle, let it roll back a bit and try again. I assume this will prevent that and require shifting to reverse?

Also interesting that 2.3 has vacuum assist brake and 2.7 has electric.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Bronco
First Edition
Auto Hold Brakes: Is this the hill start feature that prevents roll back when starting on a hill? I have a technique in the rocks to back out of throttle if I can't quite make an obstacle, let it roll back a bit and try again. I assume this will prevent that and require shifting to reverse?

It’s similar. It works on flat ground also yo won’t have to hold the pedal down.

D2dhanover

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Bronco
Badlands

The electric brake system is needed to be able to use trail turn assist as far as I’m aware.

Advertisement

Quake LED
Advertisement