Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty bad when not even the official forum of the Bronco that is owned by Ford knows what’s going on with this vehicle.
I was looking for some type of acknowledgment but nothing... it’s like the first video never happened.
Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does the title of the video say "Incorrect, do not post?"
Because Bronco Nation posted a video yesterday that they recalled and reposted because of an error. Updated video corrects the error about the Trail Turn Assist requiring the 2.7L, which was incorrect.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I’m way deep in a Friday night, but were folks expecting their rock crawler to tear up pavement? I wasn’t.
I was looking to avoid that bronze dash mostly. The swaybar is overkill for my level of noob.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Corrected video from Bronco Nation... I guess someone is listening:

Clarifies the misinformation about Trail Turn Assist requiring the 2.7L.
@Administrator can this be pinned to top of the thread since the old video says “INCORRECT“ now?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't imagine I would ever be bothered to change the drive mode. You can manually engage the lockers and the transfer case...this is completely useless.
If you are going with a manual transmission, having the GOAT system that adjusts the throttle actuation is annoying because it throws off your learned throttle/clutch coordination. I have a sports car with sports mode. It is meant to increase the throttle tip-in (makes it more aggressive) and change shift points for the automatic transmission. That's all fine, except I have the manual transmission version of the car, so while the sport mode increases the aggressiveness of throttle input, my left leg is calibrated to the normal throttle mode. You end up slipping the clutch and drive like a noob.

During trail riding, I can see this as problematic. Good clutch control is key to not breaking stuff or hitting stuff.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just edited the OP with the updated video.
Good to get the correct information up front to not confuse others. Of course, anyone that wasn't following this thread will be confused by the subsequent replies that were referencing the incorrect video.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can a person change goat modes on the fly, is there a speed limit you have to stay under? Are there safety features in place that won't allow shifting into 4H/L doing 60 on dry pavement...? Thanks for the info, sorry if it's posted on here somewhere but I could not find it in search.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can a person change goat modes on the fly, is there a speed limit you have to stay under? Are there safety features in place that won't allow shifting into 4H/L doing 60 on dry pavement...? Thanks for the info, sorry if it's posted on here somewhere but I could not find it in search.
Has to be I assume. I need to know this because my Boxer loves to ride shotgun with her paws on the center console. I can just imagine her dropping my bronco into 4 low on the highway. Hahaha

Sponsored

samanator

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the only thing different between a WT and a BL if you get Sasquatch and a 2.7 in both is the swaybar disconnect in the BL. Why can't we just ask Ford to include Sport in the BL? Seems like an oversight since all others have it. They have listened to some of the other requests, and it appears all of the rest of the things are there to allow it to work. Otherwise, make the MGV and wash out interior be available in the WT. Sand is just too hard to get out of the carpet and we live in wet bathing suits here. I want a BL more for the interior than the disconnect on the swaybar. This interior tied to the model is getting ridiculous. So here are two options to present to them. Technically the Swaybar disconnect should just be an option on other models and with it's inclusion Rock crawl should come with it if Sasquatch equipt. Make that three while adding Sport to all models. We're in delay anyway. Should be easy to code this since all the main work is done already.

Last edited:

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want custom GOAT mode(s) that I can select the different custom configurations. Configurations I might want are
  • Overland mode to maximize the range: eco engine/trans setting, swaybar disconnected and 4A
  • Sport Mode: Baja engine/trans mapping and 2WD or 4A
This could be like BMW's M modes where you can change the default settings and/or additional custom modes

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So cute turn a dial instead of another stick in the floor.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had to made yet another correction to BN this time on their video highlighting Bronco Sport. Bronco Nation stated in the video that Trail Control is for speeds less than 5 mph... come in Bronco Nation, get the facts straight that your sharing with the public.
Sponsored