Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like everyone can stop checking their emails.

2021 Ford Bronco Hardtop Customers Under Temporary Communications Blackout

https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2...mers-under-temporary-communications-blackout/

…the company has decided to put a temporary hold on automated communications regarding Ford Bronco hardtop models.

The reasoning behind this decision is due to production shifts related to the hardtops, which are now being better integrated into the overall production schedule since Ford is receiving them. This is a big deal because the automaker has been very clear about the struggles its hardtop supplier – Webasto – has faced. In its most recent email to order holders, Ford said that it is “investing millions of dollars to fix our roof supply issue,” but admitted, “that investment, unfortunately, won’t materialize overnight.” These automated communications will resume once the situation stabilizes.
Sponsored

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like everyone can stop checking their emails.

2021 Ford Bronco Hardtop Customers Under Temporary Communications Blackout

https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2...mers-under-temporary-communications-blackout/

…the company has decided to put a temporary hold on automated communications regarding Ford Bronco hardtop models.

The reasoning behind this decision is due to production shifts related to the hardtops, which are now being better integrated into the overall production schedule since Ford is receiving them. This is a big deal because the automaker has been very clear about the struggles its hardtop supplier – Webasto – has faced. In its most recent email to order holders, Ford said that it is “investing millions of dollars to fix our roof supply issue,” but admitted, “that investment, unfortunately, won’t materialize overnight.” These automated communications will resume once the situation stabilizes.
Thanks for posting, but ☹

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I read that it actually sounds like good news to me - we already knew hard tops was a problem, but they're being better integrated into scheduling.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Idk, sounds like a good move on their part to me. Continually giving bad news to the same customer multiple times is not a good strategy. Saying “we’re working on it, we’ll call you when it’s fixed” is much better from a corporate perspective.

PS wouldn’t be surprised if this includes the Ford Marketing CS line. Can only imagine the complaining if people find out they can’t call a 1-800 number every 36 hours to find out what their build date is.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As I read that it actually sounds like good news to me - we already knew hard tops was a problem, but they're being better integrated into scheduling.
That's how I read it as well. We shall see.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The emails will resume after the shuffling of schedules is complete. This is the official communication from Ford.

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco Hardtop Customers Under Temporary Communications Blackout 1624475989329
This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, customers usually receive their build dates ~45-60 days prior?

wth so, when will we all get build dates?

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been on phone calls today and over the last few weeks with vendors who are not able to produce molded case fuses, caulks, and other composite products due to shortages of resins and other materials. I haven't kept up with the webasto threads, but I wonder if that's part of the problem.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, customers usually receive their build dates ~45-60 days prior?

wth so, when will we all get build dates?
The July shutdowns and subsequent shuffling of schedule into August explains why there has not been new scheduling yet, current scheduling is extending into August. Should get some new scheduling next week.
Sponsored