Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok I need to get some help from all you out here! I have two reservations... both Outer Banks in both 2 and 4 door options. I’m striving for the retro 60’s look. Here’s my dilemma. I am extremely petite. I am maybe 4’11”, 110lbs . I am currently driving a 2020 Eacape Titanium trim. It is plenty of space for me as I have 2 small dogs and a college age kid. For those that have seen this in person....am I better off with a two door or 4 door ? I am an avid camper and buying kayaks this year. I only ask because they both look decent size and I am not comfortable in a large vehicle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Here’s my personal opinion, if you are not comfortable in a larger vehicle I would recommend the 174 inch two-door Bronco Which is 7 inches shorter than your 181 inch Ford Escape. As an old Eagle Scout who has camped a couple hundred times and I own a 19 foot Seda Glider kayak, I will be buying the two-door Bronco as I am positive it will work for everything I’ll need it for. And because I plan on getting the factory 2 inch lift above and beyond the Sasquatch package along with 37 inch tires even at 6 feet tall I’m going to install powered steps. Either Amp Research or Rock Slide Engineering will have options for the vertically challenged ?https://rockslideengineering.com/shop/
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Old design looks like MLOK system. Picatinny is old tech. MLOK is where it’s at in terms of mounting options.
We'll have to disagree. For the Bronco, I think the Picatinny rail is going to be better on the trail. A spoon is really old tech too, but it's perfect for me Lucky Charms.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok I need to get some help from all you out here! I have two reservations... both Outer Banks in both 2 and 4 door options. I’m striving for the retro 60’s look. Here’s my dilemma. I am extremely petite. I am maybe 4’11”, 110lbs . I am currently driving a 2020 Eacape Titanium trim. It is plenty of space for me as I have 2 small dogs and a college age kid. For those that have seen this in person....am I better off with a two door or 4 door ? I am an avid camper and buying kayaks this year. I only ask because they both look decent size and I am not comfortable in a large vehicle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Look for either Thule or Yakima to offer something like this for assisting you to get your kayaks up on top of the Broncos roof

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but the Outerbanks shown has the brown/gray (looks gray to me not black) interior colour, which I'm hopeful that it will be offered on the lower trim levels as well.

IMG_2405.JPG

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s my personal opinion, if you are not comfortable in a larger vehicle I would recommend the 174 inch two-door Bronco Which is 7 inches shorter than your 181 inch Ford Escape. As an old Eagle Scout who has camped a couple hundred times and I own a 19 foot Seda Glider kayak, I will be buying the two-door Bronco as I am positive it will work for everything I’ll need it for. And because I plan on getting the factory 2 inch lift above and beyond the Sasquatch package along with 37 inch tires even at 6 feet tall I’m going to install powered steps. Either Amp Research or Rock Slide Engineering will have options for the vertically challenged ?https://rockslideengineering.com/shop/
Thank you for the information! Much appreciated!!!

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have kids but don't like them all that much, so they can squeeze their asses in the back of my two door.
Grew up riding in the jump seats of small extended cab pickup trucks. Two actual back seats is luxury, though I'll probably remove mine.
It's because it's not a badlands! it go the sticker.... no sway bar disconnect also

It's probably a black diamond that got the badlands sticker,

if you look close in the video there is a button missing
It's a Badlands. If you zoom in on the picture on the first page of the buttons in the two door, the buttons are sway bar disconnect, front locker, rear locker. It's missing the trail turn assist button because it's a manual transmission.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Long and boring video
Some may find it useful? Just wanted to share

Trail Assist turn would have been the move there :)

Chief Keith

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget this 4Door is the soccer mom spec, and the 2 door has the rugged offroad accessories. I think this just tells me that sasquatching the 4 Door is more important than on the 2 door.
I don't know about soccer mom spec but I think I'm packaging either 4 door squatch or 2 door Badlands with the 33's.

Sponsored

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The rep confirmed that the bottom flips forward, the headrest flips back, and the seat back folds down
Maybe like my old Escape (needs vacuuming)

3DE174FA-99FB-4492-A0F9-58C7B8A049E4.jpeg

B527E958-F5EE-4E6A-BC1B-21EC0841CD03.jpeg

OP
OP
Aman

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My $.02 if you aren't going to be using the back seats often, a 2 door will be easier to maneuver in tight places and easier on the finances.

I live in the city so I'm only considering the 2 door as rear passengers are my dog and extremely rarely people.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look for either Thule or Yakima to offer something like this for assisting you to get your kayaks up on top of the Broncos roof
Anything for short people, wow... Meanwhile, all us persons of tall stature have back problems from public sinks that could double as urinals. :LOL:

This is how short people, my wife included, will get into my Bronco :p
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco Makes NYC Debut at NYSE (Aug 17) - Pics, Video, Q&A rope ladder
Sponsored