First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Straight from King. All parts used in our products are machined in house at our Garden Grove, California facility from billet alloy materials on precision equipment to exacting standards and hand assembled by our trained technicians.
Not anymore. All the components come from China. Assembled in the USA. Even their website is down. I wasn't told this, but personally I think they got bought out. That's why it's taking more than a year to get.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not anymore. All the components come from China. Assembled in the USA. Even their website is down. I wasn't told this, but personally I think they got bought out. That's why it's taking more than a year to get.
You couldn't be more wrong. Lead times are crazy right now. My company is in manufacturing many different commodities. Raw materials are in an extreme shortage. We are seeing 25-30 weeks from the mills to supply very basic raw materials (low carbon steels, aluminum, etc). Processes that we outsource such as plating and heat treating which normally take 3-5 days is now running 6-8 weeks. Normal lead time for us would be 4-6 weeks. Today that is well beyond 6 months. Everything manufactured in the USA. I can cut that lead time in half if we went offshore. Don't forget that your government is paying viable workers to stay home.

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You couldn't be more wrong. Lead times are crazy right now. My company is in manufacturing many different commodities. Raw materials are in an extreme shortage. We are seeing 25-30 weeks from the mills to supply very basic raw materials (low carbon steels, aluminum, etc). Processes that we outsource such as plating and heat treating which normally take 3-5 days is now running 6-8 weeks. Normal lead time for us would be 4-6 weeks. Today that is well beyond 6 months. Everything manufactured in the USA. I can cut that lead time in half if we went offshore. Don't forget that your government is paying viable workers to stay home.
Okay. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest. But my source is credible. That is all.
Sponsored