redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get it, for what you pay for a new vehicle it should be protected but I for one have gotten used to it over the years and just bust out the case of chassis paint and go to town. Every spring I put them on jack stands and pressure wash the underside and paint them again Helps keep that pesky shit at bay.

20200607_094702.jpg

20200607_163523.jpg

20200607_164141.jpg
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This! ........ Won't be an effective long term solution. Please note that I classify "long term" as longer than most (over 5 years, 15-20 years preferred). And the single best time to do an underbody seal is when a vehicle is brand new, not after 5-10 years of beating it around and having to strip off all the cheap junk you sprayed on there that didn't work.

Have mentioned this a few times on the Bronco forums, you're going to need a proper barrier and protectant which won't be rustoleum enamel.

While staying lower cost than Por-15 and providing excellent results that last, I would suggest Wurth high-build underseal spray.

https://www.autogeek.net/wuhibuunun.html
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford F-150 Owners Are Already Facing Rust, Corrosion Issues 41aXgoI8wjL._AC_[1]

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2003 f250 was coated from the factory with a black wax ,was great till it wore off

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford F-150 Owners Are Already Facing Rust, Corrosion Issues 1614732180832

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing new. My Raptor was delivered new with a rusty diff. Not an issue.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This! ........ Won't be an effective long term solution. Please note that I classify "long term" as longer than most (over 5 years, 15-20 years preferred). And the single best time to do an underbody seal is when a vehicle is brand new, not after 5-10 years of beating it around and having to strip off all the cheap junk you sprayed on there that didn't work.

Have mentioned this a few times on the Bronco forums, you're going to need a proper barrier and protectant which won't be rustoleum enamel.

While staying lower cost than Por-15 and providing excellent results that last, I would suggest Wurth high-build underseal spray.

https://www.autogeek.net/wuhibuunun.html
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford F-150 Owners Are Already Facing Rust, Corrosion Issues 1614732180832

will that survive the temps though? and will road debris eat it alive?

Allow myself to quote..... myself....... Since you glossed over any posts after the one you quoted:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like someone tried to paint it orange, or maybe moron.
Allow myself to quote..... myself....... Since you glossed over any posts after the one you quoted:
Don't you love the people that skip right by something that makes sense so they can continue with their far out theory?

BTW, is AcesandEights trying to say maroon or calling someone a moron? :unsure:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Okay, now that you have all had your fun, for those of us that don't bleed Ford blue, that have not been through a new Ford release, this, perhaps, seemed like news.

A vehicle is a tool, select to right one for the job, stage of life, desire or need at the time. To limit yourself to only the Ford brand, to think that brand loyalty is worth more than a cup of coffee, not so much. For anyone that wants to chime in, I have owned 18 Fords and I..., please save it.
Are your cheerios salty?

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your moms life choices makes me a little worried.

theyre like the best truck out there 43 years in a row or something. Im not saying ford is bullet proof but I mean... why worry over things that havent happened yet? Problems will happen the guys in the forums will help with those. Its all good man.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder when this started happening. I have friends with F150s that range from 2016 to 2019 and both have painted axles. My 2016 Expedition has painted as well. I'm not sure the cost but, seeing the negative pub on this, I wouldn't expect it to continue.
I'd think a simple call from Farley, who probably reads the click bait, will get Dana to paint their axles or we'll spray them down ourselves. I have to admit it's pretty damn embarrassing though. We have a lot of pride in our products, particularly our flagship, and it's a head scratcher to all of us. My apologies to the neighbor 2 blocks over with the 2021 I creeped under the other day to verify.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Obviously the paint quality is less than Krylon. I think you may want to consider an exterior grade paint with proper metal prep before application.

There is no passing the blame on this one.
Sponsored