Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So as we get ready for B&P, and because I was bored this morning I took a trip over to Jeep to option out a 2021 Jeep Rubicon to see if I could come up with a good optioned comparison. I know many on this forum are Jeep experts so this is more for those that are just getting into this market. Here is what I priced out:

Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep Rubicon....  Price Comparison Rubicon.JPG

I tried to load as many options as possible to get close to a 4-Door Wildtrak (with Lux package) since this is what I am ordering. I have attached the build sheet just for those that are curious. But for the ADD individuals in the crowd my final price came out to be $62,850. Now the Rubicon is a great off-road vehicle and Jeep has had years to work out the kinks and the JL is now going on three years.

Here are some of my observations:

- Still no option for bigger tires, winch, lift, or I assume a number of the options that Ford is going to offer. I know that MOPAR and the aftermarket industry has this covered but it is nice that we will (hopefully) have the option to option out our Broncos from the get-go.
- Interior, while still nice in the Jeep (even if cramped) it is starting to get a bit dated. I know the hardcore off-roaders wont care but in the world of Tesla interiors, the options for bigger than a 8" screen are becoming more of the norm.
- Engines, Jeep definitely has some good choices that would be made all the better if they do indeed bring the 392 to market. The 8-speed auto is a great transmission but I think that Bronco has them topped with the 10 Speed and 7 Speed manual.
- Colors on Jeep are pretty good although lately I haven't liked some of the off tint colors that they have brought out (weird greys and greens). I do like the color that I chose on the build though and would love to see a Maroon or Burgundy Bronco (with a white top of course!!!)

Anyway, this exercise made me feel a little better going into B&P as I know my Wildtrak is going to push $60K+ after I am done optioning it out but I still think it will be a much better vehicle than a 2021 Rubicon.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing I realized as of yesterday that Jeep has the heated steering wheel with the cold weather package but need the Lux for the Bronco (not huge for many people)

While we don't know the wheels yet, I still LOVE the Rubi and Willys wheels that come stock. The Bronco, we havent seen all of them yet but a lot I am not a fan of

Sponsored
OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I realized as of yesterday that Jeep has the heated steering wheel with the cold weather package but need the Lux for the Bronco (not huge for many people)

While we don't know the wheels yet, I still LOVE the Rubi and Willys wheels that come stock. The Bronco, we havent seen all of them yet but a lot I am not a fan of
If Jeep could make it look like this on the order then we would be having a tough conversation....

Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep Rubicon....  Price Comparison Rubi1

I am assuming that this bad boy is going to push $75K+ though. IF they ever bring it out. Love the Wheels, integrated winch, and muted gold accents.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a quick nit picky thing I see quite often on this forum that drives me a little nuts.

This is a winch
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

This is a wench

My apologies for the interupption, carry on.
The right wench can pull you out of any situation.

OP
OP
Essmith94

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a quick nit picky thing I see quite often on this forum that drives me a little nuts.

This is a winch
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

This is a wench

My apologies for the interupption, carry on.
My bad...

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do like the color that I chose on the build though and would love to see a Maroon or Burgundy Bronco (with a white top of course!!!)
If you spec out an Islander Wrangler you get the white top.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So Rubicon is more Badlands, but I don’t think any of the other models can be optioned for front and rear lockers, so Ok. If they come with a Mojave Wrangler then that is your starting point.

There is a Mopar 2” lift with fox shocks that is pretty nice, and the steel bumper option allows for a winch with a mounting kit, optional winch hoop guard, fold down swing gate table, beadlock ready wheels, etc.

And the discounts should be good as the Bronco comes out.

And there is no blue, and no blue interiors, but there is a Sage Green color choice!

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And there is no blue, and no blue interiors, but there is a Sage Green color choice!
There should be a hydro blue coming out in the next couple of months, Jeep do focus on grey shades..:)

And the discounts should be good as the Bronco comes out.
You can get 5% off invoices with Tread lightly with several dealers, I believe Granger also has a Jeep dealership.
Sponsored