Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would be lying to say that I am disappointed that Bronco was released without a hybrid ESPECIALLY since the Powerboost 150 just came out.
My guess is MY23. They'll wait for the initial hype to die down then steal the spotlight again with a hybrid or PHEV. That will give them a bit of time to find and fix any major issues in the F-150 too.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for the sake of discussion/argument. I have been researching and looking at the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4XE, it has some pretty impressive numbers, options and features for 49K. I’m ready for the inevitable comments that are surely coming my way! Let the debate/beatdown begin!
Jeeps are fun vehicles and a little lower price since you don't have to pay MSRP so you can't go wrong I've thought about it myself, but I've been waiting two years for production to begin since Ford first announced they would bring the bronco back we are only six months away don't want regrets so decided to wait 6 more months. I certainly like the way jeep allows for the purchase smaller packages like the cold weather and you can only get a heated steering wheel with ford if you buy the $5,000 lux , which is BS especially when they are warning everyone lux will be delayed delivery I'm sure due more to the b/o sound system rather than a heated steering wheel. Ford should throw the heated steering wheel into the high package or offer individual purchase option. Hell throw it on all 2021-2022 broncos for free as a thank you for your patience. Fords cost on heated steering wheel verses standard probably 20 yet make

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If dealers offer 10 to 12% below msrp on wranglers, it just means they are insanely cheaper to build than the msrp they charge for them in general right? That's insane. Still wouldn't buy it, but it will pull bronco sales for sure, and some from this board. Competition is good.

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If dealers offer 10 to 12% below msrp on wranglers, it just means they are insanely cheaper to build than the msrp they charge for them in general right? That's insane. Still wouldn't buy it, but it will pull bronco sales for sure, and some from this board. Competition is good.
I can promise you that Ford could do the same on the Bronco.

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4xe has me very interested. It sure would be great for running errands around town on just electric. Seems the gas motor makes decent power by itself. I sent an initial inquiry to a local dealer just to see what comes back.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 4xe has me very interested. It sure would be great for running errands around town on just electric. Seems the gas motor makes decent power by itself. I sent an initial inquiry to a local dealer just to see what comes back.
I'll admit, i haven't read much about it because i don't want it, but it will do up to 45/50mph on electric only?

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll admit, i haven't read much about it because i don't want it, but it will do up to 45/50mph on electric only?
I think so. I found something on the web where someone drove one on the highway and got a bit over 20 miles on electric only, but there are no comprehensive hands on reviews out there yet.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think so. I found something on the web where someone drove one on the highway and got a bit over 20 miles on electric only, but there are no comprehensive hands on reviews out there yet.
Nice, pretty cool ability. Would be great as a commuter.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only reason jeep is so high was no competition what new technology has jeep really developed . It's sad when you have to buy swing gate reinforcement at $700 are you kidding me. Jeep has taken advantage of the market and the good old days are over for them. Ford will have to drop prices in two years only die hard's are going to pay 50+ for off road vehicle. If I was smart I would just wait three years ,but hell i might be dead by then. lol

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only reason jeep is so high was no competition what new technology has jeep really developed . It's sad when you have to buy swing gate reinforcement at $700 are you kidding me. Jeep has taken advantage of the market and the good old days are over for them. Ford will have to drop prices in two years only die hard's are going to pay 50+ for off road vehicle. If I was smart I would just wait three years ,but hell i might be dead by then. lol
I am sure Jeep is putting out these alternative powertrains to lose less market to Ford. I have to admit the ONLY reason I am interested is the estimated 50mpg plus the ability to do short errands all electric. I am looking into the 4xe but will see what dealers are offering. A well equipped 4xe Rubicon is about the same msrp as my Bronco build.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure Jeep is putting out these alternative powertrains to lose less market to Ford. I have to admit the ONLY reason I am interested is the estimated 50mpg plus the ability to do short errands all electric. I am looking into the 4xe but will see what dealers are offering. A well equipped 4xe Rubicon is about the same msrp as my Bronco build.
only comes in 4 banger and a rubicon lightly optioned will set you back 60K does come in a nice orange.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just for the sake of discussion/argument. I have been researching and looking at the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4XE, it has some pretty impressive numbers, options and features for 49K. I’m ready for the inevitable comments that are surely coming my way! Let the debate/beatdown begin!
I'd question the $49k price, since Jeep hasn't released hard number on pricing yet. But I'm thinking that's a little low.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd question the $49k price, since Jeep hasn't released hard number on pricing yet. But I'm thinking that's a little low.
Their website has build and price. A very well optioned Rubicon 4xe comes to 62k.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been messing around with the 4xe this morning and despite the hybrid engine I can't get past the rest of the Jeep design. I like the Bronco so much better. Upside of the hybrid is nice power and torque when both systems are working 100%. You have the option of using both, or each alone, but using each alone will result in less power. Electric alone is nice but hp is in the 130-140 range for a roughly 5,000 lb vehicle. Gas alone is roughly 270hp. Not bad but not great. One question is that if you do a long highway trip with both systems engaged, how long before the electric power runs out, then what is the gas mileage with just the gas engine. That EPA rating of 50mpge is true when you have the "e". So for the time being I am going to stick with my Bronco order, but I will be reading with interest the real world tests of the 4xe to see just how the hybrid system really works.
Sponsored