Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ooh, I like this idea if....rolling us plebs over to a 2022 means they add a true green to the lineup and I can still adjust my order in time.
Not exactly what I meant. It wouldn't actually be a new model year. Options are the same.
Sponsored

RX8

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's not Ford's fault that they had to delay the Bronco launch 6 months due to Covid. However, now they are asking reservation holders to purchase a 2021 model year with a possible (expected) delivery a full year later in June 2021. How can they begin delivery of a 2021 model in June 2021? 2022 models of other SUV's come out only 3 months later in Aug/Sept 2021. My opinion is that with this delay, Ford should start with 2022 and reservation holders should be the first to receive the 2022 model (this would be great PR for Ford to show they care about their customers and loyalty of early purchasers of the Bronco). Then, continue the production of the 2022 into the Fall of 2021. I just can't seem to get my head around them still trying to offer us a 2021 model with deliveries late Spring/June. Is anyone else concerned about this issue or not a concern for you? Please let me know if I am looking at this incorrectly. Thanks...
Many years ago it used to be true that all new models were released around September but that is no longer true. New models can be released at any time.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think those of us who have reserved a Bronco in 2020 should get a 2020 badge put on it somewhere that has a bat with little corona-viruses floating around it. On the inside of the back tailgate would be cool. Something like this with "2020 Edition" on the bottom or top. It also needs to be a metal plate.

corona bat.jpeg
Oh boy. I'd wait for whatever year doesn't have this on it.

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd only be pissed if the 2022 MY has changes and options that we have all been barking about. if the 2022's are identical, then i really don't care. plan to keep the truck for years

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not exactly what I meant. It wouldn't actually be a new model year. Options are the same.
Yeah, I know what you were implying. My single biggest disappointment with the first year Bronco has been the lack of a deep green. Wishful thinking and all.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh boy. I'd wait for whatever year doesn't have this on it.
Quick rethought lol. Instead of "2020 Edition" it should be called "The Viral Edition".

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Care takes energy and concentration......Resale does not come close to being on my radar....lighten up and enjoy life....
I'm not worried about it either. I'm keeping mine for 10 years unless it turns out to be unreliable.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I’m going to have all the flaws of the first model year, than I want the first model year number. Also, I don’t want to wait any longer so what ever gets it to me quicker. The only way I would be upset is if I see some turd rolling around in a 2022 before I got my 2021. Lol.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We'll have to agree to disagree on this point then. It does matter to me and I would think others. If I'm going to purchase a new vehicle, I want a current model year (at the beginning or close to that model year launch), not in June the following year. At this point, Ford should start with model year 2022 for the Bronco and not penalize reservation holders with requiring us to purchase a 2021 model year so far after typical new model year launches (Fall of prior year)

You could wait for a 2022 then

It doesn't matter, even for resale though because it will be compared to other bronco's, and they're all in the same boat

Just because a 2022 buick encore is on a lot across the street, that doesn't effect your bronco.....

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why should you? I’m assuming you “care” because you’re concerned about the impact to resale? If that’s your concern, you wouldn’t be buying a brand new vehicle in the first place as it depreciates the most in year 1. Whether it’s a 2022 or 2021, it’s going to be worth the same after you drive it off the lot.
Resale is not the main reason for this concern. It will impact all Broncos except maybe the FE's since limited production however. After the delay of the launch and then the delay of the production and delivery, I believe it's only fair to give current reservation holders a 2022 model year when expected deliveries in June 2021.

I guess if this thread receives responses such as yours that you don't care, we (current reservation holders) will surely get a 2021 Bronco almost a full model year old (compared to other SUV's) and then the 2022 model year will have enhancements over 2021 model that we don't receive. I guess you are OK with that. I imagine Ford is already planning upgrades and add ons for 2022 that we won't see in our choices in build/price. They have to create improvements each model year. So, yes, I believe it does matter (not for resale, for fairness to current reservation holders). They should merge 2021 features w/ 2022 proposed features, start with the 2022 model year, and put that into the build and price in December. It's too late of delivery in June to offer a 2021 model year. Truly surprised by some of responses dismissing this real concern.

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ooh, I like this idea if....rolling us plebs over to a 2022 means they add a true green to the lineup and I can still adjust my order in time.
Yes! Thank you! Manufacturers have to make improvements/choices each model year. I'd imagine Ford already is working on 2022 changes to the 2021. With such late deliveries (June 2021), reservations should not be penalized by getting a 2021 vs 2022. They should merge the 2022 planning (e.g. Green color which I'd like too) into the December price/build and START with the 2022 model after the delay in launch, production, and delivery.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think people are missing the fact that the 2022s aren't coming in June next year. It will be a while to clear the excess of 2021s. Changes to the models won't come until the 2022 calendar year.

There won't be a new, fancier Bronco, arrive before you get the one you reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.