l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm thinking with my high reservation number, i'll be extremely lucky to receive mine in calendar year 2021

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I’m going to have all the flaws of the first model year, than I want the first model year number. Also, I don’t want to wait any longer so what ever gets it to me quicker. The only way I would be upset is if I see some turd rolling around in a 2022 before I got my 2021. Lol.
Putting 2022 on the title instead of 2021 should not cause another delay. It's just putting 2022 model year on title instead of 2021. June 2021 is just too late to deliver a 2021 model if new purchasers cannot purchase sooner (which we can't)

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They really should be 2022 models.
especially since some will not even be delivered until 2022

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Resale is not the main reason for this concern. It will impact all Broncos except maybe the FE's since limited production however. After the delay of the launch and then the delay of the production and delivery, I believe it's only fair to give current reservation holders a 2022 model year when expected deliveries in June 2021.

I guess if this thread receives responses such as yours that you don't care, we (current reservation holders) will surely get a 2021 Bronco almost a full model year old (compared to other SUV's) and then the 2022 model year will have enhancements over 2021 model that we don't receive. I guess you are OK with that. I imagine Ford is already planning upgrades and add ons for 2022 that we won't see in our choices in build/price. They have to create improvements each model year. So, yes, I believe it does matter (not for resale, for fairness to current reservation holders). They should merge 2021 features w/ 2022 proposed features, start with the 2022 model year, and put that into the build and price in December. It's too late of delivery in June to offer a 2021 model year. Truly surprised by some of responses dismissing this real concern.
You use the word "fair " a lot.....the only fair I know about comes once a year and they give ribbons to pigs and cattle.....wake up...this is the surreal world.....Relax and enjoy your 2 year old Bronco when it gets here next year....

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes! Thank you! Manufacturers have to make improvements/choices each model year.

Who forces the manufacturer to make these changes?

What would happen if they didn't change the vehicle?

Has anyone told Toyota about this? That 4runner hasn't changed much recently

Could ford just call the new bronco a 2032 model? Imagine how good the resale would be then!!!!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It sounds like getting a 2022 is very important to you. If you have a reservation now then cancel it and submit a new reservation and you will be moved to the back of the line ... then you have better chance of getting a 2022.

I am just taking a stab at this as I have ordered a 2013 Raptor, 2016 RS and 2019 Raptor .. the only change in 2022 will be a new color and usually they drop a color when they add a new color.

Moderate updates tends to happen in the 3rd year of the Vehicle.

Yes! Thank you! Manufacturers have to make improvements/choices each model year. I'd imagine Ford already is working on 2022 changes to the 2021. With such late deliveries (June 2021), reservations should not be penalized by getting a 2021 vs 2022. They should merge the 2022 planning (e.g. Green color which I'd like too) into the December price/build and START with the 2022 model after the delay in launch, production, and delivery.

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think people are missing the fact that the 2022s aren't coming in June next year. It will be a while to clear the excess of 2021s. Changes to the models won't come until the 2022 calendar year.

There won't be a new, fancier Bronco, arrive before you get the one you reserved.
With all due respect, I think your missing the point. I'm just saying Ford should START the Bronco launch with the 2022 model year. Why start with 2021? June 2021 is too late to offer current reservation holders a 2021 model. It just is. Is its Ford's fault? No, no one saw Covid coming. But, at this point with the delay in launch, production,and delivery....it just makes sense to me that they should START with a 2022 Bronco year. The 2021 model year window has closed.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

not trying to say anything bad but it seems like OP is just concerned with telling his friends he has the newest and shiniest toy that says 2022

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just Google 64 1/2 Mustang, there's quite a following. They began production in April 1964. So call my Bronco a 2021 1/2, it'll be worth a bundle in sixty years, I'll be dead, my heirs will have sold it to some kid in 2042 for seven hundred bucks and the eighteenth owner will sell it for a bundle!

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They really should be 2022 models.
especially since some will not even be delivered until 2022
Thank you! I completely agree. Some of the responses of 'I don't care' are really surprising to me. It's just fair to reservation holders at this point. It's the right thing for Ford to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With all due respect, I think your missing the point. I'm just saying Ford should START the Bronco launch with the 2022 model year. Why start with 2021? June 2021 is too late to offer current reservation holders a 2021 model. It just is. Is its Ford's fault? No, no one saw Covid coming. But, at this point with the delay in launch, production,and delivery....it just makes sense to me that they should START with a 2022 Bronco year. The 2021 model year window has closed.
That wasn't in response to you. It was to the people that don't want the "2021" because the "2022" will have changes.

I agree with you. Whatever the first Broncos are should be 2022s.

But still....I don't actually care. 2022 makes more sense, but I don't care if mine is a 2021. They could call it a 1997 for all I care and pretend like the Bronco never went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.