Sponsored

2021 or 2022 Bronco Model Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4831

You don't care that your spending $40K+ on an SUV that will be one model year old 3 months after delivery?
Correct, in 20 years hopefully there will be something that helps make these units special. Like the fabled 64.5 mustangs that amazingly rare in the fact they they do not exit.
Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can understand why some people feel that it matters and some people don't.

To me what matters is the clarity with which they draw the line between 2021 and 2022 models, and with how they control 2021 vs. 2022 feature content availability. If they don't take a good approach here, they will have a cascading effect long term where they are constantly building last year's model in the present year with last year's features.

Ex - if they don't have capacity to build ALL 2021 reservations in calendar year 2021, they will HAVE to build 2021s in 2022, and so on and so on until they can catch up with the demand and eventually build, say, 2023 models in 2022.

If I were Ford, I would pick a volume of 2021 Broncos corresponding to the number i KNOW can be built in what will be left of 2021, and make that max volume serial number the 2021 cutoff. Then, I have a clear break point for what will then become 2022 models, and my production will generally have the capacity to produce all current model demand in the current year.

A question: is it possible for ALL 2021 reservations to be filled in 2021?

NO. we have heard this already as a likely outcome from Ford based on current reservation and timing statistics.

Therefore, current reservation holders who's vehicle cannot get produced by the 2021 cutoff VIN SHOULD get offered 2022 Broncos - Otherwise, that reservation holder will be CONSTRAINED to 2021 features when they effectively RECEIVE their Bronco in a 2022 model year.

I know I'd be pissed if I was forced to accept late delivery of a 2021 vehicle that I wish had specific 2022 features. I understand that it's possible just to wait to see what 2022 features are, but that's not the point. If they were really putting the CUSTOMER first, they would be willing to let the CUSTOMER who already has a reservation in the system, "bump up" to a 2022 model designation and feature portfolio.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

boom. This is what I was trying to say.

Ford gets to say the Bronco came out in 2021. FE owners get a little more caché in having one of only 7000 2021 Broncos, the rest of the reservations get built as 2022s (a little caché for the reservers), and as soon as they are done, and orders are fulfilled, roll into 2023 for the masses.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You shouldn't be on this thread. This is for serious inquiries of Bronco buyers. Go back to FB.

Thank you! I completely agree. Some of the responses of 'I don't care' are really surprising to me. It's just fair to reservation holders at this point. It's the right thing for Ford to do.
I think It’s fine for people to have their own opinion. But I am surprised that some don’t care. And to be clear, I don’t care if they do or don’t agree. It’s just an opinion

Sponsored

Deleted member 4831

Resale is not the main reason for this concern. It will impact all Broncos except maybe the FE's since limited production however. After the delay of the launch and then the delay of the production and delivery, I believe it's only fair to give current reservation holders a 2022 model year when expected deliveries in June 2021.

I guess if this thread receives responses such as yours that you don't care, we (current reservation holders) will surely get a 2021 Bronco almost a full model year old (compared to other SUV's) and then the 2022 model year will have enhancements over 2021 model that we don't receive. I guess you are OK with that. I imagine Ford is already planning upgrades and add ons for 2022 that we won't see in our choices in build/price. They have to create improvements each model year. So, yes, I believe it does matter (not for resale, for fairness to current reservation holders). They should merge 2021 features w/ 2022 proposed features, start with the 2022 model year, and put that into the build and price in December. It's too late of delivery in June to offer a 2021 model year. Truly surprised by some of responses dismissing this real concern.
Ford Bronco 2021 or 2022 Bronco Model Year? 1598043203970

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can probably see the depreciation hitting harder because it would be considered a year old like 3 months after we take delivery So that’s the only downside if any but keep 2020 out of it. 21 is a good number because 2+1=3 and 3 is a very good number

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not trying to say anything bad but it seems like OP is just concerned with telling his friends he has the newest and shiniest toy that says 2022
Honestly though, what’s wrong with being proud of a new Bronco you just purchased?

Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think those of us who have reserved a Bronco in 2020 should get a 2020 badge put on it somewhere that has a bat with little corona-viruses floating around it. On the inside of the back tailgate would be cool. Something like this with "2020 Edition" on the bottom or top. It also needs to be a metal plate.

Ford Bronco 2021 or 2022 Bronco Model Year? 1598043203970
This comment makes me happy, and not just because I started my friday drinking at noon!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We'll have to agree to disagree on this point then. It does matter to me and I would think others. If I'm going to purchase a new vehicle, I want a current model year (at the beginning or close to that model year launch), not in June the following year. At this point, Ford should start with model year 2022 for the Bronco and not penalize reservation holders with requiring us to purchase a 2021 model year so far after typical new model year launches (Fall of prior year)
Simple solution - cancel your reservation and wait. Then you'll be happy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.