Not open for further replies.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Resale is not the main reason for this concern. It will impact all Broncos except maybe the FE's since limited production however. After the delay of the launch and then the delay of the production and delivery, I believe it's only fair to give current reservation holders a 2022 model year when expected deliveries in June 2021.

I guess if this thread receives responses such as yours that you don't care, we (current reservation holders) will surely get a 2021 Bronco almost a full model year old (compared to other SUV's) and then the 2022 model year will have enhancements over 2021 model that we don't receive. I guess you are OK with that. I imagine Ford is already planning upgrades and add ons for 2022 that we won't see in our choices in build/price. They have to create improvements each model year. So, yes, I believe it does matter (not for resale, for fairness to current reservation holders). They should merge 2021 features w/ 2022 proposed features, start with the 2022 model year, and put that into the build and price in December. It's too late of delivery in June to offer a 2021 model year. Truly surprised by some of responses dismissing this real concern.
Of course Ford is planning on improvements and add-ons for 2022. And they are for 2023 as well. And 2024. And 2025. I could go on and on. They even do improvements throughout the same model year. I guess I'm struggling to understand. No matter what model year it's assigned, you're going to be built whatever is available at that time. You're thinking way too much into this. You're getting the same Bronco whether they give it a 2021 or 2022 model year. Are you concerned with telling your colleagues and friends you're driving a 2021 model year vehicle in July of 2021?
Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry for my 2021 level comments, you deserve 2022

And I'm out! Have a great weekend bronco buddy #hugs

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course there are many factors but I am only talking about 2 factors. If everything else about two vehicles is the same except for model year and mileage, the mileage matters more. Obviously not if the newer vehicle only has slightly more mileage.

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many years ago it used to be true that all new models were released around September but that is no longer true. New models can be released at any time.
Interesting. Which SUV’s were not launched in the Fall for next year model year? Do you have an example?

Sponsored
OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Care takes energy and concentration......Resale does not come close to being on my radar....lighten up and enjoy life....
It’s about fairness, not resale value. Late Spring/June is just too late to offer a 2021 model year. The 2021 model year launch window has closed by then. We should get a 2022 due to delayed launch and production/delivery delays.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just my take... my first reaction is the same as the OP... wtf ford.

Seriously, we all know that depreciation hits the moment you drive it off the lot.... but now you are slapped with an extra year of depreciation. And I call BS if anyone disagrees. KBB uses a year factor for age and you do get dinged.

Then the idea that someone else may be going to take delivery of a 2022 model the same year you got your 2021? NOT to mention if they get any of the updates that you didn't.

Then I also remember the early models of the mustang... having a limited production 2021 Bronco might be something special.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just my take... my first reaction is the same as the OP... wtf ford.

Seriously, we all know that depreciation hits the moment you drive it off the lot.... but now you are slapped with an extra year of depreciation. And I call BS if anyone disagrees. KBB uses a year factor for age and you do get dinged.

Then the idea that someone else may be going to take delivery of a 2022 model the same year you got your 2021? NOT to mention if they get any of the updates that you didn't.
What’s the problem? Happens every year with every make and model of every vehicle, since the model T. The logic behind these arguments is baffling. No dealer has ever had two different model years of the same vehicle on the lot. Ever damnit! We need some laws against these injustices.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What’s the problem? Happens every year with every make and model of every vehicle, since the model T. The logic behind these arguments is baffling. No dealer has ever had two different model years of the same vehicle on the lot. Ever damnit! We need some laws against these injustices.
They sure do... and you can get the "old year" at a discount... give me a discount and you can call it whatever year they want

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s about fairness, not resale value. Late Spring/June is just too late to offer a 2021 model year. The 2021 model year launch window has closed by then. We should get a 2022 due to delayed launch and production/delivery delays.
Ford Bronco 2021 or 2022 Bronco Model Year? dead-horse-animated-

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ya the year doesn’t really matter, once I order at the end of this year, you can call it a 2020 for all I care
The year DOES matter. You are paying 9 months of depreciation without receiving a discount on purchase price

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Of course Ford is planning on improvements and add-ons for 2022. And they are for 2023 as well. And 2024. And 2025. I could go on and on. They even do improvements throughout the same model year. I guess I'm struggling to understand. No matter what model year it's assigned, you're going to be built whatever is available at that time. You're thinking way too much into this. You're getting the same Bronco whether they give it a 2021 or 2022 model year. Are you concerned with telling your colleagues and friends you're driving a 2021 model year vehicle in July of 2021?
There were no changes to the 2020 Ranger after it's abbreviated 2019 release which started having deliveries later in the year.

There were probably some assembly line improvements and getting the small quirks of manufacturing ironed out.

Just saying, a short-model-year product won't necessarily have second model year changes, especially if it's a sought after vehicle. I am unaware if Ford published the exact number of Ranger pre-orders, but if you followed their forum during the process, it was alive with activity, much like this place is going to be.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.