Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just a thought exercise:

So the 2021 Bronco will begin production circa April / May 2021.

150,000ish Broncos need to be made.

According to Ford, the last run should be sent to reservation holders in 2022 - let's call it January 2022 for conversation sake.

Ford Dealers will not get any (many due to cancellations) 2021 Broncos at all? Or will Ford continue to produce Broncos for Dealerships.

Does this make the FE and reserved Broncos "more special" due to they never saw a dealer's lot?

When does the model 2022 start production? Nov/Dec 2021?

What is the turn around between the end of 2021 and the start of the 2022 production?

What if the 2021 model goes into 2022? Won't the models be identical outside of the year chosen to call them?

As I've stated before, I own a 2011 F-150. The 2021 F-150 has some cool options. But it's not "Oh, snap!" better than my 2011. And that is 10 years later! One year difference - I don't see as a fear for me. And that assumes there will be a 2022 Bronco. What if they just skip 2022 and to get back on schedule they make a 2023 model?

As has been said, the easiest solution if this is a worry is to cancel the reservation and then when the 2022's arrive on the lot, go get one.

Surely everyone would agree Ford would never (and should never) hold back everyone's reservations while they build the 2021's for Dealerships and once those are done, begin building 2022's for reservation holders?!

I've waited since 2004. I ain't waiting another dang year because one digit got changed in a year!
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s the right thing for Ford to do at this point with the delays. Why should we have to pay 9 months of a 2021 SUV depreciation due to the delay. I just donā€™t get the ā€˜I donā€™t care responsesā€™. We should get a new SUV and model (2022) with potential deliveries up to June 2021. If they guaranteed delivery by March 2021, Iā€™d be OK with a 2021 model year. Going to June is too far for a 2021
Dude, you don't HAVE to do anything, nobody is making you. As I pointed out earlier you can cancel your reservation and go to the back of the line and practically be guaranteed a 2022, totally solving your HUGE problem. No "late 2021" model for you, just a super shiny smell that oh-so-new-car smell 2022. Win-win.
Ford Bronco 2021 or 2022 Bronco Model Year? monk - you will thank me later

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But how else do we start amusing Internet beef with people we don't know? Jk the last few pages of this has been a cluster.

Maybe add a poll:

-I'd rather have the latest MY
-Gimme the '21 and make smurf blue the only interior color for all trims
-Gimme any MY bronco that gets to me the fastest

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just my take... my first reaction is the same as the OP... wtf ford.

Seriously, we all know that depreciation hits the moment you drive it off the lot.... but now you are slapped with an extra year of depreciation. And I call BS if anyone disagrees. KBB uses a year factor for age and you do get dinged.

Then the idea that someone else may be going to take delivery of a 2022 model the same year you got your 2021? NOT to mention if they get any of the updates that you didn't.

Then I also remember the early models of the mustang... having a limited production 2021 Bronco might be something special.
Thanks,
This is just a thought exercise:

So the 2021 Bronco will begin production circa April / May 2021.

150,000ish Broncos need to be made.

According to Ford, the last run should be sent to reservation holders in 2022 - let's call it January 2022 for conversation sake.

Ford Dealers will not get any (many due to cancellations) 2021 Broncos at all? Or will Ford continue to produce Broncos for Dealerships.

Does this make the FE and reserved Broncos "more special" due to they never saw a dealer's lot?

When does the model 2022 start production? Nov/Dec 2021?

What is the turn around between the end of 2021 and the start of the 2022 production?

What if the 2021 model goes into 2022? Won't the models be identical outside of the year chosen to call them?

As I've stated before, I own a 2011 F-150. The 2021 F-150 has some cool options. But it's not "Oh, snap!" better than my 2011. And that is 10 years later! One year difference - I don't see as a fear for me. And that assumes there will be a 2022 Bronco. What if they just skip 2022 and to get back on schedule they make a 2023 model?

As has been said, the easiest solution if this is a worry is to cancel the reservation and then when the 2022's arrive on the lot, go get one.

Surely everyone would agree Ford would never (and should never) hold back everyone's reservations while they build the 2021's for Dealerships and once those are done, begin building 2022's for reservation holders?!

I've waited since 2004. I ain't waiting another dang year because one digit got changed in a year!
Thanks, but I think youā€™ve missed the point of this thread. Iā€™m not saying we should wait longer. Iā€™m saying the deliveries in Spring/June 2021 should be titled as 2022ā€™s because new SUV models come out in the Fall each year. New 2022 other SUVs will start going to Dealerships in Aug/Sept 2021. Getting a 2021 model year this coming Spring/June means we are paying about 9 months of depreciation. Therefore, Ford should title our vehicles 2022 to avoid this depreciation

Sponsored

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Posts deleted.

REMINDER TO ALL: Post in a respectful and congenial manner.

Please review: Attention: Read This Before Posting

Tread carefully going forward in this thread. Failure to adhere to the site decorum rules will result in thread and/or site ban.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if all reservation holders ā€œ shouldā€ get 2022 MY- who gets the 2021 MY then
?

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You do seem to be missing the point about 2021 vs 2022. Weā€™re buying a 2021 model year with expected delivery in June 2021. The 2022 model year of other SUVā€™s will be at dealerships in Fall 2021. We are being required by Ford due to the delay with paying 9 months of depreciation (Without receiving the vehicle) due to delay in ordering, production and delivery.
Youā€™re missing the point, respectfully. Let me help you. I specifically implied you were concerned about resale. Your response ā€œResale is not the main reason for this concern.ā€ Those were your exact words. Now youā€™re talking about 9 months of depreciation. Are we arguing semantics now? Iā€™m utterly confused.

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They sure do... and you can get the "old year" at a discount... give me a discount and you can call it whatever year they want
If Ford acknowledged this depreciation due to the launch, production, and delivery delay and gave us a discount to a 2021 purchase price vs 2022 pricing (or some free upgrades such as Hard Top, Mid Pkg, Sasquatch, or 2.7), then iā€™d be fine with it being a 2021 model. As it stands right now, it looks like weā€™re just being forced to pay 9 months of depreciation without any credit from Ford for the delay.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly , I hope OP's worst case scenario is correct....after three months they change the paper work over to MY2022 .....thereby making the 2021's really rare and sought after like the 66's. These will be collectables in no time.
I'll take the 21 please.

Isn't Velocity Blue the 2022 model change?:unsure:
It's a late add, they have to get all the supply chain issues straightened out. They're pushing hard to have it ready for initial builds, but no promises.

Resale value has more to do with mileage than year.
I'd tend to agree, generally speaking. I've seen everything from 5,6,7 year old Subaru Outbacks to F350's tend to hold , in my opinion, a crazy high value if they are really low mileage.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.