Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To start - we all know the painted MOD top was delayed until the '23 MY some time back, so I'm not here to discuss that particular aspect of this, and am aware getting the MOD top means waiting until MY'23. Let's get that out of the way to hopefully eliminate the inevitable "MOD TOP IS '23 MY!!!" posts....

When I originally converted my reservation to an order back in January, I opted for the black MOD top, amongst other options, which gave me a priority code 99 on the DORA system/my printout to hold off production for the MOD top (At the time, IIRC the MOD top was still considered a late availability option for '21).

Fast forward to now, obviously '21s are out the window, and orders are being converted to '22s in Ford's system, and MOD tops are, of course, '23s regardless. I swung by the dealer pre-'22 order banks opening, and my sales guy said orders would be automatically converted to '22s as-is (unless you want to make changes), and I got an email from Ford yesterday saying my order had been updated to a '22 with just the order date and number, but no details, and I hadn't gone through any process with my sales guy for this, as he mentioned it'd be automatic.

I'm planning on continuing to wait for the MOD top, so my question to those "in the know" - am I correct in assuming that it would work the same way - In that I'd just have a DORA printout of all the same options for a "22", with code 99 to hold production until all options were producible (in this case '23)? And that I otherwise don't need to do anything in order to just stay waiting in line for the '23 with MOD top?

It might be worth having him print out the now "'22" order (with 99 code) for me again just to have in my records that it's still "mine" and confirming the option choices, but otherwise I've figured there's not really any point in me updating anything on the order, as some options could change slightly again for '23.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/comments.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rmc523

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the help lol.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it really worth waiting 2 years for a mod top? In that time frame you can order a soft top and save up for the mod. The cost of the vehicle is going to keep going up as well..:

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the dealer horror stories floating around, I would at a minimum make a point to call the dealership and confirm they are aware you want to keep the order in 99 status and possibly have them note why. Probably also a good time to discuss if they will be charging ADM or other fees above MSRP.

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also wanted a body colored hard top but decided to just convert my reservation to an order for a '22 and when ever the BCHT becomes available I'll sell the hard top I have and order a BCHT. I think there will be people that ordered with a soft top so they could get a vehicle sooner that will be interested in buying my hard top.

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also wanted a mod top. But who knows when it will even be out. Changed my order and have a build date of next month.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been thinking of holding out for the Mod top in 23 as well, give me another year to build the down payment, and who knows might get something other than orange stitching on the badlands. Or a different Interior.

Damn tempted to just pull the trigger for 22 though so I can actually start using it though, with the price protection, it won’t make too big of a difference though for waiting.

OP
OP
rmc523

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it really worth waiting 2 years for a mod top? In that time frame you can order a soft top and save up for the mod. The cost of the vehicle is going to keep going up as well..:
Eh, I don't really want a soft top, and don't want to deal with the inevitable long-term fading of the MIC top in Florida sun.

I've also figured it's not the worst thing to wait for them to work out some bugs and whatnot, and if they add any minor features......though you get the reverse of potentially losing out on things like the handles/mirror caps.
Sponsored