First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my 2022 Badlands “ManSquatch” four door Bronco since October, approx 4500 miles now and wanted to write a review to do my part for the community. Any questions or things I don’t cover feel free to ask.

First and foremost, I freakin love it and the pictures you’re sent via the dealer and when it’s coming down the line don’t do it justice. I placed my order Feb 1st, 2022 and took delivery in October 2022.

My must haves were the Squatch package, tow package, tube doors, advanced system, manual transmission and the black marine vinyl interior. Some of the other creature comforts I was willing forgo as the Manual transmission was a must. I do miss the keyless entry, heated and cooled seats and the front trail camera, but I knew exactly what and I wanted.

I live in Metro Atlanta to give an ideal of typical traffic flow. I average 17.1 mpg and run regular fuel. I’ve gotten 19.3 mpg on the road running regular fuel from Atlanta, GA to Charlotte, NC. Personally like driving in 2H makes for a funnier drive, but do frequently used 4A for adverse or wet conditions.

Having the Manual, 2.3L and 35’s was an area for concern, but after test driving a Big Ben, Non-Squatch, 2.3L with a Manual transmission I wasn’t concerned. The 2.3L eco boost is no slouch and I’ve never felt like it was work for the motor and transmission. Out of the whole it doesn’t launch like a mustang, but once pass 2,000 rmp she’s moving. I’ve had no hesitation or lag when I needed to step on it and rapidly accelerate. She’ll do 80+ just fine.

The black marine vinyl interior hasn’t disappointed. Went with the Bronco plastic floor mates and they haven’t disappointed either. We have two boys and clean up/ having her detailed is a breeze. Plus the carpet mates don’t come with the Embedded Bronco emblems as the plastic mates do. Running a full car seat and a booster in the back and no issues with leg room. Even with grown adults in the back no issues with leg room. I’m played DE and LB in college and was a performance coach at Auburn University after I was done playing (I’m not a lil human for reference) and have been comfortable in the Bronco in both scenarios.

With the soft top it is cooler than typical, but the heat will have you feeling like you’re in a sauna. Even with the windows out and lower temps. Had a week or so of warm days after taking delivery and the AC is just the opposite and keeps the vehicle cold. Will defiantly be adding a sunshade in phase 2 of my Bronco mods.

There is a lot of wind noise, but it doesn’t bother me as I knew what I ordered. Pervious vehicle was a Ford Explorer sport for reference. The sound system has to be adjusted from the factory setting as it’s not the greatest. Once levels (bass, terrible etc.) have been adjusted it’s not that bad. Will be upgrading it in phase 3 of my Bronco mods.

Only mods done to date is the Go Rhino side steps (will be selling the OEM rock rials) and a 5 wheel rotation if you want to count that. All in all I love my Bronco and would order it all over again if I had to

61AE0E5E-D907-44CE-B6BB-40AFFBD96BC6.jpeg
Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice review, it basically echoes my non-SAS Badlands experience. Most of the things that were called negatives from when I was reading and researching really come off as just part of owning this kind of vehicle. It is a lot more refined in how it drives, shifts, and generally handles day-to-day use than what was described or expected.

It's not shaped like an egg, it has a removable roof and doors, and it's built off the Ranger platform, all of which make it a lot more "truck-like" than plenty of stuff out there. It is different, that's the whole point. Like, would someone complain that you can't load a toilet into a Viper?

OP
OP
Djacks15

Djacks15

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts exactly…lol

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve had my 2022 Badlands “ManSquatch” four door Bronco since October, approx 4500 miles now and wanted to write a review to do my part for the community. Any questions or things I don’t cover feel free to ask.

First and foremost, I freakin love it and the pictures you’re sent via the dealer and when it’s coming down the line don’t do it justice. I placed my order Feb 1st, 2022 and took delivery in October 2022.

My must haves were the Squatch package, tow package, tube doors, advanced system, manual transmission and the black marine vinyl interior. Some of the other creature comforts I was willing forgo as the Manual transmission was a must. I do miss the keyless entry, heated and cooled seats and the front trail camera, but I knew exactly what and I wanted.

I live in Metro Atlanta to give an ideal of typical traffic flow. I average 17.1 mpg and run regular fuel. I’ve gotten 19.3 mpg on the road running regular fuel from Atlanta, GA to Charlotte, NC. Personally like driving in 2H makes for a funnier drive, but do frequently used 4A for adverse or wet conditions.

Having the Manual, 2.3L and 35’s was an area for concern, but after test driving a Big Ben, Non-Squatch, 2.3L with a Manual transmission I wasn’t concerned. The 2.3L eco boost is no slouch and I’ve never felt like it was work for the motor and transmission. Out of the whole it doesn’t launch like a mustang, but once pass 2,000 rmp she’s moving. I’ve had no hesitation or lag when I needed to step on it and rapidly accelerate. She’ll do 80+ just fine.

The black marine vinyl interior hasn’t disappointed. Went with the Bronco plastic floor mates and they haven’t disappointed either. We have two boys and clean up/ having her detailed is a breeze. Plus the carpet mates don’t come with the Embedded Bronco emblems as the plastic mates do. Running a full car seat and a booster in the back and no issues with leg room. Even with grown adults in the back no issues with leg room. I’m played DE and LB in college and was a performance coach at Auburn University after I was done playing (I’m not a lil human for reference) and have been comfortable in the Bronco in both scenarios.

With the soft top it is cooler than typical, but the heat will have you feeling like you’re in a sauna. Even with the windows out and lower temps. Had a week or so of warm days after taking delivery and the AC is just the opposite and keeps the vehicle cold. Will defiantly be adding a sunshade in phase 2 of my Bronco mods.

There is a lot of wind noise, but it doesn’t bother me as I knew what I ordered. Pervious vehicle was a Ford Explorer sport for reference. The sound system has to be adjusted from the factory setting as it’s not the greatest. Once levels (bass, terrible etc.) have been adjusted it’s not that bad. Will be upgrading it in phase 3 of my Bronco mods.

Only mods done to date is the Go Rhino side steps (will be selling the OEM rock rials) and a 5 wheel rotation if you want to count that. All in all I love my Bronco and would order it all over again if I had to

Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands “ManSquatch” Review 61AE0E5E-D907-44CE-B6BB-40AFFBD96BC6
Love how you kept saying "I knew what I ordered". Keep up that attitude and this Bronco will be your forever vehicle. Have fun!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how’s the heat for the rear seats?

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

multiple threads here on B6G on how poor the heat/ventilation is to the back seats
due to lack of flow through the ducts mounted under the front seats.

how's the heat in your mansquatch badlands for the rear seats?
(got a very similar spec on order)

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High
how’s the heat for the rear seats?
20’s in Florida over the holiday’s recently and heat was more than adequate. But better rear vents can’t hurt. Front passengers wouldn’t have to be so warm.

OP
OP
Djacks15

Djacks15

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
multiple threads here on B6G on how poor the heat/ventilation is to the back seats
due to lack of flow through the ducts mounted under the front seats.

how's the heat in your mansquatch badlands for the rear seats?
(got a very similar spec on order)
Understood, I do wish there were rear vents in the center consul, but even with out them I have found the ventilation to be more than adequate for the back seats “when running defrost”. There are vents in the A pillars that helps circulation reach the back seat, that are activated with the defrost setting.

For example when the temperatures first dropped here low 40/30’s in the am, but high 60’s in the afternoon I would consistently keep the rear windows out (allowed for me to drop to top in seconds). There were a number of occasions while running heat, on the defrost setting, my oldest would tell me he was hot.

OP
OP
Djacks15

Djacks15

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High

20’s in Florida over the holiday’s recently and heat was more than adequate. But better rear vents can’t hurt. Front passengers wouldn’t have to be so warm.
Run the defrost, defiantly helps the front passengers to not feel like you’re in a sauna when running the heat on high

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Run the defrost, defiantly helps the front passengers to not feel like you’re in a sauna when running the heat on high
Defiantly? Damn that’s some angry defrost action. Yes I know what you meant, and yes auto correct can be “quiet” a pain in the ass, but it’s still funny.

OP
OP
Djacks15

Djacks15

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Defiantly? Damn that’s some angry defrost action. Yes I know what you meant, and yes auto correct can be “quiet” a pain in the ass, but it’s still funny.
😂
Sponsored