SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm BB with a locker also, it should be quite capable. I didn't Squatch because I really don't like huge tires and if I Squatch i would have gone Base due to cost and BB gave me some niceties.

Question, this is the first 22 Build I've see, are body color door inserts on the 4 door now???
Yea I noticed that too, it seems that we can see the body color on the doors now as apposed to the MY21 where you didn't (at least on the B&P). I think it looks good with it, hopefully its an actual thing.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea I noticed that too, it seems that we can see the body color on the doors now as apposed to the MY21 where you didn't (at least on the B&P). I think it looks good with it, hopefully its an actual thing.
Right, it could be a glitch in the B&P using the 2 door image, but maybe???

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why a Big bend and not a Badlands ? Most of what you are adding comes standard on the Badlands ( bumper, dif, lights and so on )

OP
OP
SimpleMan

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why a Big bend and not a Badlands ? Most of what you are adding comes standard on the Badlands ( bumper, dif, lights and so on )
Same build but on a Badlands goes from $47,475 to $53,185 ($5,710 difference). A bit more than I would want to spend to get additional off road capability that I don't need for what I plan on using it for.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

are you looking to save some money or get value for your money?
i'd say that the headlight upgrade isn't really needed unless you really want it.
BD (besides the seats and floors) is very similar to what you have optioned out. if you want the mgv seats you can just go BD and get the locker, switches, rock rails, and extra goat mode.

Sponsored

GPW

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if you want the mgv seats you can just go BD and get the locker, switches, rock rails, and extra goat mode.
I'm in the same boat, deciding between BB and BD. I love the idea of MGV seats, but concerned how hot they'll get in Texas.

OP
OP
SimpleMan

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
are you looking to save some money or get value for your money?
i'd say that the headlight upgrade isn't really needed unless you really want it.
BD (besides the seats and floors) is very similar to what you have optioned out. if you want the mgv seats you can just go BD and get the locker, switches, rock rails, and extra goat mode.
I see what you're saying and there's only a $630 difference or a $1,625 difference with the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels added on the BD. To be honest I'm not a fan of the steel wheel. Regardless a 1,625 difference is doable and like I said on a different reply the BD is a close second for me so at the end of the day I'll have to look into comparing these two a bit more to get a solid decision for what I want but for now I'm leaning BB.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see what you're saying and there's only a $630 difference or a $1,625 difference with the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels added on the BD. To be honest I'm not a fan of the steel wheel. Regardless a 1,625 difference is doable and like I said on a different reply the BD is a close second for me so at the end of the day I'll have to look into comparing these two a bit more to get a solid decision for what I want.
i did it for my dad back in the day when he was looking at a BMW 325i vs 328i. Create an excel sheet with the difference and prices on how you'd option each. then mark what is available aftermarket that you can do after and what is a factory order that would be very hard to do aftermarket. then you can make the better choice. also, is the 2.7 v6 a must? could save money there and get another option.

OP
OP
SimpleMan

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i did it for my dad back in the day when he was looking at a BMW 325i vs 328i. Create an excel sheet with the difference and prices on how you'd option each. then mark what is available aftermarket that you can do after and what is a factory order that would be very hard to do aftermarket. then you can make the better choice. also, is the 2.7 v6 a must? could save money there and get another option.
Awesome idea, I'll look into doing that. And yea the 2.7 is since this is a vehicle I plan on holding onto for a longtime, on-road quality/experience is something I want to maximize while balancing other needs and balancing price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SimpleMan

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't get too carried away this IS a Ford we are talking about...lol Ohhh i feel the flames coming on LMAO
Lol this will be my first ford and I've heard a mix of things over the years but, I would hope it would last.

Reactions: JPG

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same here, first Ford, let's hope for the best
I'll vouch for the 2.7, it's been a great motor in my F150. Thought I would miss the 5.0, but aside from the sound it's been just as good if not better. Even then, I'm not really one for aftermarket exhausts on trucks so I'm sure the engine note in the bronco will be barely noticeable vs. the rest of the noise.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm BB with a locker also, it should be quite capable. I didn't Squatch because I really don't like huge tires and if I Squatch i would have gone Base due to cost and BB gave me some niceties.

Question, this is the first 22 Build I've see, are body color door inserts on the 4 door now???
Couldn't agree more on BB w/ lockers. Have to keep in perspective the Bronco is capable as hell at all trim levels. My non-pavement needs are flat pinelands and beaches. Considering I can tackle that w/ my wife's Tiguan, my OBX will be more than enough. (and fun as hell with the roof off!)

I think part of the issue is waiting so long allows too much time for scope creep. Make me wait until 2024 and maybe I'll spec a rock crawler too!
Sponsored