Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently replaced the tail lights with the Oracle flush mount tail lights. After doing so I noticed that the tailgate did not match the rest of the curves of the Bronco and now I have a gap between the tailgate and the body of the Bronco that did not look right. Here are a few pictures to show what I'm seeing. Turns out if you have the DV8 Spare Tire Guard from opening and closing your door every time it bumps closed it pushes on the crease of the tailgate pulling it out. I called DV8 sent them the pictures I had to call back this week but was told the guy had left for the day. I’m a really patient person an want to help fix the issue for others its a great idea and concept but i don’t like the getting ignored. I’ll give them a few more days. QUESTION does anyone else here have the DV8 Tire Guard installed?

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED Tailgate_door1

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED IMG_2284

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED IMG_2283
Sponsored

Last edited:

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah mine doesn't look like that.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The bottoms looks well enough aligned. It looks to me like the panel is misshaped at the top left of the tailgate.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what size tire you got hanging off there? Looks like you added something but cant see full pic. Looks like a after market tire carrier? Pulled the metal out from bouncing?

Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was the aftermarket tire carrier recently installed? I would take off the tire carrier and the tailgate an see if any adjustments can be made with the tailgate.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I dont see any adjustment fixing that. Its bent out of shape

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont see any adjustment fixing that. Its bent out of shape
After looking at those pictures again, Yeah it's bent alright.

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not a tire carrier it's the DV8 spare tire guard and the weight is 54 lbs. That's a Badlands sasquatch edition and it still has 35" tires. I know the picture looks like it's bent but from my point of view the door is just built wrong it does not look bent back.

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After looking at those pictures again, Yeah it's bent alright.
That's not a tire carrier it's the DV8 spare tire guard and the weight is 54 lbs. That's a Badlands sasquatch edition and it still has 35" tires. I know the picture looks like it's bent but from my point of view the door is just built wrong it does not look bent back.

Sponsored
OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nah, that sh*t is bent

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone with a sasquatch edition please post a picture of yours.

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently replaced the tail lights with the Oracle flush mount tail lights. After doing so I noticed that the tailgate did not match the rest of the curves of the Bronco and now I have a gap between the tailgate and the body of the Bronco that did not look right. Here are a few pictures to show what I'm seeing. Has anyone seen this before, should I take it back to the dealer? I'm really stumped I had never noticed this before.

Tailgate_door1.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg
I recently replaced the tail lights with the Oracle flush mount tail lights. After doing so I noticed that the tailgate did not match the rest of the curves of the Bronco and now I have a gap between the tailgate and the body of the Bronco that did not look right. Here are a few pictures to show what I'm seeing. Has anyone seen this before, should I take it back to the dealer? I'm really stumped I had never noticed this before.

Tailgate_door1.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg
I decided to take the DV8 Spare tire Guard off before going to the Dealer and Complaining about my bent tailgate door. After removing the DV8 Spare Tire Guard my wife noticed right away that the door was bent because of the rubber stopper on the back of the DV8 Spare Tire Guard. As you drive and go over any speed bumps or anything that makes the back of the Bronco bounce the hard rubber bump stop seen in the first picture above over the door handle behind the DV8 Spare Tire guard metal. It vibrates and bangs on the tailgate until it creates a dent and then pulls back the edge of your tailgate. It’s very unfortunate but very obvious. I’ve contacted DV8 and sent them even more pictures and they are investigating. Here are a few more pics that shows what happened. I’m hoping to see them resolve this quickly because I really like the DV8 Spare Tire Guard and want to keep it. I’ll let you guys know on the results.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED E07C677E-AC6F-4CB1-9419-23642852E4A0

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED B228F495-6AE9-47C5-8BE4-8C2A77C8721F

Last edited: