Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to go with a tailgate reinforcement solution but based on recent posts like this, the one about the guy who lost his hinge nuts inside the tailgate and that recent post when the dude busted his back windo and totally f'd up his tailgate (although he did drive like an ass), I am going to go with this; https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-60301.htm

I wanted to replace that plastic POS rear bumper anyway. Just need to save up some coin!

OP I sure as heck hope that DV8 comes through for you and gets your baby back in working order.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I'm sure, When you close the tailgate door you can see it hit the crease from the Hard plastic or rubber stopper on the back of the Spare Tire Guard.

AM
So it’s moving when you close it? Is the spare in contact with it?
I’ve not seen one in person, just pictures. Isn’t it bolted to the hinges and tire carrier and one solid piece? Maybe a picture of the back of it that’s putting pressure on the gate. Is the rubber stopper on the back of the reinforcement plate or the actual tire guard that swings away?

Last edited:

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

54lbs i
That’s a lot of added weight. Something like that should be bumper mounted, I’d think.
SAS tire/wheel weighs 90lbs. Add this thing and you're at 144lbs. @DV8offroad advertises "up to 37s". Ford says 140lb max? Those are engineers playing it safe. I see 37s with Rotopax and recovery boards on reinforced tailgates...no issues. Just look at the weight Justin McBride has on his tailgate. Well over the "Ford limit".

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED JustinB

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing they have replied is what I'm posting below. Nothing else! But I have to say I really liked the bracket it's a real shame, having the bracket gives you so many possibilities for antennas, whips, etc. I only had it on for just a month or so.

Good Morning Armando,

This is currently over with our R&D manager as well as our Operations Manager to see what we are able to do.

Thanks,
Joey Contreras
Tech Advisor
DV8Offroad.com
951.680.9595 ext. 3226
Those are code words for "we need to talk to our lawyer".

Frankly it's a horrible design. They are allowing the aluminum tailgate to act at the bump stop for the 100+lbs of spare tire plus carrier. It's a no win situation. Well there is one winner, the body shop.

Do they even offer the model you have? This one looks like they changed it up to prevent your exact damage.

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/ford-bronco-accessories/products/6th-gen-bronco-spare-tire-guard

Last edited:

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, thanks for posting. Sorry to hear it but you just saved me some money. Just saw it was on sale and I was looking to place an order.

Sponsored

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You running spacers or ET lug nut?

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED 1678400425967

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
3 pages in and I'm still searching for what a Sasquatch Edition is. Probably comes with a musky interior.

Curious to see what DV8 does, if anything. Aftermarket modifications have a huge range of potential downstream issues. Unless this is an isolated issue, knowing how they product tested (if any) the part prior to production would also be good to know.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3 pages in and I'm still searching for what a Sasquatch Edition is. Probably comes with a musky interior.

Curious to see what DV8 does, if anything. Aftermarket modifications have a huge range of potential downstream issues. Unless this is an isolated issue, knowing how they product tested (if any) the part prior to production would also be good to know.
Fur interior and moss floor mats

DV8offroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys! I have confirmed that our R&D team is currently in direct contact with the OP. The info and pics provided are being reviewed. We did long term testing on this part prior to release and want to isolate the cause of the issue.

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys! I have confirmed that our R&D team is currently in direct contact with the OP. The info and pics provided are being reviewed. We did long term testing on this part prior to release and want to isolate the cause of the issue.
I have been in contact with DV8 since the beginning and yesterday Management contacted me for some more pics they are looking into it. Like I said before I hope they can figure this out. But the only concern I have now is that somebody on this thread was saying that it might be heavier than what ford recommends. but I think that's what the tailgate reinforcement is for.

Sponsored
OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not running a high offset I’m using the same wheels they have on the picture of there Bronco. I have Method Wheels with 0 offset the tire does not touch the front or the back of the DV8 Spare Tire Guard. I did buy the lug nuts but not needed at least for me. The Spare Tire Guard has only 2 bolts that go on the tailgate hing and then the rest is bolted to the OEM spare tire mount using the OEM bolts. I did get a reply from the product development manager telling me that using the factory wheels needed a spacer to not cause damage except I never said I was using the factory wheels and all my pictures show the method wheels. I’ve really never had an issue like this with anything I bought for any of my vehicles I’m really praying this doesn’t turn into a mess. I’ll keep you guys updated thank you guys for the support.

Armando

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guy's

Sorry for the delay. I do have an update on the Bronco it is still at the dealer getting fixed no problem there. I even went to see it on Saturday they had to replace the tailgate waiting for it to get painted. As far as DV8 is concerned I feel I could not have dealt with a better company! they stood by their product they already shipped it back to see what happened full refund and took care of the tailgate. I have to say not one week went by without hearing from managers or Engineers and they have made a customer for life. Other companies should learn from DV8 and in my experience, they really did care. Thanks, Everyone for the help.

DV8offroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guy's

Sorry for the delay. I do have an update on the Bronco it is still at the dealer getting fixed no problem there. I even went to see it on Saturday they had to replace the tailgate waiting for it to get painted. As far as DV8 is concerned I feel I could not have dealt with a better company! they stood by their product they already shipped it back to see what happened full refund and took care of the tailgate. I have to say not one week went by without hearing from managers or Engineers and they have made a customer for life. Other companies should learn from DV8 and in my experience, they really did care. Thanks, Everyone for the help.
Glad to hear that our customer service team was able to assist you on getting this all figured out!

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, as someone that was considering the same DV8 spare tire guard on a 4-door badlands sas with stock tires - wondering if there was a determined cause and whether or not there is a risk to the vehicle if I go this route.
Sponsored