Sponsored

2022 Bronco: Ceramic Coating - Is It Worth It?

Kerney

Outer Banks
First Name
Kerney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Miata SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I paid $1,500 for a '9-year' ceramic coat.

Did I get hosed?
You have not described the product used, warranty, and if they require you to pay for them to do a yearly $xxx service. All I'm saying is that if I owned a detailing business paying taxes and renting a facility there is no way id do what I do for under $1000. You have to let CSL and EXO both cure for a day so this is a multi day process.

I've not heard of any coating that will last 9 years but if they do some yearly service where they effectively recoat it sure. Like I said after every wash I use bead maker as a drying agent which puts a sacrificial top coating on the ceramic.
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wash with this one cuz it doesn't need drying (I still wipe it with a micro fiber cloth)

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco: Ceramic Coating - Is It Worth It? spot free

then I apply graphene as soon as it has dried
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco: Ceramic Coating - Is It Worth It? Graphene

I do this once a year with outstanding results .... Total cost $25

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had Gyeon Q2 (don't remember the specific one) applied over the Xpel PPF and on the wheels. I honestly absolutely love it. 99% of bugs, dirt, and grime rinse off of the PPF. The rest comes off with a light rub from a wet finger, including tar and bugs. There is no brake dust that sticks. The finish looks fantastic. The cost was in the $1k range and based on my experience so far, will definitely be reapplied when the time comes. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it is well worth it. If you go this route, I how you have the same level of satisfaction.

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have not described the product used, warranty, and if they require you to pay for them to do a yearly $xxx service. All I'm saying is that if I owned a detailing business paying taxes and renting a facility there is no way id do what I do for under $1000. You have to let CSL and EXO both cure for a day so this is a multi day process.

I've not heard of any coating that will last 9 years but if they do some yearly service where they effectively recoat it sure. Like I said after every wash I use bead maker as a drying agent which puts a sacrificial top coating on the ceramic.
I dont know the brand name of the coating, and there is no warranty or service AFAIK.
They had my bronco for 48 hours to let it cure.
It looks awesome and repels water like it should.

I was just thinking about getting my Tremor done as well....

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a graphene ceramic coating last week on my ā€˜22 Velocity Blue Bronco. The paint looked really good from the factory, no swirl marks, etc. I washed the Bronco, clayed, polished, cleaned and then applied the graphene coat to paint, windows, trim, wheels, etc. I got everything from Adamā€™s Polishes for just under $200. It took all day to do. I think it turned out great.
https://adamspolishes.com/products/graphene-ceramic-coatingā„¢?variant=32542356340833

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco: Ceramic Coating - Is It Worth It? 1649300735493

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco: Ceramic Coating - Is It Worth It? 1649300779316

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did a graphene ceramic coating last week on my ā€˜22 Velocity Blue Bronco. The paint looked really good from the factory, no swirl marks, etc. I washed the Bronco, clayed, polished, cleaned and then applied the graphene coat to paint, windows, trim, wheels, etc. I got everything from Adamā€™s Polishes for just under $200. It took all day to do. I think it turned out great.
https://adamspolishes.com/products/graphene-ceramic-coatingā„¢?variant=32542356340833

Dang that looks good!

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Navigator, 2017 F350, 2015 Odessey (dog car)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The kit from Adams runs $130 - did you have to purchase more than what comes with the kit?

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate the suggestion. One thing I forgot to mention, my Bronco is not garage kept, so its always outside in the elements. I don't mind washing and waxing my cars, I usually have done this in past, but never have done "clay bars" or "decon". I don't trust myself and definitely don't want to mess up the vehicle's paint considering I just got the Bronco this week. I don't mind spending a little bit of cash to ensure its done correctly.

FYI, I thought $2300 was on the high side, but thought I would ask from those who may have experience in pricing this process out. I'm waiting on more quotes from places around town.
Youā€™d have to try really to mess up the paint with a clay bar. I do use the clay bar lube from chemical guys. You are not scrubbing like a scotch bright. Gentle light pressure. Takes off any of that tar bugs, contaminants on the surface.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Youā€™d have to try really to mess up the paint with a clay bar. I do use the clay bar lube from chemical guys. You are not scrubbing like a scotch bright. Gentle light pressure. Takes off any of that tar bugs, contaminants on the surface.
If you drop clay bar THROW IT AWAY. The way you can screw up clay baring a car is to have some abrasive contaminate in the clay and rubbing it on your paint.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you drop clay bar THROW IT AWAY. The way you can screw up clay baring a car is to have some abrasive contaminate in the clay and rubbing it on your paint.
This is true I didnā€™t think to mention it as itā€™s obvious to me thanks for bringing it up for others šŸ‘

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before applying a ceramic coating I always wash, clay bar, and use a wax and grease remover to make sure the clear coat paint is pristine and free of any old waxes. The best wax and grease removers are usually labeled adhesive removers.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco: Ceramic Coating - Is It Worth It? C33BBF3B-0DB0-46DF-809B-ACCBC53E879A

Boeruine

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pro -Touch, 31414 Pacific Hwy in Federal Way Tell them the owner of the first Bronco they did coated referred you to them.
have been using them for over 5 years. they do great work.
just so you know they will need your unit for 3 days. they keep inside and do a great job.
Any idea if they also do graphics installation? Probably going to get the glare reduction kit from Underground Graphics and possibly a retro body stripe, and would love to knock out two birds with one stone if they do both.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, 6 hours! Canā€™t see myself doing that, this is why Iā€™m thinking paying someone might be the way to go. Iā€™m going to see if I can get a quote under $1000 in my area.
I'll be watching the thread to see if you find a better quote in the area. I'll be on the lookout, as well.
Sponsored