jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, a big thank you to @Cat and other contributors for developing with OCD delivery checklist (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/).

Picked up my 2022 Wildtrak last Friday. Karl Malone Ford (Crandall Ford at the time I made my reservation) has been great to work with; communicative, no ADM, etc. At the time I picked up my Bronco and in the couple of days thereafter, I noticed a few QC issues. All of these have been flagged on this forum in some manner or another but I wanted to highlight that these are still occurring and am also looking for feedback from others who have successfully dealt with any of these issues.

1- MIC panel with honeycomb. This was identified at the time of sale; pointed it out to the dealer and they immediately ordered a replacement panel (and now I have to hope the color matches the remaining panels).
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco delivered with QC issues - MIC top and hood - RESOLVED hoenycomb

2- Dent in hood. After driving home from the dealership, pulled in the driveway to take a couple of pics and heard a fairly loud thud/bang (not sure how to describe but definitely metallic sounding). Inspected the Bronco and quickly noticed a dent in the hood. I know others have also found dents; this one seems to be in a slightly different area than those previously reported. Anyone have thoughts?
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco delivered with QC issues - MIC top and hood - RESOLVED hood dent

3- Hood misalignment. I missed this one while at the dealership. All body panels seem to otherwise be aligned. However as others have described, the hood is not level with the tops of the side panels. I assume this "offset" is not by design. Has anyone had this issue resolved by their dealers/Ford (and if so, what was the fix)?
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco delivered with QC issues - MIC top and hood - RESOLVED hood not level

Thanks all for any feedback.

Update #1 (2.2.2022) Dealer (Karl Malone Ford in Park City) continues to be great to work with. Not having a body shop of their own (it's a small, local dealer), they had a local body shop look at both the hood dent and misalignment. Body shop is not sure what happened but because the insulation underneath the hood was not damaged and the dent is clearly pointing out, thinks it likely shipped from the factory with the dent. That does not explain the thud I heard but regardless, they have already scheduled the Bronco to have both the dent and hood misalignment taken care of.

Update #2 (2.16.2022) All issues resolved. Hood was removed from the Bronco, the dent taken out, hood repainted and new Wildtrak graphic attached. Once the hood was reattached they better aligned it with the side panels so that there is less of a gap. The MIC panel has also been replaced and matches the remainder of the top. Pain in the ass to have your new vehicle immediately in the shop but Karl Malone Ford and Carleson Quality Body and Paint were both excellent to work with.
Sponsored

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear about some of the issues you have. I have some of the snakeskin as well on my MIC 2.0. Gonna roll with it and see if it gets worse after the winter.

When it comes to the hood alignment, I think there were some adjustments even you could make to raise it, but hopefully someone else knows the specifics.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are these leaving the factory with such obvious defects?

Is sight even a requirement to work as QC at Ford?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A number of folks have declared the hood alignment is by design. If it is, it's a horrible design. No reason the hood shouldn't be aligned with fender. I have same issue. Just learned to live with it. You can extend the hood bump stops a bit and it may help. But those are just threaded in so be careful not to extend too far.

The dent on the hood sucks. Good luck with fixes.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best MIC 2.0 I've seen was last Saturday on a Wildtrak and it was still not 100% with the rolled edge around the rear window being too light. I have a feeling every single MIC 2.0 will be replaced within the next 2 years. I just don't understand why these are so difficult to make correctly.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best MIC 2.0 I've seen was last Saturday on a Wildtrak and it was still not 100% with the rolled edge around the rear window being too light. I have a feeling every single MIC 2.0 will be replaced within the next 2 years. I just don't understand why these are so difficult to make correctly.
If I had to guess, I’d say weight savings was priority one in the design.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First, a big thank you to @Cat and other contributors for developing with OCD delivery checklist (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/).

Picked up my 2022 Wildtrak last Friday. Karl Malone Ford (Crandall Ford at the time I made my reservation) has been great to work with; communicative, no ADM, etc. At the time I picked up my Bronco and in the couple of days thereafter, I noticed a few QC issues. All of these have been flagged on this forum in some manner or another but I wanted to highlight that these are still occurring and am also looking for feedback from others who have successfully dealt with any of these issues.

1- MIC panel with honeycomb. This was identified at the time of sale; pointed it out to the dealer and they immediately ordered a replacement panel (and now I have to hope the color matches the remaining panels).
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco delivered with QC issues - MIC top and hood - RESOLVED hood not level

2- Dent in hood. After driving home from the dealership, pulled in the driveway to take a couple of pics and heard a fairly loud thud/bang (not sure how to describe but definitely metallic sounding). Inspected the Bronco and quickly noticed a dent in the hood. I know others have also found dents; this one seems to be in a slightly different area than those previously reported. Anyone have thoughts?

3- Hood misalignment. I missed this one while at the dealership. All body panels seem to otherwise be aligned. However as others have described, the hood is not level with the tops of the side panels. I assume this "offset" is not by design. Has anyone had this issue resolved by their dealers/Ford (and if so, what was the fix)?

Sorry to read this, but on the other hand—you have your Bronco and it will get repaired.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had to guess, I’d say weight savings was priority one in the design.
Weight is indeed the issue. You could not get roof rails on a 4 door Sasquatch Badlands because it would break GVWR.

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A number of folks have declared the hood alignment is by design. If it is, it's a horrible design. No reason the hood shouldn't be aligned with fender. I have same issue. Just learned to live with it. You can extend the hood bump stops a bit and it may help. But those are just threaded in so be careful not to extend too far.

The dent on the hood sucks. Good luck with fixes.
Thanks. I'll take a look at the bump stops.

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to read this, but on the other hand—you have your Bronco and it will get repaired.
Yeah, I hear you...but you'd be amazed at how your enthusiasm wanes when having to deal with these issues (and I can't imagine having to deal with a blown engine or something as similarly catastrophic).

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hoenycomb.jpg

hood dent.jpg

hood not level.jpg

PLEASE send this information direct to FORD. Do not expect your Dealer to do it. FORD must be made aware that the end of the line quality control checkers are missing these items. No excuse.....it should have been corrected at the Factory.
@Ford Motor Company

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are these leaving the factory with such obvious defects?

Is sight even a requirement to work as QC at Ford?
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Ford Motor Company

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hood is unforgivable but the top could’ve easily passed documented QC standards. I bet the majority of customers wouldn’t notice the snakeskin and many of those who did wouldn’t care. That said if it’s an issue for you then you should definitely report it and do your best to get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Last edited:

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco delivered with QC issues - MIC top and hood - RESOLVED 1643666037982

How big is that gap?
Is this gap on both sides?
Can someone post a similar picture of their rig without the defect?

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco delivered with QC issues - MIC top and hood - RESOLVED 1643666037982

How big is that gap?
Is this gap on both sides?
Can someone post a similar picture of their rig without the defect?
It's not a defect it's just the bumps under the hood need to be raised. I had the same issue and turned the bumps up. My issue is with how loose the bumps are. There is little to no resistance to the thread and I can see it easily working it's way down if it's not tight against the closed hood.
Sponsored