TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry to see that. Is the dent pushing out on the hood? If so, something left inside the engine bay that pushed up on it when closing the hood? Either way, both the hood dent and hood alignment will get taken care of together when the dealer presumably replaces the hood.
Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I hear you...but you'd be amazed at how your enthusiasm wanes when having to deal with these issues (and I can't imagine having to deal with a blown engine or something as similarly catastrophic).
I had a Saab Turbo (my bad) and on the third day of flying around, the turbo blew and my windshield was covered in turbo gob—So yes, I understand what you're saying.
Just trying to big picture this Bronco mind game.

I do think Ford designed a very cool Bronco. I also think Ford should have focused on a slower roll out with regards to NOT offering so many models and combos. They should have been more thoughtful and professional in getting the important things correct first. Then moved onto expanding the product line. Simple things like a top and solid equipment package that was controllable, and production capable. One would think a 100 year old company that makes cars and trucks, could at least produce a top that is 100 percent. #tryingtodotoomanythingsatonce

Last edited:

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the hood does the misalignment run the length of the hood back the hinges? If so then it doesn’t seem like lengthening the bump stops would fix it?

mdahan

Outer Banks
First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima 2009- Maxi pad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How are these leaving the factory with such obvious defects?

Is sight even a requirement to work as QC at Ford?
Have you seen American manufacturing? It's terrible. I would trust something made in Mexico over US based. American made is no longer a good thing. Sadly I'm still buying a bronco.....

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First, a big thank you to @Cat and other contributors for developing with OCD delivery checklist (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/).

Picked up my 2022 Wildtrak last Friday. Karl Malone Ford (Crandall Ford at the time I made my reservation) has been great to work with; communicative, no ADM, etc. At the time I picked up my Bronco and in the couple of days thereafter, I noticed a few QC issues. All of these have been flagged on this forum in some manner or another but I wanted to highlight that these are still occurring and am also looking for feedback from others who have successfully dealt with any of these issues.

1- MIC panel with honeycomb. This was identified at the time of sale; pointed it out to the dealer and they immediately ordered a replacement panel (and now I have to hope the color matches the remaining panels).
hoenycomb.jpg

2- Dent in hood. After driving home from the dealership, pulled in the driveway to take a couple of pics and heard a fairly loud thud/bang (not sure how to describe but definitely metallic sounding). Inspected the Bronco and quickly noticed a dent in the hood. I know others have also found dents; this one seems to be in a slightly different area than those previously reported. Anyone have thoughts?
hood dent.jpg

3- Hood misalignment. I missed this one while at the dealership. All body panels seem to otherwise be aligned. However as others have described, the hood is not level with the tops of the side panels. I assume this "offset" is not by design. Has anyone had this issue resolved by their dealers/Ford (and if so, what was the fix)?
hood not level.jpg

Thanks all for any feedback.
Every bronco I’ve seen in person has the hood like this. It’s even on each side so I’m not messing with it.

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I hear you...but you'd be amazed at how your enthusiasm wanes when having to deal with these issues (and I can't imagine having to deal with a blown engine or something as similarly catastrophic).
I agree 100%

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda crazy that Ford specifically called out the honeycomb issue, shut down production and said every top with that defect needs to be replaced, and here we are six months later (and several months after Ford declared victory) still seeing this defect on brand new Broncos.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m excited to get my Bronco later this year, but after 9 years in a trouble-free Land Cruiser, if the thing has multiple issues I’ll dump it.

I don’t expect Toyota reliability, but hopefully this rig isn’t a lemon.

I’m not getting rid of the Land Cruiser.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I don't want to jinx myself, but so far I've been pretty satisfied with the build quality of my Bronco. I'm not nearly as anal as some of the folks on this forum, but I've found nothing glaring in any of the past 4 months daily driving it.

Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congratulations on your new Bronco. I'm sorry it has issues that should've been caught before it got to you. Hopefully, they will fix it and you won't have any other problems with it.

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A number of folks have declared the hood alignment is by design. If it is, it's a horrible design. No reason the hood shouldn't be aligned with fender. I have same issue. Just learned to live with it. You can extend the hood bump stops a bit and it may help. But those are just threaded in so be careful not to extend too far.

The dent on the hood sucks. Good luck with fixes.
Thanks. I tried extending the hood bump stops but could not could not get to a point where the hood was level with the fenders AND would shut (the bump stops will extend far enough to keep the hood from shutting). Would like to be able to just live with it but unfortunately details like this bother the hell out of me.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. I tried extending the hood bump stops but could not could not get to a point where the hood was level with the fenders AND would shut (the bump stops will extend far enough to keep the hood from shutting). Would like to be able to just live with it but unfortunately details like this bother the hell out of me.
Totally get it. Good luck.

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1643666037982.png

How big is that gap?
Is this gap on both sides?
Can someone post a similar picture of their rig without the defect?
Its about a third of a centimeter at the front (bumper) on both the driver and passenger sides. At the rear of the hood (windshield), its flush on the driver side and a quarter of a centimeter on the passenger side. I realize the measurements for these gaps sound small but they are really noticeable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to see that. Is the dent pushing out on the hood? If so, something left inside the engine bay that pushed up on it when closing the hood? Either way, both the hood dent and hood alignment will get taken care of together when the dealer presumably replaces the hood.
Looked under the hood and do not see any signs of something pushing up from the engine bay. The sound deafening material under the hood is intact and does not show any signs of impact. I did hear a thud/bump/dull bang while standing next to it and wonder whether there is a brace or weld underneath the sound deafening material that failed. But yeah, if the dealer replaces the hood, then all should be well. Waiting to hear back....
Sponsored