First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im in the same boat. I like the modular bumper more, and I opted for it with the understanding it will be price protected.

I can always get aftermarket fog lights that will look way more badass.
Same on the FOG lights
Sponsored

klill001

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BADLANDS/SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford WTF? If one made a reservation for a particular set up, why change it from standard equipment to optional? Sooo dislike this capable bumper, cannot believe I am being charged more for the bumper that was standard equipment when I made my reservation...

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford WTF? If one made a reservation for a particular set up, why change it from standard equipment to optional? Sooo dislike this capable bumper, cannot believe I am being charged more for the bumper that was standard equipment when I made my reservation...
If you made a reservation before 3/19 that was converted to an order, I believe you’ll receive price protection. Search for it on here.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unpopular opinion, it seems... but I actually think the capable bumper looks better than the HD modular bumper. One of the few silver linings of getting pushed a '22 for me.
Yea, me too. I just posted in the Black Diamond thread asking if anybody here besides me stuck with capable.

But I'm wanting to know what aftermarket stuff is available for that bumper (as mine is being built this week......any bull bars? Winches? How are the factory fogs?

Sponsored

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have price protection so no issue, add it to your build and you get the same thing for the same price. I am going to be using an aftermarket bumper so its great for me as I still get the price protection for it but have removed it so it $575 toward the aftermarket bumper.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

🙄 The capable bumper is ugly. Thanks, Ford.
I 100% disagree. I love the new look. Nice curves and the surround for the fog light is unique. We’ll done. Don’t be a hater. I’m buying a second Bronco - and itMs going to be a 2022 BD.

Mikael310

Badlands
First Name
Mikael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 For Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone confirm if the fog lights on the Capable bumper are wired into the same headlight control knob on the dash? If so, I'm thinking that having the fog lights pre-wired to these controls would be a great benefit and also free up an overhead Aux switch. I'm planning on replacing the bumper with an aftermarket bumper and fog lights. This way I could just reuse the old fog light wiring with new lights and have them work with the dashboard controls.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands Lights

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick question . Has the capable bumper been added to wildtrak as well ? A lot of wildtrak 22 reservations have seen the front bumper changed to capable. Is that the standard one now ? Can anyone confirm or deny. In my order it is showing capable now so I'm confused. Is it right or wrong ?

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quick question . Has the capable bumper been added to wildtrak as well ? A lot of wildtrak 22 reservations have seen the front bumper changed to capable. Is that the standard one now ? Can anyone confirm or deny. In my order it is showing capable now so I'm confused. Is it right or wrong ?
Wondering the same. I have MOD bumper ordered on my Wildtrak but if it comes with the capable I'll drop the MOD. Save me some $$$

Sponsored

Edward916

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Cadillac Escalade Sport, '21 MB GLS 580
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Until a few weeks ago I was under the assumption that the capable bumper came standard on the 2022 Wildtrak - and in fact, in emails sent by Ford showing an image of my 2022 WT build, it includes the capable bumper. Everything I’m reading/seeing now makes it appear as if the WT instead gets the standard bumper, however, Ford’s build and price site still shows a picture of the capable bumper as standard on the 2022 WT, and the WT build and price site had been unavailable for a few days recently (we all assume for updating), so you’d think Ford would have corrected this if in fact the WT’s standard bumper is the, well, standard bumper…

IronScott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can anyone confirm if the fog lights on the Capable bumper are wired into the same headlight control knob on the dash? If so, I'm thinking that having the fog lights pre-wired to these controls would be a great benefit and also free up an overhead Aux switch. I'm planning on replacing the bumper with an aftermarket bumper and fog lights. This way I could just reuse the old fog light wiring with new lights and have them work with the dashboard controls.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands Lights
Mine has the new bumper and there is a fog light switch by pushing the large dial.

168E695E-41C1-4FC5-9752-DF509CB02DB3.jpeg
Sponsored