Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not seeing that the ends come off of this bumper. No seems anywhere, and it has sensors close to the ends of the bumper. Back to HD Mod bumper for me. Even though this is better looking, it's too big for serious off road.
Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the pics and tell me how the end caps come off?! Where are the seams for end removal and the accessory bolts for this and for mounting additional lights/ accessories?
glare-cant-see (1).gif
Yeah, where do the ends come off? I'm good with it if the ends come off, it is better looking than the HD bumper. Never thought that was a very good looking bumper, and it looked like it would be even less good looking with the ends off. Possible good thing here....pics of where the ends come off. Or...is it only considered modular because the brush guard and the winch can be added?
I'm not seeing that the ends come off of this bumper. No seems anywhere, and it has sensors close to the ends of the bumper. Back to HD Mod bumper for me. Even though this is better looking, it's too big for serious off road.
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands Capture.JPG

If someone in the Metro Detroit area we can get more info on Saturday.
If you’re in the Metro Detroit area on Saturday, stop by the Bronco Corral at the Woodward Dream Cruise to see the Capable bumper in person .

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pics of these two things, please...someone... I can't keep up with this BS. This rollout is a disaster. So I won't be getting a steel bumper on my BL now? Is this the news? I get more mismatched colored plastic? Ford, why don't you just drive to my house and punch me in the d...
It seems to have given you the vapors.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn. Forced to MY22 and they changed the bumper too. I hope there is good news regards to price when I re-add the original bumper back to my build. Sadly I don't see the mod bumper listed on my signed DORA for MY21 order. I checked only to see if there would be any price associated with it.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not going freak out. Not sure why Ford is changing the BD bumper when the BD is supposed to be the first of the trim levels for a heavy duty off road rig. But after seeing the factory HD modular bumper and bash plate in person, it's pretty wimpy stuff IMO. There was a post a few weeks ago of how one member's Bronco was damaged in shipment, where whatever hit the bumper and bash plate showed those components didn't really offer much protection. I plan on upgrades of both in the aftermarket after seeing the factory parts.

Good news is by the time our Broncos arrive, there should be a good selection of real HD aftermarket choices.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MoDuLaRiTy!! LMAO. In all seriousness that one you can take the end caps off.
That’s what I was looking for. A rubi style bumper with the fogs. Now to see that winch plate on it. Finally something good for 22.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

And the hits keep coming.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have never seen evidence that the ends come off the Capable bumper… they might, but we haven’t seen it.

(The bumper looks a lot like the MOPAR one that does have removable ends, but we’ve never seen it on this one.)

In the case of the Capable bumper I believe all references to it including “modularity” is because you can attach a winch to it.
Winch is listed as an ability on the capable bumper. Where the hell is Ford thinking a winch will go on that?
The bronco winch mount bolts to the front recovery point. These points are exposed on the module bumper and have these shackle pieces bolted in and exposed on the capable bumper.

If seems that you would remove the shackle and bolt up the winch mount.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands 1629456549093

Last edited:

Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is saying they will honor all orders as is with equal equipment if available for same price for all 21 orders that got bumped. I assume that means they will allow modular bumper since that is what you ordered in the first place if you want it.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Modular still looks more badass. The way they implemented the fogs looks a little too Wrangler for my liking.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im going to quote myself here because it fully fully explains all the bumpers we’ve seen so far. Click my username on the quote to jump to the thread about bumpers.

There have been 4 variations published. Three look similar if you aren’t looking close.

Pay attention to the exposed shackles on the front.

Standard:

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands 1629456549093

Standard with fogs:

Capable:

Modular (with bull bar):

The exposed shackle location is actually the front of the frame and where the winch attaches to, hence the modular or capable bumper being required to mount the factory winch:

The standard bumpers do not have these locations exposed, and instead have a smaller D ring mounted lower down

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This doesn't pain me too much and I like having the fogs taken care of.

I suspect there will be another MY22 change more worthy of losing my own personal shit over.
Sponsored