Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a big fan of the Capable Bumper, to be honest. *sighs* Looks like I'll be shelling out for the Heavy Duty Mod Bumper no matter which way I go.
Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pics of these two things, please...someone... I can't keep up with this BS. This rollout is a disaster. So I won't be getting a steel bumper on my BL now? Is this the news? I get more mismatched colored plastic? Ford, why don't you just drive to my house and punch me in the d...
The capable bumper is powder coated steel.

I still don’t like the look of it, but it is at least not plastic.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pics of these two things, please...someone... I can't keep up with this BS. This rollout is a disaster. So I won't be getting a steel bumper on my BL now? Is this the news? I get more mismatched colored plastic? Ford, why don't you just drive to my house and punch me in the d...
Well if you click the link from op you can stop your meltdown

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Capable Bumper
The Capable bumper (above) will be standard on Black Diamond and Badlands, replacing the current Heavy-Duty Modular default.

• Material: powder-coated steel
  • Features: modularity, fog lights, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands Capable-large

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well. There it is.... One more reason to be happy I've had a vin for what feels like 19 years. Lol Wouldn't be super happy being stuck with that bumper on the badlands and having to now pay for the modular bumper upgrade.
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands hulk-out-hulk

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand the hate for the new bumper if the end can take off like the other bumper just take the free switch a lot of people are going to get a new bumper so who cares what it looks like just take the free switch and move on.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Capable Bumper can take the ends off to....
Look at the pics and tell me how the end caps come off?! Where are the seams for end removal and the accessory bolts for this and for mounting additional lights/ accessories?
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands glare-cant-see (1)

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy to see more MY22 stuff but glad I’ll have the HD steel. Never cared for the capable but it is better than the plastic bumper if you want factory fogs.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah......... I too prefer the modular bumper over the capable bumper. Makes me wonder what the price difference will be.

I assume most of us will get price protection on the modular bumper anyway, but if I lose price protection by going Mansquatch, I'll just skip it and go aftermarket. Luckily I'm currently not planning on getting adaptive cruise control, so finding aftermarket shouldn't be hard.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one am excited! I think it looks better than the HD modular and I really wanted factory integrated fog lights!

on top of that it’s still steel and if the ends come off, that’s awesome!

To each their own I guess

on top of that, it SHOUlD be a price reduction if standard equipment

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Look at the pics and tell me how the end caps come off?! Where are the seams for end removal and the accessory bolts for this and for mounting additional lights/ accessories?
Yeah, where do the ends come off? I'm good with it if the ends come off, it is better looking than the HD bumper. Never thought that was a very good looking bumper, and it looked like it would be even less good looking with the ends off. Possible good thing here....pics of where the ends come off. Or...is it only considered modular because the brush guard and the winch can be added?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So looks like Ford has started with the slow trickle of MY22 updates…first green (but haven’t officially showed the shade), then soft top standard on WT. Now the capable bumper replacing the HD Mod as standard for BL and BD.

Ford please oh please offer Black Diamond MGV color scheme on Badlands! I will love you forever!! 😍😍😍

So a few questions remain now for the bumpers. How much to upgrade to the HD Mod?

And what is meant by “modular” on the capable? So the ends come off or something?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have a 2021 Black Diamond on order....standard is the modular bumper. We are supposed to have price protection. Now I am being forced to a 2022 model where the standard bumper is the capable.....so...I will need to pay more for the (now) optional modular bumper. HOW IS THAT PRICE PROTECTION???? The only reason I am not getting a 2021 MY is due to Ford and Webasto screw ups. I did everything expected of me, now I still end up paying MORE. Not whinning...this IS an issue.
Sponsored